Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1726   ^
Old Sun, Nov-05-06, 20:17

Plan: basic low carb, no plan
Stats: 278/274/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default okay

Thanks! Glad to be part of this thread! I'm glad we have a place where we can come and be set apart from the world and set apart to the service of the Lord! Blessings to all of you! If you have a journal, please let me know which one it is and I'll be pleased to check it out! Please also check out my journal too! Dunroven's journey.

I am enjoying this whole set of forums. I did belong to another LC website at one time, but they got more to the place of talking about their woes and a 5-pound loss in many, many months for someone was a reason to celebrate and their mantra was "stay off the scales" and "watch your clothes." I need the scales with my weight! LOL My clothes never did get to fitting very well, only worse, so I'm really glad I have found this site with all the challenges and the fun that goes on. Seems like a wonderful place! We can do this together!

My favorite verse and I should put this in my signature I guess is

They that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength, they shall mount up on wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

I think this means in our race for weight loss as well. Each and every aspect of our life fits it, don't you think?

Sponsored Links
  #1727   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-06, 15:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 410/325/225 Male 5'6"
BF:60/54/52/37
Progress: 46%
Unhappy Need Prayer For Tonight Youth Rally For Christ

Tonight we are holding superbowl 2006. This is a all night youth event that starts with a hockey game at 7Pm and ends tomorrow morning at 7Am. There will be over 3000 Kids and another 1000 Adults in attendance. At Midnight there's an all you can eat Pizza and Soda suprise .... I am hoping they allow me to bring my Flavored Water and some Cheese Stik and Pepperoni snacks or else I'll never make it.... Please Be Keep this event in prayer as there will be 100's if not 1000s of unsaved youth. So I'm calling out the LO-CARB Warriors to pray for even 1 Soul to attain the saving knowledge of Christ... God Bless You All
  #1728   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-06, 07:39

BF:
Default How did it go?

John I didn't see this post until this morning, but how did it go?

You know a missionary and her husband went to Africa. They had been there 15 years and finally 1 person came forward in their service and accepted the Lord. She turned to her husband and said, "Well, has it been worth the 15 years?" He said, "Yes most definitely!"

Let's hope that several seeds were planted last night and several were watered and at least 1 will grow and bloom. I pray for that for your group. What a wonderful site to behold.

The look in a new Christian's eyes is the most precious thing I have ever seen, how about you?
  #1729   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-06, 22:52

Stats: 410/325/225 Male 5'6"
BF:60/54/52/37
Progress: 46%
Thumbs up Thank you so much for the Prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven
The look in a new Christian's eyes is the most precious thing I have ever seen, how about you?

Thank you so much for the Prayers. I have to tell you, I have never ever heard a noise as loud as 3000 kids praising the Lord. I was in Shock I would venture to say that 3 to 5 hundred Kids Excepted Christ Last night I know that I had a group of twelve they sent to me and everyone excepted The Lord, and there was about 60 other Pastors and Elders with just as many kids... All the Glory goes to The Lord... What a rally though. Heres a Little Idea of the Crowd. Awesome. An I stuck with my Diet even though they had 2500 Pizza's at Midnight...
  #1730   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-06, 22:39

BF:
Default Fabulous!

That's is so tremendous! Just thing how the walls of heaven will be bursting with all the new people and just think, you and I gained all those sisters and brothers. What a huge family we will have! I am so looking forward to meeting all of those that we each one help with.

Will you personally get to work with any of these kids after this rally? You know the worst thing that happens (and I have seen a lot of it and was a victim of it myself) is a person becoming a new christian and then being left to their own devices to read and study and not knowing what to do next. In medical transcription we call it failure to thrive.

You know the new christian is like a brand new baby, the Bible says they should desire the sincere milk of the word. Takes a little feeding on pablum and milk, etc. before they are ready to chew on the deeper meats that God has to offer in that fabulous word of His.

I hope you get to be a spiritual father to many of these that were saved and can do much to help them along. What a reward it is to watch them grow, just like a little child, watching them learn to walk and to speak their first words. Same thing happens with a new spiritual baby. They cut their teeth on the easiest things in the Bible and then before you know it, they are up and running and growing strong and mature.

Bless you for taking such an active part in this! I will continue to pray for you!

#1731   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-06, 23:56

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 172/163/135 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 24%

hello everyone.....I am happy to see posters to this forum still. It is such an inspiration to hear about the teens salvation big John. my dear hubby and I chaparoned an event here in east tennessee called TCTC (Tennessee Christian teen conference) and there were so many young people praising God I just basked in the praise....closed my eyes and said "thank-you God"

I lost all of my weight but I still like to check in once in awhile to see how everyone is doing.

