Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2476   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-07, 08:24

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

yes very often you see studies on oatmeal which is the best thing to stick to in the mornings and you mix it with flax seeds or bran...
Sponsored Links
  #2477   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-07, 12:25
Green for Life!

Plan: G.I. Diet
Stats: 193/148/143 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 90%

...just wanted to report that all my efforts are for naught...and I am crashing again.

My dad went for his lower body scan for the prostate cancer yesterday. When he was getting dressed they came and asked him if he had heart trouble and he told them "no, not that he knows of"...so they had him come back today for some tests on his heart.

Turns out he has a mass in the left atrium and they are not sure if it is a clot or myxoma (benign tumour). They have to fly him to another city (Quebec City) to operate. The doctor told him to go buy lottery tickets as he could have had a stroke or been paralized...what's the chances that they would catch this while looking for something else.

Anyhow...that's what's going on with me....will probably be in Quebec City on the weekend. Take care everyone.
  #2478   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-07, 15:37
Lovin' The GI Diet!

Plan: YOU: On A Diet
Stats: 250.0/231.0/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Lou, I will be saying a prayer for you and your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny
hey chari..how you doing...dont get to hear from you much...so long your doing great...

cheers guys off to work

Lanny my DH has surgery on Monday and I have not had much time on the computer, it's alot of work taking care of a sick man!

I will be checking in on you ladies from time to time.

Lou I hope your Dad is going to get well!

Chari
  #2479   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 11:30

BF:
Progress:

i just read these 2 last post...didnt see them this morning had to leave early..im so sorry Lou for your dad...im sure he will be just fine...cant the come to montreal at the jewish general or the royal vic? why quebec city? unless he leaves closer to there...i know its easier said than done but dont worry..take ti day by day cause im sure thats what hes doing...chin up girl he will fine...we have fantastic hospitals in quebec...

sorry to hear about your husband too Chari and yes hard to take care of a man that sick...i like your "!" marks at the end of man...lol...

i will be thinking of you both...hang in there Lou...

ciao bellas..
  #2480   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 14:24
Lovin' The GI Diet!

BF:

Thanks Lanny!
He is getting better each day, looks like he will be home 6 weeks or so.

Chari
  #2481   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 16:41
Green for Life!

BF:

Thanks too Lanny...they seem to take everyone in our hometown to Quebec City...my dad's next door neighbor is in the same hospital...just down the hall from him...she was taken there two weeks ago. They sent him to the Laval University Hospital which is the cardiac hospital....now we wait...they did nothing for him today!!!

I will keep you posted....ate like crap today as I had no milk or groceries and running around to do.

Hope all is well everywhere.

Cheers
  #2482   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 05:03

BF:
Progress:

hey you, dont get yourself down now...your stronger than you think...got to push Lou, dont let anything bring you down right now, its not the time...i know its hard not to be near the ones you care with they need help and just use the phone to get news...even if you were here you wouldnt be able to do anything anyhow, he's got to do all his test first and then we wait to see what happens...go day by day and go out for a good walk today...get out of the house and get some air..it will help...i know you dont have to listen to all of this...as experience i know it helps a bit to get out and do something else...right now not much you can do either...you will later on...

hang in there your a tough cookie
  #2483   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 11:26
Green for Life!

BF:

I know I know.....rainy and damp outside...and fighting a head cold...just not "mentally there" at the moment.
  #2484   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 05:15

BF:
Progress:

we had a fantastic day yesterday...+12 snow is almost gone...mostly green grass now...nothing worst than being sick with a head cold or cold in spring...dont worry all will be back to normal...if you call normal, normal...HA! you ever try BUCKLEY? holy cow man, does that stuff wake up the brain...thank god its natural...the commercials on TV is so right...taste terrible but it really works...really odd that stuff...like you take it and right away you feel like barfing and yet you feel like your lungs just opened up, the head is cleared up and all...really weird with you take that...i take it straight to get it over with...lol

ciao dear hang in there
  #2485   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-07, 08:48

Plan: Now SB
Stats: 232.0/220/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%

Morning..
I must admit I have NOT read any book yet on the GI so this may sound like a pretty stupid question and pretty obvious to say..read the book. I agree with that, but haven't made it to the library yet (VERY active 2 yr old and DH out of town for work and will not take son w/ me...LOL). and haven't had the money to order one yet. I

Anyhow, I've been pondering this way of eating for a LONG while now, I've been doing plain lc for about 6 weeks now faithfully and LOVE how I feel, as a matter of fact I have more energy now than I think I have ever had, but my point is I don't count carbs at all, never have and have went from 232 to 212 yesterday morning. Now I absolutely LOVE tomato paste (thick on top) of my chicken and hamburger patty and mozz cheese. I also ate the whole small can of mushrooms that I sauteed in the same pan. I realize had I been counting carbs I would be over what I shoulddd be eating, but I'm still losing by not counting. Not real interested in staying Atkins 20 grams and under or even 30 and under etc.

