Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#181   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-05, 22:45

Plan: I went to a lowcarb clini
Stats: 280/280/155 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Default Fourth baby

The clinic I was going to would have you eat eggs meat and cheese for five days,I would lose about seven pounds.And when ever we would get off track we would just go back to the eggs meat and cheese.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 08:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5 feet 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 53%

Jimsbride....you answered a question I've had for a loong time. Didn't know what DANDR stood for and felt silly for asking. Now I know. Thanks. I figured it out from an earlier post in this thread when you talked about the info for the egg/meat fast was in Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution Book. Then, it clicked. I have it here so will read it. Didn't know about the 5 meal/day and 200 cal/meal thing so will check that out. I certainly haven't been following that. I've lost 5 lbs. since Mon. Will be eating carbs with company today and will go back to egg/meat tmr. for a week. There are a few people who have done the egg/meat during the week and then back to their plan (Atkins, China Beach, etc.) on the weekends so may try that.
  #183   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 11:39

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%

Hi Cajuda,
It took me quite a while to figure out DANDR too. I thought I was the only one that didn't know it. Sorry. (smile). I was shocked too when I realized that the fat fast was disciplined on carbs. I didn't know that. I thought you could eat anything you wanted. So, I have yet to do a calorie restricted fat fast. I don't see that being very easy but they do say that you lose your hunger almost immediately. If that is true, then I could certainly do it. Right now I am simply cutting carbs everywhere I can. I have hit a new low but stayed around there for 3 days now. According to the book, we should have a steady losing pattern but only by weighing once a week. Taking that into consideration, I would apply there. It's the everyday on the scale, that makes me feel like I am not losing.

Lacey, I HATE to hear you have hit such a spot. You really should be still losing. I thought of you last night while I was reading more in the book. I can't leave it negative. I truly believe in this WOL and believe that the scale is going to drop for you. Just keep doing what you are doing. Dr. Atkins doesn't call a STall, a STall until you have not lost weight for OVER FOUR WEEKS!!! That sounds incredible to me, but he said then you can say you have plateaued. But keep doing what you are doing and up excercise to boost metabolism and it should break eventually, then it will keep going down again. This is his words not mine. I know your frustrated but truly there has to be a break for you if this thing doesn't frustrate you into quitting. Please keep going and be patient.
  #184   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 15:22
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

Well I leveled off today and actually went up 1 pound. I'm fine with that since I am still down 10.5 pounds in the 4 days I've been doing this and have been having a serving of LC chocolate each night. I imagine that I am now past the bloat and water retention of my cheating and any loses from now will be real weight. I won't let myself get down about this if the scale doesn't do much for a while as I really messed up and my system needs to readjust. I am hoping I'll keep losing regularly, but before my cheating I was fluctuating up and down and won't be surprised if it happens again.
  #185   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 17:33

Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Lacey I didn't see a loss until day 4 so if you can i would say keep going,
the meat and egg fast is different than the fat fast in the DANDR book, the fat fast adds fat and counts calories and the meat and egg doesn't and eating the meat and egg you don't eat cheese! little difference but almost the same,
I personaly have done the fat fast for weeks and starved the whole time to show no loss after a week when doing the meat and egg I am never hungry anymore and have lost weight. if you want more info on teh meat and egg make sure you read the info posted by gqueen that she founf there is also more info if I can find it I will post here!!
everyone is doing great!!
  #186   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 18:34

Stats: 179.5/170.4/155 Female 5'3
BF:don't know
Progress: 37%

I quit as of today, I got sick when I started Friday,I feel awful. So, I'm not going to continue to starve myself, and feel even more like crud. I'd rather have my veggies. My head feels like it will bust,coughing,sinus drainage.This is the third time been sick since Dec. I can't seem to get well.
  #187   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 18:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 39.3/32/22 Female 157
BF:39/35/25
Progress: 42%

are protien shakles okay on the meat fast& likw whey protien in water and eggs whites?
  #188   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 22:10

Plan: A lifestyle change
Stats: 270/248/186 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hey Guys,
Back on the meat and Egg fast as of tomorrow. I do sooooo much better when I eat this way. I act like a true addict when I bring back carbs, it doesn't seem to matter what kind; veggies, junk, any carbs and I go nuts. I have one taste and I binge. When I do the fast I'm not hungry and I do not feel out of control at all when I eat, so maybe I will have to stick to it for longger than a couple of days and really slowly work my way up to carb eating. I tried to go right back to twenty a day and within days I was shoving any carb filled item I could find down my throat what's the longest anyone has been on this?

Last edited by KaiNiki : Sun, Mar-06-05 at 22:42.
  #189   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 22:31
Registered Member

This is a post from my journal. I figured I needed to confess here as well to keep myself accountable...

OK...I AM WEAK!! I haven't had grapes in sooooo long and they never look good here on base (usually brown and crushed). But, today they called to me. I'm talking literally said "Psst, hey Lynn...look at us...we've been waiting for you" and I gave in and had grapes for lunch. At least it wasn't ice cream or chocolate or burritos or any of the other stuff I would love to munch. It happened, I'm going immediately back on program with the meat/egg fast and I'm not going to punish myself for this.

I'll see what the scale says in the morning, but I'm not really worried about it since I am comfortably wearing my 'skinny' jeans as I write this (they are 3 sizes smaller than when I started LCing last summer).
  #190   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 22:35
Registered Member

LaceyO...I don't think you should be "starving" at all on this. Since calories aren't counted, if you're hungry you are supposed to eat.
  #191   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 08:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnp
LaceyO...I don't think you should be "starving" at all on this. Since calories aren't counted, if you're hungry you are supposed to eat.

hope you feel better Lacey

I to am back on meat and egg starting today I don't do good on the weekends at al, I ate cabbage this weekend and som mozarella cheese, so I am back on board for the week and hopefuly I will make it ok through the weekend,
Good Luck to all!!
Beth
  #192   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 11:27

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

Well back on the fast my self had a lttle holiday and had to put it on hold. The first time I tried it about 3 weeks ago I lost 5 pounds in a few days. I have kept those pounds off even thow I strayed a little bit on my trip to Victoria B.C.. I have now started again yesterday and will try this for 7 days I think that is what you are to do right ? I need to go weigh in today so I hope to see some changes.

Keep it up !!!!
  #193   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 15:38
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

I thought it was 5 days?
  #194   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 18:07

BF:

you should stay on at least three days to see any results I stay on for 5 and only add a few carbs back in over the weekend and then go right back to 5 durring the week. think it really depends how long you can go with out veggies and more than 5 carbs!!
  #195   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 22:11

Plan: Atkins & Weight Watchers
Stats: 321/226/180 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 67%

I am going to restart the egg/meat fast tomorrow also..after a 3 day holiday..ugh..I always feel awful afterwards..but yet I still do it..will we ever learn????
Closed Thread