Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 00:44

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%
Default Not petite but definitely short

Hi there,

I am 5'3" tall w/ a medium frame. I am working on getting back into my size 5 clothes that I used to wear before having my first child at the age of 27. That was 11 years ago but I had maintained a weight of 110 - 115 lbs for about nine years before that first child.

Having kids really put me out of whack and now that I have four children and am finished I see no reason why I cannot have my old body back. Well sort of, with all the pregnancy battle scars an' all.

I can get my old size five pants on and at 115 lbs I can zip them up I just can't sit down in them! Seems I have developed a bit of a pear shape from all those little kidlets.

Am working hard on not only losing the weight but also exercising to try and ensure that I am mostly lean weight which contributes to looking good (changing that pear to a more lean silhouette) as well as feeling good at a particular weight.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 05:43
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%

Dinky,
I haven't lost any this week. I am founding out certain food is causing me to be slow losing. So this morning, I am eating only food that I know I can eat. Maybe both of us well get our rewards this weekend.
Have a good lo carb morning.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 10:13
Registered Member

Plan: Returned to CALP 4/8/2
Stats: 147/143/115
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default PETIT

Hi Dinky! I'm pretty little, too, only 5'2". When I got married I weighed 107 (and that was AFTER a child). The day my daughter was born four years ago I weighed 145. So basically, I'm birth-giving weight today, ugh!

I want to get down to at least 115 but would be pleasantly surprised to see 110. Don't sweat your friends, Dinky, they mean well. I know that often without meaning to be I'm secretly shocked to find out a girlfriend (who's not fat) weigh 180. She's also almost six feet tall! You see? Height has ALOT to do with it.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 20:23
Registered Member

Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Smile Hi petite ladies

Friday again. Did pretty good this week - but only lost 1 lb. That's still progress.

You're absolutely right about the 'baby weight'. I held my weight at 107-112 til I was 26 and had my first child. When I delivered the 2nd child I weighed in a 154. Talk about short and round

Ever since it seems like my body battles against me to keep all those baby lbs off. But I'm winning.

HOMEGIRL -- you are doing fantastic. You must feel just great. I'm right behind you

I have a very hard time getting in more exercise. I work long hours at work and am exhausted when I get home. I walk a few miles a week, that's about it. I have an elliptical trainer, but I'm not very faithful at using it.

Now just gotta get through another weekend and maintain my 1 lb loss ! Good luck ladies.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 12:38
Pending Member

BF:
Default Good morning ladies

Good afternoon,
Hope everyone is doing fine? I had to slow down on eating pork rinds. I didn't gain but I am swollen. Drinking more water to day to try to flush it out. I have something to report. I love my long jumper but now they either have to be given to my clothes pantry or I will hem them. They are down to the ground.
That means I am losing my big breast . Maybe my back will quit hurting. Well girls I am proud of you both and I know that we well be small and petite again soon.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 08:05

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Petite!

It's also important to remember that the number on the scale isn't what defines a healthy weight. I'm 5'4" and a healthy weight for me (on my large frame) is around 145, below that and people start commenting that I look TOO thin (that's never been a problem with me)! It was also hard for me growing up, because my mother is about my height, but very fine boned and she weighed about 112. Hang in there and find a weight that's easy to maintain!

-animaldoc
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 09:08

Stats: 145/135/120
BF:
Progress:

Hi Dinky,
Even though I don't fit into the petite category height wise I understand exactly what you mean about the way people react to the news of your dieting. I am very small boned and tend to gain weight in the breast, hip area first. It is so frustrating when I explain to people that yeah with clothes on I don't look so overweight cause I look about the same size as the average boned person but with my clothes off I have cellulite, sag, and about 20 more pounds of weight than I should. Of course in the last 6 months or so I've gained enough that it shows through my clothes and in my face so people don't argue with me Anyhow...I'm glad to see there are other people in this boat and I wish you all happy low-carbing!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 19:27
Registered Member

BF:
Talking Hello Petite Ladies

I just hate Mondays. I have to drag myself out of bed to start another week. But it's over now, and that's great. Was all puffy feeling this morning, but the scales held steady. I think it was too much salt over the weekend. Restaraunt food is always saltier.

Animaldoc is right about finding the weight that's right for you. I look and feel great between 115-120. And when I stay off the carbs/sugar, I settle in there and eat a healthy amount of food.