My whole point is..do you eat pretty much like that? Can I have tomato paste and a can of mushrooms eating low gi? I have looked it up on some website, but it just tells for foods in general, it's not broke down in to tomato paste catergory etc or how much you can consume of it.

Sorry if I confused you. Do you have to watch portion sizes ever? My appetite is very low now and it don't take much to fill me up, but I really have no desire to measure, count etc.

Thanks in advance.
  #2486   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-07, 12:42

BF:
Progress:

hi, this is what tomatoe paste has:

Food Item:Tomato products, canned, paste
Food Quantity: 1 cup
Carbs: 49.5g
Dietary Fiber: 11.8g
Net Carbs: 37.7g
All tomato products contain some natural sugar in the form of simple carbohydrates. There is no added sugar in tomato paste and tomato puree. However, other tomato products have a small amount of added sweeteners (such as sugar, corn syrup, or high fructose corn syrup) to reduce acidity and enhance the natural sweetness of the tomato.

ok now this is ME and MY opinion, i would never put pure tomatoe paste on anything cause its way to acidity to my taste and you dont really taste your food either...being italian i wouldnt even do that but like i said that is me...anyhow i dont have the book with me but im sure its not bad...go here and have a look"

http://www.gifoundation.com/GI%20Food%20List.htm

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/gi_diet.htm

hope this helps
  #2487   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-07, 13:22

BF:

Thanks Lanny..OH MY GOSH..I would not have thought about it being that high in carbs per cup..not sure if I could eat a cup of it though..LOL..I do add maybe 2 t-1T on food though, and your right all's I can taste pretty much in the tomato paste. I never like it unless I'm living lc..maybe it is the natural sweeteness of it..hmmm, if I start to crave things I know why.

Thanks again.
  #2488   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-07, 20:12
Lovin' The GI Diet!

BF:

Hi Amy! I have the book but could not find tomato paste in the lists. I'm sure it's ok as long as there is no added sugar in the ingredients.
Where in Ohio? I live in Northfield Village, Ohio.

Chari
  #2489   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-07, 04:38

BF:
Progress:

goodmorning all..hope everyone is doing good....

hey chari i typed a question on the net and you came up..lol..check it out:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64678

i looked also last night in the book and on the net...not much about tomatoe pasted...i found another GI list:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art4474.asp

hope this help
  #2490   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-07, 06:59

BF:

Thanks alot you all..

Chari..I am from the Marion/Mansfield area, probably an hour 1/2 away from you give or take. I am wanting to possibly go to Cleveland for our Anniversary in June..I would love to take a walk downtown ..looks so beautiful there. I've only been there 2 times in my life and they were for the Indians/Yankees games (Sorry...GO YANKEES...LOL) but never had a chance to site see very much. Hmmm, maybe we will go there.

Anyways..I need to get the book and read it, I have pondered it so much but now my brain went from fat free to high fat and now I am gonna have a big problem w/ making my meats lean and not frying them..I love fried anything! Like I said I haven't read the book, so I may be way off base on things, but I just KNOW I have to do something w/ my whole family..my DH and I are both losing weight on Atkins, but the kids aren't losing a thing (the 2 older one's desperately NEEEED to lose some..says the Dr. too), but I'm afraid in my ATKINS head that if I start eating differently that the cravings will come back..hmm maybe this is where I NEED TO READ THE BOOK..LOL.

I also wanted to add that my overly developed just turned 10 yr old just started her cycle last night..that sucks!!! She is 10 yrs and 3 months old!!!
My husband is in pure shock..his baby is a young ladie at 10!

Ok, enough said..I'm gonna see if the library has it after work today, I'll just go up before I get my 2 yr old (My dad will have him, so not sticking the babysitter LOL).

Did you all notice a quick change in weight or inches when you first started? I just got my energy burst yesterday and don't want to lose that either.

Thanks alot!
Closed Thread