Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#211   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-16, 06:01

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HA HA Blue, I kept scratching my head thinking, is Blue meaning 'lucky girl' or is there a real saying, 'Lucy girl you are!' Kept thinking what reference is this? HA HA....funny.

Yea I am Sagittarius but water is my life literally. I know what you mean about water, it holds so many memories, luckily Dad loved his lake houses and we always had so much fun, water skiing, fishing, boating and all. Wonderful way to grow up for sure!! Bet you had a blast in those cabins on the lake

Jaz, hope you are feeling better.

It is good your work is understanding about med problems, well, heck they should be You are all med professionals and know when health comes before a day at work!!

HI ALL
taking mom home today early.
kiddo 'supposedly' sick and moaning....gonna sign her out early from school after I drop mom. Of course when I said that she seemed to be better pretty quick LOL......eh, it is cool, I just need her to lock in the day as present.....I need her to keep 'real absences' for when she is truly sick and with school, the diseases will start to go around soon enough heading into winter LOL

On plan like glue. Doing perfect. Down another bit on the scale. I ate more like my old self yesterday, turned out it was 1/2 big old ribeye, tuna and mayo, bacon/cheese omelet and done.

I need a ton more sardines. I ate my last the other day, stop and get about 12 cans. Great snack.

today is that other part of big ribeye and hmm, not sure. Might defrost pork chops or not....will decide later.

EVERYONE have a fine day....off to get moving.
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-16, 07:21

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Boot camp done and I'm all showered and hair & make-up done. I'm venturing out today. Going to see if it's possible to order 1 earring to replace the 1 I lost while on vacation. Had my retirement gift diamond earrings 3 weeks and then lost 1. Maddening. I doubt that they'll let me order just 1, so may have to trade the remaining one in toward a new pair...if they'll do that. Need to scope out my options. I'm not sure what other stores I'll venture into. I have nothing to do and all day to do it!

I think I'll take myself out for lunch today too. Just have to try to stay LC. I had a great day yesterday and the scale rewarded me with a loss of the vacation gain. Now to start chipping away at this dang hard lard.

Hope everyone is having a great day........see you soon!
  #213   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-16, 08:39
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hello all. I've been struggling a little, but really just taking some time to figure out what I need to do to tweak my plan a little to fit my body and what in needs right now. Feeling like I'm pretty close, so I'm going to go with it and see what my body has to say about it!

Just as I was getting my bearings and recovering a bit from post-election depression, my SO broke up with me out of the blue last night. As far as I knew it came way out of left field. Things had been going along really well as far as I could tell. We get along great, never fight, have a lot in common. He does live about 45 minutes away and has more than 50% custody of his two kids, 15 and 16, one of who is having some struggles and is in counseling. He is very family focused, and has told me from the start that until they graduate his number one job is his kids. He also travels for his job 3-4 days every other week, so finding time together was not easy. Throw in the ex-wife who was wanting him to have the kids more, and it made things difficult. I was definitely wanting more than he could give, but was being patient because he is a very good man. He is in a really different place than me, and he said he knew I wanted more. Also that he feels like 6 months in he should be feeling more than he is for me. He cares about me a lot, thinks I'm a wonderful woman, etc., but thought he should be feeling more at this point. I really wish he had told me this sooner. But he also admitted that he was holding himself back emotionally since he couldn't give all of himself with so much of his focus on his kids. Whatever the real/whole story is, it sucks, and I am just processing this and coming to grips with it. It is just surreal at this point since it was so sudden.

The good thing is, now I know, and I can move forward and not get any more attached to him. I can also look forward to finding someone who is much more emotionally available and able to see me more often. It's hard to build a relationship when you only see each other once a week at most. Thanks for listening ladies. It's hard, even though it's not as hard as it could have been. I've only had one short cry, for about a minute or less. My last breakup was after a short relationship of only a month, and I felt really heartbroken over that one. So maybe I wasn't as attached as I thought.

Life goes on. I'm looking forward to my smoothie in a few minutes, some yoga, and then my workout. I'll do personals next time, and I hop you all have a good one.
  #214   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-16, 15:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Oh Alene! I am so sorry to hear about the sudden breakup with SO. Better now than before you guys get even more deeply involved, but still hard and upsetting. Give yourself time and space to be sad if you need it. We're here for you!

Trig- Dropping on the scale and doing what you know and love. Good for you! Sorry to hear kiddo is feeling punky but hopefully it is not a big deal. Hope your time with your Mom was good.

