Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 12:03

Plan: carb/cal cycling
Stats: 176/136/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 78%

hey nawchem, hope you get to feeling better soon. i think that's great that you are looking after yourself and eating healthy.

hey mims, i'm doing pretty good. i've stuck to my 25carbs, which has been kind of hard at times. i've gone to the fridge looked at the fruit in there, and struggled with feelings of wanting more. i really think i wouldn't have been able to make it through the week if it weren't that i made a 7 day committment. i'm stalled with my weight, but from reading posts at this board, that seems pretty common for the 3-4 week mark. i want to do 25 carbs for awhile, but somehow doing the 7day cheat free makes it seem doable. I'm going to try and take it one week at a time, maybe at some point the cravings will go away more. Thanks for asking about me
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 12:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%
Exclamation

nawchem...grumpy is always a good sign. I knew my kids were getting better if everything got on their nerves and they turned into grumpy butts. I am so glad you are moving past the candy habit, I know how tough that particular vice is to pass.

nepeta... I am so glad you are are having such good success, keep up the great job.

Well the Dr is planning on starting me on meds, I just hope the added hormones won't screw up my newly imposed induction. I've been going at this with an OWL mindset and it just isn't working for me, I only do really well on strict induction (with the addition of a few berries & nuts after 2 weeks). The LC foods seem to be my down fall, they just seem to create cravings I didn't have at all during the first 4 months of Atkins. So I have re-adjusted my stats to show the gain I've had and I'm planning on staying with induction until I am with-in 10 lbs of my goal weight, only then will I move on to OWL and start to increase my carbs & food choices.The funny thing is that I went completely cheat-free for 4 months and only started having cheat days when I started into OWL, I think I just go crazy when things aren't very structured.
  #273   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 22:57

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

well ya'll I goofed over the weekend I had Pizza tweice and that caused all the lost weight to come right back. So I basically am right back to my starting point. Maybe this week I will be able to resist.
Miez
  #274   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 08:07

Unhappy

Doesn't that suck miez? I'm right in there with you and starting over.
  #275   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 10:43
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I'm with you too. Remember lets go easy on ourselves, we have all been struggling with some physical issues.

I am so cheap. I am using up my sugary cough medicine and cough drops but will try to stick lc otherwise today. I was also putting honey in my tea but that stopped today. I hope they make sugarfree Niquel I'm going to stock up tonight.

Miez, there's a good chance you're just retaining water so all is not gained.
  #276   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 12:14

Day 1 of induction went pretty well yesterday... can't believe how much worse the sugar cravings are this time around. My carb totals were 30 for the day, I forgot how many carbs were in red peppers and string beans.

Ladies!
  #277   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 21:55
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Wow! You guys have been super active in my absense.

My party Saturday night went great. I managed to avoid the pizza and chips, and stuck to diet soda with vodka to drink.

All is well know, except TOM is here and I feel sooooo bloated. I'm not even going to think about weighing myself until it is over. I've also had killer cramps, I'm not sure how to get rid of them. My advil isn't working. *sigh*

I hope you all are doing well. I'll post again in the morning.
  #278   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 21:57
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Mims, you're back on Induction? Hehe, lucky you

I found that when I eat less then 28-30 carbs a day, I don't loose as well, but that is just me.

Nawchem and Becca, how are you doing?

Welcome to the challenge, Sophotia!!!

Heya, Miez, glad you stopped by! Good luck on induction!
  #279   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 05:43
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I know we dont count up our days until the end of the week but I'm so proud that I have now made it 2 days cheat free!! None of my toddlers gold fish crackers, popcorn nor tastes of their dinner. In fact last night when I was feeding the 17 month old and needed to make sure her rice wasn't too hot a little kept getting in my mouth and I would spit it out. When I do things like that I know I'm on the right track. The 30 day challenge was too hard for me....taking it day by day is a lot more how this WOE is. Thanx for creating this thread and thanx for all the greetings and salutations!!

~Alicia~
  #280   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 11:43

Talking Hi Girls

Sophotia - on the 2 days, that is wonderful. When I first started LCing I was making french fries for my son and without thinking I popped one in my mouth, before I even had a chance to chew I realized what I had done and proceeded to spit it out right on the floor. My son ripped on me for days over that one. We all check in during the week with how our day went, good or bad, so please keep us updated on how things are going.

Akasha - Glad the party went well for you, you are definitely back in control. Hope you start to feel better, cramps suck big time.

nawchem & miez - how is the new start going?

nepeta & icey - . I hope you are both doing well.

I'm doing pretty good, I had 23 carbs yesterday and I'm maintaining my weight with TOM. Every little victory helps
  #281   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 12:22

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

oh wow, my new start didn't really start yet LOL.
We had burgers and fries for dinner last night and I had ramen noodles for lunch.
I will try to stick with it today and the rest of the week. Also just like Akasha lovley TOM has decided to drop by for the week, so I hope I will be able to resist.
Miez
  #282   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 12:38

Exclamation Just a little update

as of June 12th these are the totals I have for everyone. Please let me know if I missed any days for you.

Mims - 63
suzzee - 40
Akasha - 58
nawchem - 20
miezimau - 32
Lunababy - 5
Skinnbones - 0
iceyfire77 - 8
nepeta - 7
Sophotia - 0

Keep it up!!!
  #283   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 12:45

BF:

hi everybody, and welcome sophotia

i've been doing pretty good, still not cheating, i think i'm now adjusting better to the 25carbs a day. of course it's slightly frustrating that the scale is still the same now going on 2 weeks, i'll give it another week at 25carbs and see what happens. at some point i just may go back into induction, i so want to get below 150. i've hovered in the 150's since february, so it's time.

my 7 day cheat free is to stay at 25 carbs.

it's also my tom, though it's on the way out now. cramps suck, hope yours get better akasha.

mims glad your induction is going well.
  #284   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 17:35

Talking

You're doing great nepeta . How about posting your daily menu for a few days and maybe one of us can see what's stalling you.

This is what TOM has done to me...
  #285   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 19:30

BF:

breakfast:
3 eggs
1 slice low carb toast w/butter (6total carbs)
1 cup coffee

snack:

1/4 cup blueberries
or 1/2 cup cantaloupe
or last couple days i've done about 10 cherries

lunch:
lg. salad w/dandelion leaves, wild greens from yard. with celery, onion, cucumber & grilled chicken. w/balsamic dressing

snack:

2/3 cup tunafish salad w/ small amt of veggie, lemon juice, mayo
or celery sticks w/ 2 Tab. almond butter

dinner:
lamb or fish or hamburger
w/ kale or asparagus , sometimes i have broccoli or cauliflower.

snack : 4 slices of ham or roast beef

i take fish oil caps daily, plus many vits/ minerals. get somewhere like 12 glasses of water a day. exercise 5 times a week.

*just to let you know,i'm doing my own combo of atkins owl and curves. so i eat 6 small/med size meals a day, do 25 carbs, but with curves you get free carbs which don't count in the total. (free carbs are vegts like lettuce, broccoli, celery, onion, cucumber, pickles) so i'm sure i'm really getting somewhere between 30-35 carbs a day.
i think i may try a more relaxed way like this for the month of june & if i don't lose more than a couple pounds this month i'll probably lean towards strictly atkins. at this point i'm trying to play around with it, trying to find a way i don't feel too deprived and yet can still lose weight. if you have any input that'd be great though!