Loosing extra pounds is not just a vanity thing, it's a quality of life thing. Live longer, feel better, be around and still be energetic when the grandkids need you.

I am so proud of myself when I'm eating right and maintaining my weight. So the question I always ask myself is - why do I ever fall off the wagon and get hooked on the carbs in the first place? Any armchair psychologists out there have the answer??
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 00:37

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%

This is a thread I can certainly relate to, great to see some other petite low-carbers out there. It's so frustrating when people scoff at my 10 pound weight loss goal and say 10 pounds is nothing compared to what some people are aiming for. On a small frame like mine, 10 extra pounds makes a huge difference and I just look puffed up and unhealthy. What a relief to see I'm not the only one that has this problem.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 20:18
Pending Member

BF:
Default Hello

Hello my petite buddies. I was just wondering if everything is okay. I haven't heard from you for awhile. Last night a lc
visited me. I put my pj on and they were to long. So thank you my special friends for helping me achieve the impossible. Losing.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 15:04

Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%

Bonjour petites!!!
I'm on last day of induction today (Day 14) and down to 153 from 162. I know this is probably mostly water weight right? Anyway, I'm thinking of keeping on inductionf or another two weeks -- if I can manage it. It is rather ruthless. Hope you're all doing well.

Take care

Ruby
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 16:25

Plan: Atkins/BFL exercise plan
Stats: 218/185.6/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Hi Ladies

I have been reading your posts for the past couple of days and figured I should join up with the petites. I posted down below a few days ago,but haven't heard from anyone. I am 5'2 and want to get back down to at least 125. 77 lbs seems like an eternity right now. Of course a week and a half ago, I didn't think 8 lbs would come off like they have. I too look at pics from high school, even when I was first married(140) and wish I was that way again. I can't believe I actually thought I was really fat!!! You all sound like you are doing great. I know it will continue to work for you. I have a question-what exercising are you doing? I hear that strength training is the way to go. What works for all of you? Thanks for listening-
Natalie
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 19:28
Pending Member

BF:
Thumbs up Hello,

Congratulation Ruby and Nat on your weight lost. Ruby, I know I weigh 105 when I meet my husband and I have a picture of my on our 25th anniversity and I was dump struck. I could believe the weight. But that is the past, and we petite ladies may be short but we our tall on determination. And I am proud of all of us.

Nat, I walk a mile every day and when the weather gets better I am going to up it to about 5 but gradually. I think it important to move and exercise.

Mags, Welcome and I know what you mean about a small amount of weight makes us twice as big. But you well lose it and we our here for you.

Well girlfriends, I haven't felt good today and I am going to bed.

I hope you all a very blessed evening.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 20:37
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hello all my petite ladies

It is so great to hear from you all. And wecome to our newest petite friends. You are all doing absolutely great.

Natalie - don't think for a minute that you can't loose the weight you need to loose. Never focus on a number that seems overwhelming. Focus on 10 lb goals at a time. Just focus on that 10 lbs and no more. Look how far you've come already

Each time you reach that 10 lbs goal - congratulate yourself - and we will help cheer you on. Then think about how the time went pretty quick for that last then pounds, you didn't really miss any of that bad food, and you feel so much better - and so proud of yoursef - you will be eager to try for the next ten.

It may be your end goal changes along the way. When you reach a point where you feel healthy and happy with the way you look, then you may decide to hold there for a while and assess if you want to go further.

DonnaJ - you doing great. Hope you feel better tomorrow. I mostly walk for exercise also. I really enjoy walking and generally despise most exercises. I used to like to dance - but that was another lifetime.

Ruby - yes you can stay on induction another 2 weeks, but maybe you should at least add some new vegies or some moderate 'treat'. You don't have to deprive yourself on the WOE to succeed. Just don't allow yourself to start feeling so deprived of things you backslide

Welcome Mags and all my other petite friends. The more the merrier.

I did good this week, and am very content with where I am today.

Oh and I'm sooooo glad it's Friday.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 22:03
Registered Member

BF:
Default Im not really bad...

I'm just drawn that way.

Wow! I just figured out how to add the avatar. Had to go with Jessica. Don't I look cool?

You know we're not really that different Jessica and I. She's maybe a little taller that' all.

Good night ladies