Blue, you and the others really do make me laugh with thinking I am so busy. I think I am lazier than most! Many, many mornings find me in my pajamas until ten AM. Then I have a burst of energy for doing things outside the home. But still, I have plenty of time for the computer, reading, catching up on the DVR and such, to the point that I feel guilty about it!

Jaz- Lots of DR visits coming up for you and I know you hate them. Hopefully they will lead to answers and solutions though, which will make it worth it. Sooo you also have a date tomorrow for lunch? Do tell! Inquiring minds want to know!
Thanks for asking about the downtown. About 1/3 of it is up and running- the upper third, plus maybe a bit more. Progress is being made but there was such complete devastation that it takes time, plus there are probably insurance issues as well to be dealt with.
Glad your work is being understanding about your appointments!

••••••••••••••••••••••

Hope you guys have had a good Tuesday. Mine has been. Lazed around a bit this morning, trying to catch up on the DVR, I have SO MANY shows I am 2-3 weeks behind on. I am caught up on nothing.

Then I went and did a visit with my CASA "baby." I am having concerns about her development and watching her closely. She is 16 months now, almost, and she just seems to be lagging in the expressive and receptive language departments. But then again, I am debating if my expectations are too high. She is in a daycare class for kids about 11/12 months to around 16 months, and none of them are saying very much at all. Also, she doesn't seem to engage much in any kind of game or play like I would expect, doesn't seem to answer much to hearing her name, I've not seen her point or indicate as of yet. But again, it seems that about 3/6 of her classmates are pointing and doing stuff, and some are not. Actually, I have seen most all of them either point or engage in some kind of reciprocal play with me (like, I have a plastic animal and I make it munch on their tummy and say OH NO! and pull it away. After a couple of times they will laugh and look expectantly for it to continue.. that kind of thing) and I don't see that much with her either. She does sit at the little table to lunch and will hold a spoon, and she does seem to recognize and understand the basic idea behind a shape sorter. So, I dunno. I just need to keep watching. My SpEd training is starting to kick off the radar though.

And don't even get me started on how underpaid child care workers are/can be and how relatively lacking the care/interaction can be as well. And the really good day cares are the expensive ones, so the kids going to them are also the kids who are likely being most stimulated at home... it's a bad cycle.

Sorry, tangent. It's on my mind.

I had THE MOST DELICIOUS lunch today. Two medium/small artichokes, steamed, with butter, about 1/4 can tuna with mayo and sf relish, and one chocorite bar. Very satisfying!

Um, let's see.. weight 139.2 or something like that today, so that was good. On the down side, I've got a cold sore coming on my upper lip. Either fighting something viral or stress. Often the cold sore will be the only indication of anything brewing and it will just pass.

Just took the dogs for a nice walk. They are so good. I love those little ones!

The top down/bottom up blinds for the three upstairs bedrooms will be installed tomorrow (master already has them) and the disposal will be fixed tonight- YAY for not having to hand wash and dry the dishes anymore!
  #215   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-16, 17:06

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---A lunch date huh? Do tell! You just keep going girl, one of these days you're going to turn up a good guy just right for you. It really is just a numbers game. You throw the penny down often enough, and it eventually comes up heads.

Ha! Of course Tom stopped the minute you got serious about getting rid of it for good. Glad to hear it, and hope it leaves you alone for awhile, till you can get things taken care of medically.

Trigger---I have GOT to try those sardines! Is there more than one kind? I think I've heard there's crispy ones, that would appeal to me. Don't like oily fish, except anchovies on a caesar salad.

Excellent job on "down a bit more" on the scale. A bit after bit after bit adds up.

Alene---Wow, tough week or so for you. I can sure identify with the after election depression, adding a break up to that just really stinks. But it sounds like this guy is not in a position to be in a committed relationship, between his kids and traveling for his job. Always good to know that sooner than later.

Went thru my share of break ups before I found the right one---and often I knew I was w/someone that wasn't going to work out in the end, but just hated the idea of getting back out there and going thru what one must to find the right one. But then you find the right one, and you realize how things are sometimes meant to be. Sometimes I look back and wish I'd wised up sooner, but then I wouldn't be with the love of my life. Timing is everything, and in the end it can work out amazingly well, when you least expect it.

