Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 16:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

All the things you mentioned for miracle whip I already make with mayo and they just don't taste right without it. Thanks for the link, I have been using theknot.com but will look at that one also.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 10:07

BF:

Good Morning, it feels like a really good day today. Actually I weighed in at 130 this morning so I told myself I really need to get back on track. I am energized and rearing to go. Hope you are having a good day also. I see we both made it through one more day cheat free, way to go. Also, way to go on the 190, you are doing good.

And oh yeah, at the beginning of this challenge it was stated to set some mini goals for each week. Here are some of mine for next week:

Wake up at 5:00 no snooze and do pilates workout
Restart Induction for the whole week
Try to reduce the coffee intake

Last edited by adukart : Fri, Jan-23-04 at 10:09.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 11:14

Plan: Atkins my way
Stats: 198/180/165 Female 62
BF:44/43/42/40/39/38
Progress: 55%

I am doing so good. I'm glad to say I made it one more day despite temptation (garlic mashed potatoes). I made it one more day cheat free.
Glad to see that you are motivated to get on track! I just found out today that I need to loose like 1.5 pounds per week in order to make my goal so I am going to get back to running so that I can speed up the process a little. (even if I don't loose pounds at least I will loose inches.) I have decided to not worry so much about weight training. I may add a little bit of that later. I am trying to take it one step at a time. First eating right, then running. Besides my passion for running is stronger than my one for weight training.

Mini Goals for the week
Wake up at 5:15 a.m to go run (20 mins)
eat only 2 sugar free snacks a day

Have a good day!!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 13:38

BF:

Just wanted to say have a good weekend. I don't have the internet at home yet and I don't work on the weekends. We are hoping to get it sometime next week. See you Monday!!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 09:49

I don't have the internet at home either so here I am Monday Morning!! I did okay this weekend. Weekends are my weakness. I have 1 cheat day a week in which I have a meal that has carbs in it. Beyond that I will be running this week.

Goals for the week
Run 3x's (at least)
Keep eating in check
Muscle training 2 days (at home)
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 09:52

BF:

It was my birthday on Saturday, I had some fried cheesecake. I only had one litle square but still a cheat so I am back to one day cheat free.

These are still my goal for this week.
Wake up at 5:00 no snooze and do pilates workout
Restart Induction for the whole week
Try to reduce the coffee intake
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 10:11

I guess I should probably start over too huh.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 10:24

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

Ok, I'm dropping in... My wedding date is 5/30/04. I haven't set a specific weight loss goal, although it would be heavenly to get under 200 by then. That would be about 2 lbs. a week though and I'm not sure how that will go. Nice to meet ya!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 10:31

Welcome Cori,

It looks like your wedding is pretty close huh! Well I think it is totally possible to loose a couple of pounds by your wedding date just keep on pushing!!!

We are posting our weekly mini goals along with whatever other trials and what not we go through!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 11:14

BF:

Well... I'm not setting any mini goals for this week, cause my scale is screwing up. I got on the scale this morning and saw 230! And I was doing the happy dance.

But, after I hit the potty, I stepped back on to see that lovely number again. It said 242.

And then I backed off, tried again... 238

So I backed off and tried again... 240 and then I got 228, and then I got 232. So needless to say the scale is a-dying.

When I went to doc before my surgery (12/30) I was 246 so I'm in the ballpark, but I have no idea what my true weight is, and can't afford a scale til Friday. So this week I will just try to be an Atkins trooper! Can you tell I'm scale addicted???
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 15:43

Hey Adukart where are you? I haven't heard from you all day. Hopefully the storm that was here didn't hit you. Hoping your safe!
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 16:24

BF:

Hey, well we do have some terrible weather but I am computer geek, in other words computer support. We got hit with the latest virus and I've been cleaning up all day. I went home for lunch and it was -25 with the wind chill. Wouldn't have been bad but they didn't plow the highway yet so I had to drive in the middle with the snow blowing, was not fun. I have school tonight and it's supposed to get close to -50 with wind chill, brrrr. Hope it stops snowing soon.

I am still at 130. I seriously think it's all the caffeine so tomorrow will be my cutoff day for caffeine for a while. Welcome Cori, glad to see some more engaged people. Hope the weight loss is good and steady for you.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 08:42

Good morning ladies!!

I am doing pretty good this morning. I actually was able to get up early enough to work out. I rode my recumbent(is that how you spell it ). Anyhow I rode about 2miles and I also did some sit-ups. I am beginning to think that I am over doing it on the fried chicken. I love fried chicken wings, strips etc. But it may be stunting my loss. I have plateaued a little. It could be a number of things though. I'm not worried about it.

My co-workers are having a birthday party on Friday. This can sometimes be difficult especially if I am craving sugar. I can't give in! I can't give in!

If you wanna know what I ate check out my journal.

Have a wonderful day!!!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 09:03

BF:

Good Morning, I am back at 129 today. I really want a cup of coffee being that it is -20 degrees. I think I might just have one or two. We don't have decaf so that isn't an option at this time. I could buy some powdered stuff but I don't know I just want to kick the habit. Gotta go but I'll write later.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 11:38

BF:

on your signature adukart. i used to be a technical trainer, and i called it "trainer magic". if i stand over your shoulder to see what's wrong, it will work.