Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 21:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/298.2/250 Female 5.6
BF:Oh My!
Progress: 7%

Hey nawchem, just dont give up and hang in there. I'm at 240, so this is a challenge for me at my hefty size......I agree with Tim, though, the cool down is a MUST!!!!! My heart rate was so high, I thought I was going to pass out. If you're out of shape, DO NOT stop immediately, gradually slow down or you'll pass out....Remember, the website mentions if the program is to accelerated, just take it a bit slower..... You're doing great!! By the way, I love Colorado and the Broncos (especially Jake Plummer). Glad to see another fan on the forum. Check out my profile - you'll see some pics of the stomping ground right in your back yard
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 08:09

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

so I completed day 2 of week 2 this morning and it wasn't as much "fun" as it was on monday .... it felt GOOD on monday to get back on the treadmill (almost 2 weeks w/out), but this morning? Whoa daddy, it kicked my arse... But no pain no gain, right?
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 11:38
DRAGON SLAYER

Plan: yep- its a plan
Stats: 245/000/160 Female 62
BF:sz24/ sz16/ sz8
Progress: 288%

Hi beautiful people...and yes.. nawchem-- definetly hang in there.. it will get easier... and remember that it states to do the same week over and over until you feel comfortable moving on to the next week... I only got to week 3 in 2 months.. and back to week 2 cuz I am starting over again... just don't give up.. keeping pushing.....Hey.... If I can do this anyone can..believe me!

My run/walk... last night was absolutely incredible-- 40 degrees, moonlight, serene and quiet...it was a physical/spiritual adventure.... I am really loving this running thing..... I did week 2 again, but a perfect 90secs/2min for 20... a total of 40 mins...(20 mins walking).
My goal for this week is to do 2 more days at week 2... then next week.. will push to week 3.. wish me luck!

Tim is the one who started me on this... Thanks Tim!!!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 12:16

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Hello all of you walker and joggers!!! I was thinking of starting a couch to 5K challenge, so I'm really glad Cathy sent me the link to this challenge.

I started running last fall with my DW and DS when DS was working a his Personal Fitness merit badge with Boy Scouts. I had made a goal to be able to run 1 mile without stopping by the time DS finished his merit badge.

My goal changed when Cathy sent me the cool runnings link!!! I would like to run the St Louis St Pats Day 5K run. I dont know if I'll be ready by then, cuz we are kinda stuck on week 3. I guess we're wimpy cuz we aren't running when its COLD outside. Of course my definition of cold is different than Tim's (301) definition of cold.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to this challenge.
I also reccomend going to a running store and get fitted for really good running shoes. This made a big differnece for us, especially my DW who suffers from arthritis.

I also reccomend streching before and after your run, and walking a warm up and cool down lap.

And by the way, Cathy created a new word to help in this program. She combined walking and jogging to get "WOGGING". Its so much simpler to type WOG than walk and jog.

Have fun WOGGING!!!
Scott

Last edited by niudog : Wed, Jan-11-06 at 12:22.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 12:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by niudog
I was thinking of starting a couch to 5K challenge

I know, right?!?!!! I was so excited when I came across this ... hopefully we can really stay on track and encourage one another!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by superaunt
I know, right?!?!!! I was so excited when I came across this ... hopefully we can really stay on track and encourage one another!

Thats what its all about!!!
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 16:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 208/208/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Count me in. 3 miles by when. What day is the challeng going to end on?
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 21:41

Hey all! Day two down, and it was harder than day 1! My thighs are killin me tonight. My headaches are really bothersome when I WOG (he he - I just LOVE typing that). I'm going for allergy tests tomorrow, so I'm gonna ask about that....Wow, I'd love to drive up to St. Louis to do the 5k......It's not too far from here, but I'm not sure if I'll be ready. I'm down to complete my 9 weeks by 3/12, but that may be a bit aggressive after tonight (not to mention I've got a load in the rear to carry with me). Man, when I hike, I always say how cool it will be not to carry around an extra 90lbs....I'll be so fast! I can't imagine how much easier WOGGING will be, too. One thing I know for sure - this exercise is a rush!! I'm so motivated as I count down the last 10 seconds with the clock.....I'm gonna run 5k!!!! How'd everyone else do today??
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 21:45

I got in 2 miles of wogging with my dog andDS this afternoon!!!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 21:46

Leangirl, check out this link, it's a 9 week program, so the challenge ends 9 weeks from when you start. So glad you're here, we can do the 5k together in May at the Music City Marathon!

www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 21:48

Way to go, you WOGGER!!!
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 09:02

BF:

I never IN MY LIFE dreamt that I would be a "runner" -- you know, one of those folks you see jogging the hood... NEVER thought that would be me. Now granted, it's still not, but doing this program give me hope and that excites the poop outta me!
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 20:55

Superaunt, I totally agree with you. Ilove the feel of the soreness in my muscles-feels like i really did something.

Cathy- Imissed your post last night.Gurl, you are my inspiration! Keep up the awesome pace. Week 2 scares me a bit. I might stay on week 1 for a bit! You give me hope, though. Iknow I can do this!!
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 07:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 208/208/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Boy, am I out of shape. It is amazing how fast that happens, but I shall push on. I've got to buy me something warm to jog in. I hate the cold. It is rainy here today so it will be the elliptical for me. Good luck everyone. Mini goal jog 1 mile by Feb.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 09:55

BF:

Okay. I've completed week 2 of the coolrunnings program. It wasn't easy, but I did it!!!!! And now (Monday actually), I'm on to week 3!!! My new mantra is to PUSH PUSH PUSH myself cuz I can't afford a personal trainer to do it and if I don't do it nobody else will.

This is hard. There's no sugar coating that it's hard. But I'm telling you guys that if *I* can do this, ANYONE can!!!!! Seriously! I've got a HUGE chest (larger than D, that's all I will say here) to carry around in addition to the weight... but I've prevailed and I will complete this program!