NOW is the time you really want to be feeling good about how you look, losing whatever you think you need to lose to feel that way. So hang in there with us, and get yourself feeling pretty and ready to meet the next guy…who could just be there right guy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a good day. Had lunch with a new/old friend. She was a dear friend of my mom's, and I always liked her, so I phoned her up and made a lunch date.

She is so smart and fun, the definition of a pip. We had a great time. Went to a Vietnamese restaurant and I discovered that I could have one of my old pre LC long time faves, a Bon Mi sandwich, just w/out the bread. It was DELISH. Pork, cucumbers, liver pate, jalapeρos and some shredded carrots---not much of the carrots, so no big deal.

Got lots of work/work done I've been putting off and couldn't any longer, took a nice walk w/hubby and the dogger. Hey, I've been walking at least every other day! LOL, I realize this is nothing to most who walk regularly or do a lot more to stay fit, but for this exercise averse gal it's a good trend.

Off to an on plan dinner. Hope you're all having a lovely on plan evening.
  #216   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-16, 17:18

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ladies!!!!!! My GAL PALS!!!

Trig- I saw those SKINNY steaks you have been talking about in the store today- I would need 3 ROFL- glad they are working for you and you are DROPPING!!!!!! YEA GAL!

Alene- Sweetie I feel ya. As the single and wild one of the group- HAHAHAHAH (before you, being now single)- trust me these ladies have heard it ALL from me!
Pick up, dust off, put on lipstick and move on. From your post it sounded like you were last on the list. NEXT....
I know it hurts though- and the thought of starting over. You will be fine- come here and don't eat through it!!!!

Blue- I was scrolling last night though you tube on a music binge. I cam e across Bette Milder Wind beneath my wings - and thought of you. Said little prayer your way- and blew some air your way. (note- you may have to run the air through a purifier as we have smoke and smog)- HYST- hope you are doing well my friend.

Leeann- Lazy does not in anyway describe you. You could run any fortune 500 in your PJ's- dogs barking- phone ringing and BBQ ribs in your IP! Who are you kidding.
That is sad about your town only part way up- especially for the holidays. Fingers crossed for next year they can deck it out.

Lori- hope you were able to get your earring replaced. I know you were bummed. When is your cruise?

All-
I have had a kick in the pants, by a dear and caring friend to get my act together.
Can I say OMG - RIGHT ON TIME!
I need to get back to that mind set I had the first time around. And stop- just frekin stop the small cheats. Cause they are not working for me. I Can't do what you Blue- and Leeann do. Bless you that you can. I mean that! But my body says NO GO.

So I am bringing it DOWN. Truly this time around AGAIN is SOOOOOOO much harder. I wish it on nobody. It sux.
This is the very last time I will go through this- cause I just can't do it again.

Date- Ok- well met off web site. Lives close, been single awhile- married a long time. No kids at home or under 20- has job, teeth, and a car. Good to roll........ hahahahahah just a lunch meet and greet. I'm having hamburger on plate. Done- steak house.

Working rolling along- entrenched. Keep ya posted on Doctor appt. Big one on Thurs. -

Feel new spring- on WOE
  #217   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-16, 17:18

BF:
Progress:

Dang it, missed you, Nic, don't know how, as I was quite touched and interested in your CASA work, and thought of several things I wanted to say as I read it, and then---choo choo, lost my train of thought. Happens too often these days!

Yes, I can see why you are worried about your CASA baby. Sure, some kids are just later to develop than others, but just fine in the end. But I think when you notice, don't know how else to put this, a lack of affect and engagement it is a worrisome thing. I'm so glad that little girl has you in her life!

And, I agree about how low paid child care workers are. We were SO lucky, as we live in a nest of colleges in my neighborhood and several have affordable day care centers staffed w/both employees AND students doing internships in early child development, upping the ratio of adult to child care. We ended up with a fabulous daycare, and it was very doable cost wise.

Of course, that was a long time ago. Still, it's a good resource to look into for those seeking good daycare that's more affordable than others, as colleges are non profits.
  #218   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-16, 17:33

BF:
Progress:

Jaz---We cross posted.

Good for you, back on the woe with a Jaz vengeance. Look out world. Know I've said it before, but will say it again. I do believe your health issues right now are really fooling w/the scale. But yeah, that's not the only issue, and no, cheats don't help.

I was SO very committed on my way down from almost 60 pounds overweight. It was getting to as close as I believe I was going to get to goal, and then trying to maintain it that has been the hardest for me, although I always allowed myself a treat now and then thru out the process.

Seems to me one has to be very unique to NEVER have a treat, but there are those who do it. Trigger comes to mind. She's learned that the hard way, and as I understand it for her, it's just easier to not allow it.

And yes, you have said often that you identify with that. So again yes, blowing wind under your wings to keep to it. Perhaps some day when you're off this plateau and many pounds down you can re-consider. But right now it seems you have to do yourself the favor of NO treats. If you do this, your cravings and appetite WILL diminish, you just have to give it time to do its magic.
  #219   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-16, 03:44

BF:

Good Morning!

Alene...sorry about your break up. Never easy. Come here and vent to us...we're here to listen!

Jaz...I can hear the resolve in your voice. You go girl! I, too, need to be much more strict with myself. I remember a few years ago when I had that resolve. That year all I had for Thanksgiving dinner was turkey and a few green beans. I need to find that strength again. Hope your lunch date goes well. I laughed when I read that he has his teeth.

I had a nice day out running around yesterday. I went to the jewelry store to inquire about my options for replacing my lost earring. They had the exact pair in their case and......they GAVE me one! I could not believe it! The first guy I talked to said they would sell me just one, and then he went to get the manager and after I told her the story, she took them out of the case and said let me see what we can do. She fiddled around on the computer for a minute and then put it in a small bag and said "You're all set". I said "Are you serious?" I know they have a huge mark up on their items, but still! Anyway, I'm hoping to hang onto this one for more than 3 weeks!

I stopped at a few more stores and then home. I did go out for a bite of lunch...did not stay LC, I'm afraid. I had a beer and an appetizer of zucchini planks.....breaded OY! They are delish with the horseradish sauce that they give you with them.

Today DH and I are going to visit an Alpaca farm! We saw an ad in the paper for this place that is not to far from here and decided it sounds like a fun thing to do. They have a small gift shop and I'm sure I'll find something that I just have to have. After that, he wants to go out for lunch. I do have to make some phone calls this morning to straighten out a snafu with his change in health insurance. The Dr sent prescription requests to his old insurance instead of the new plan. It's always something. I'll get it figured out.

Have a great day my friends!
  #220   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-16, 04:50

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Alene, yea that all stinks. Thing with dating is ya gotta go thru alot of guys to find that right fit for you! I never really liked dating in that when you didn't really sync with the guy it was a waste of time, or boring or whatever But then ya go out with that one good fit and boom, it works out. You will be ok

Nicco, I had to look up top down/bottom up shades LOL
Very cool. I have all vertical blinds in my home. Just drawn to them for some reason What I never liked was the boring ugly cornice they provide, but this time I went to a blind specialty shop when I replaced the verticals and got these double cornice setups and they look so much nicer. Of course I sure paid for that pretty also LOL

JAZ, you go girl! We all can make this happen We just have to commit to our very core and hold true and get results come hell or highwater!! You got this!!!

Blue, if I eat carbs I want more and more and more. A 'treat' of junkier type old fav foods I loved is not a treat, it becomes a friggin' nightmare for me. I need like 0 glucose in my body to function at its best. I think for everyone, when you do this lc thing long enough, you know what works and what doesn't. At some point if the info is in your face, ya gotta act on it or give up I decided that if I need to be at 0 carb to function then that is where I gotta be.

I think if I allow a 'junky treat' back at any time, it has to be like on vacation, a small ice cream cone while out sightseeing. When I can eat it, enjoy it but be on the move, food is not the primary focus and I can eat it, get that sugar rush, and not just sit around wanting more and more sugar. If I was to eat that small ice cream cone at home, while doing nothing much, right after I eat it I want more junk and more junk til I get sick
Yea I have that addictive behavior on food, no doubt about that!
BUT right now it is ALL about eating 0 sugar in my life and it works wonderful so far.

Lori, WOW, WOW, a replacement for free. Such a great shop!!
I have lost about 3-4 diamonds out of my wedding ring when working at the barns. After replacing the last one, I took off the ring and in a drawer. I got sick of buying new diamonds LOL

Give us a trip report on the Alpaca farm!

HI ALL
nothing much happening.
slow day.
Mom home and house is quieter. Gonna do some put away everything cleaning....seems I look around and everything (just stuff) seems to be everywhere LOL Time to grab it all and stuff in a closet or drawer or throw it out or put it back where it belongs. It is like this stuff has legs and moves around

might grocery shop today, might not. Not sure if I want to drive or stay home and veg out. Not great sales, it is all about pies, stuffing and baking junk for T-day coming. Things I am not buying.

But will have to go before sale ends cause crab legs are on sale and yes I need some packages in my freezer for sure!! I think for Xmas the 3 of us will pig out on crab legs as our holiday dinner at home. YUM just thinking about it LOL

everyone have a find day and stay on plan at all costs!!
  #221   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-16, 04:56

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Morning Ladies

I'm up early this morning. I have a few things to do on the computer for work before I go to the doctor.

I was taught how to do the admission and discharge list. This list drive the office for the days work. It is rather in depth as the process for the final list involves 5-6 different spread sheets. Before the final one is complete.

Well- there is only 2 of us in the office that can do it. AND the other gal is off today. SOoooooo......
I ask the other 2 nurses if they could cover it this morning. the one nurse flat out said I don't know how. The other dingbat said- OH YEAH..."I will do it...I don't care if it's right or not- but who cares?"-
Well I said back- sorry you aren't touching it- because I will be the one to clean up the mess. I was fuming at her attitude. It's a really good thing I am not her boss- she would have hit the door on the way out at warp speed.
She knew I was ticked. They have tried to teach her- for months- and she just doesn't get it. I have been there 6 weeks- and it's now my baby. And the boss is thrilled I got it. But she is somewhat clueless. I guess the honeymoon is over.

I still am VERY grateful for the job- and pay. I will be here for awhile. I have a ton to pay off. I need to keep my trap shut- which is the hardest part of this job. It is so easy.

Lori- What a stunning and awesome story regarding your earring. That is so cool. So even that is part of the story of your treasure!!!!

Blue- I think my hormones ARE in play. No doubt in my mind. But I allowed those feeling of hitting that brick wall of bouncing and stalling. I tossed a few F ...it dinners in there that did not help.
When I lost the first time- I didn't sway. But then again everyday was a loss.

How are you doing? You still walking at night?

Trig- Hey GF- I going to lecture you! Time to see that doctor regarding that shoulder if it gets worse. So I am wondering if maybe some physical therapy would be of benefit.
Ok all done!!!

Leeann- I wanted to say too regarding your CASA work. It would be very difficult to not get emotional regarding kids. After all you are a mom. It is inconceivable to think how some of these kids get treated. It would be hard to be civil to the parents. You got more control than I would have. But again those kids are blessed to have you.

Bland coffee- no cream. Getting blood work this morning.
Slept like crap- starting dreaming of the OR. I really did. I want an alternative. One step at a time right?

OMG- I just have to share!!!! I was at Trader Joe yesterday. Let me set the stage- I have a real DISTASTE for turkey. YUCK.
So as I was tooling around the store on my lunch hour- I stopped by the Tasting corner. They had a baked turkey in a ton a juices. It was AMAZING. I'm serious very good! It is precooked and ZERO carbs. Yes- not a lot of junk in it- basically cooked turkey breast in broth. All I did last night was warm it in the oven for 30 minute.
Made green beans for a side. REALLY good. I also like it because it had 3-4 serving- without all the mess. It was really juicy. Zero carbs- Highly recommend. I love finding new things I can eat- and no dairy!!!!

Ok all into my day- a new day- my new way!
  #222   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-16, 08:18

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- I LOVE THIS!!! You wrote: "You throw the penny down often enough, and it eventually comes up heads." I think this is going to become a new phrase to say to my kids *and myself* often. Great life philosophy!
I love that you contacted a friend of your Mom's and had lunch with her. That is very sweet. And good on you for walking every other day!

Day care- yes, the vary wildly in quality and good ones are SO GOOD. My kids all went to preschool and the last one, man, I was so worn out that he was essentially going to daycare- I think he went like 9-3 most days? lol I was OVER IT by the time he was three! lol I just.. I haven't seen these teachers EVER read a book to the kids, or sit on the floor engaging them in play, or talking to them much at all. You know? Like, their care and basic needs are absolutely met, but it takes so much more than that to develop a child. The best thing a teacher can do is talk, talk and talk some more, and then sing some too! ENGAGE. BTW, I did my consult work at UNC-G and it was exactly what you are describing, and the same thing at VU. Exceptional quality care.

Jaz- So the lunch date it today, right? I want to hear about it! And today is also the more minor of the Dr appointments if I remember correctly. You will be hungry for lunch after fasting!

Lori- WOW aren't you a Lucky Ducky! That was super nice of that jewelry store. Maybe you write them a nice review on Yelp or something to thank them for their kindness. The alpaca farm sounds like fun. My Mom went to one a while ago and EVERYONE got alpaca for Christmas that year.

Trig- that you looked up top down/bottom up. I like them for bedrooms (blackout honeycomb style) because you can let in a TON of natural light yet still have some privacy. They are $$ though so the kids got them last.
Is your DD back to school and feeling better? Enjoy your day and getting crab legs.. can't go wrong with that!

Jaz (again)- I'll have to look for that turkey breast. I assume it has solution injected into it to keep it yummy and moist. That stuff is tasty though! I had to laugh at "I guess the honeymoon is over" re: the job. Kind of true of most things in life!

••••••••••••••••••

Good morning, everyone!

Happy humpday! Can you believe only one week until Thanksgiving and five weeks til Christmas? It has snuck up on me this year.

Bella is doing all kinds of "reverse sneezing" last night and this morning. I even took her collar off to see if that would help her, but it didn't seem to make a difference. I wonder if the cold air is causing the issue or something.

Meeting a friend for lunch today- I haven't seen her in about a year. She was my next door neighbor in our old neighborhood and our boys were best buddies and our daughters good friends as well. Looking forward to catching up with her. Things were a little rough for her last year when we met, so I'm hoping it's better.

138.6 today.
  #223   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-16, 09:07
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Ladies, thanks so much for your support. It sucks, but there is always a silver lining. Gleaning what I can from it, processing it. I will be back to share my insights. Sorry for the drive-by but in a rush this morning. Love this group and you all are wonderful.
  #224   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-16, 14:16

BF:

Hi again everyone!

I am sitting here with toasty, warm feet in my new alpaca socks! OMG...wish I would have bought several pair. DH bought 3 pair of heavy socks for hunting, 1 for him and also a pair for our son & Grandson. I could have spent a lot of money in the little shop. Beautiful sweaters, scarves & a gorgeous furry hat. Still thinking about the hat......The shop is only about 20 minutes from here, I'm sure I'll be going back. We also had a little tour of the farm and got to meet some of the 50 Alpaca that they currently have. So cute, but I was afraid they would spit on me. The lady told us that they usually only spit when you "get in their space". Like real close to their face or if they're defending their young etc. I did feed some of them from my hand. We really enjoyed talking to the owner. I think they're getting ready to retire and will be selling their herd. I told DH not to get any ideas!

We went out for a yummy lunch on the way home. DH & I shared some pulled pork and a crabcake. Oh.....and some fresh cut french fries. Oops

Hubby just wants soup and sandwich for dinner, so easy peasy. I'm sure I'll be in bed early tonight as my furry alarm clock got me up at 3:45 this morning.

Hope you've all had a good day!
  #225   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-16, 18:37

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Jaz---Tomorrow is your appt. right? Fingers crossed for you. Think it will be MUCH better for you once this process gets rolling, rather than worrying about it, w/no action in sight.

Trig---Did you see my question about the sardines? Don't want to nag, but really interested in what kind of sardines you buy, and are they crispy?

Nic--- Glad you liked my "throw a penny" philosophy. It's gotten me thru a lot, and so far, never failed me. Great thing about it is it's simple, only one requirement: you gotta keep throwing the penny, no matter how disappointed you are w/the results.

My dog gets that "reverse sneezing thing" too now and then. It sounds horrible, but they seem to get over it. Hubby, who is truly a dog whisperer, and gets everything about them, says "you worry too much." Which I do. We are both dog lovers, he is a dog expert.

Alene---Take care of yourself girl, and hang in there w/us. We may all have different woes, but we ALL want success for each other, including you. We'll have your back here for that, and some other things too.

Lori---How great that they replaced the earring w/out cost!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walked again today. Too beautiful to refuse. Most gorgeous November here in a long time, so deep into the month, BUT big dip in temp due Friday, and maybe some snow too. Must find a way to keep walking. Makes me feel better. D'uh.

In a very not hungry place, mentally or physically, which I always embrace, as I know it won't last forever.

Had two of hubby's left over chicken wings for lunch---they are big and juicy.

Not sure about dinner, just don't care right now. And that's a good thing. It will be on plan.
Closed Thread