Dun...your story about the missionaries was inspiring also....what a sweet couple to devote their entire lives to serving the Lord in another country. I have trouble keeping up with the lost we have in this country!!! lol

You all are doing great! Keep up the good work.
Love in Christ,
Loriann
  #1732   ^
Old Wed, Nov-15-06, 20:48

Stats: 280/000/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 243%

Having a tough time right now. My husband Michael has a mass in his lung. The pet scan is borderline for tumor, or infection or inflammation. When they did the needle biopsy it did not contain adequate tissue to sort this out so Michael is facing an open lung biopsy with removal of the mass. We are leaving for Florida on Friday. We planned this trip back in August. He will have surgery when we return sometime after 11/26. This is so hard. Please keep him in prayer.
karen
  #1733   ^
Old Thu, Nov-16-06, 20:51

BF:
Default mskllsws

Hey, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. But we will keep him in our prayers. You keep your chin up and pray. We always tend to think the worst first, but it may not be the worst. So pray, expecting the best. That's what I will do. Go and enjoy your trip. You need to have a good time of release and peace, so do that and don't think about this anymore than you have to while you are gone. Let your good times have their place and just remember, you are being prayed for, and that the "prayers of a righteous man (or woman) availeth much."
  #1734   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-06, 15:20

Stats: 220/185.5/125 Female 59 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

Your husband, you, and your family are all in my prayers.
  #1735   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-06, 18:35

BF:
Default Thanksgiving Dinner

Well, our church had its annual Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday. We had somewhere between 75 and 100 people. That's the biggest crowd we have had since we have been there. We were expecting about 45 to 50, so that was really something special! Its so nice to gather with people of the Lord, you know? What a good feeling it gives you. There were 4 people came to my husband today to ask for church membership. First new members in the 3 years we have been there. God is blessing the church!

I hope all of the rest of you have as wonderful a Thanksgiving day as I did yesterday. We won't be having one on Thursday, since I have to work and hubby is going to get a little bit of rest (or work on some of the critter buildings we have here). Either way, we will be busy, but we considered yesterday our day anyway. Now we have the biggest food day of the year in the past, we gave our thanks greatly, and are ready to hit the weight loss trail!

May you all have wonderful weight losses or maintenance if you are at that point over the next year and may we all be thankful all year long for the goodness and the mercies of our Heavenly Father!

Valorie in Iowa
  #1736   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-06, 20:11

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Oh Karen...

Your hubby and the rest of the clan will be in my prayers too!!

Might I suggesty if he is not doing do, to start looking into pounding vitamin D3, calcium, magnesium, vitamin's A, C and E? Remember "ACED"...

You may also want to check out the thread, "The Great Vitamin D Experiment" and talk to Zulekaa about levels.

There have been a ton of studies on Vitamin D, specifically D3 (the natural form) and it's effectiveness in a lot of areas. One of note is that nearly every cancer patient is severely vitamin D deficient.

Calcium and magnesium work in symbiosis with Vitamin D and your body will more readily absorb D in the presence of calcium and magnesium.

Omega 3 oils, a blend of flax and fish oil, will also not hurt. Look also into a good Cod Liver Oil suppliment.

The dosage would be higher for most of these than many would think, again, look into Zulekaa's thread...

I figure, the worst than can happen by taking these suppliments is he will feel much better.

By no means, do noty stop following the doctors regimen and continue under their care, but there is a lot of emerging info that says these suppliments can help and may aid in reversing or healing what ails your husband.

I figure a few dollars worth of high quality suppliments are worth trying, as compared to doing nothing.

Next, eliminate ALL junk foods, processed and fortified foods from his diet. Period, flat out, cold turkey. Nothing but meats and eggs, fruits and veggies and as organic as possible. Home brewed green tea too! Consider raw unpasturised cheeses, fermented and raw foods (veggies) too. A whole foods based organic diet can only help!

Cook only in extra virgin cocnut oil, olive oil and the like. No cooking sprays or polyunsaturated oils either. Coconut oil is practically a wonder food and provides some things not found anywhere else...

The power of prayer is also a huge, huge factor. But, if it were me, and this comes from watching my Dad and best friend die a day apart from cancer, if it were me I'd be fighting for all it was worth!
  #1737   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-06, 00:01

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 172/163/135 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hello Karen....

It is so good to hear from you again. I missed you. Prof gumby made some good suggestions...also studies have shown that broccoli fights cancer...couldn't hurt. You all have such a rough time the past couple of years. I hope you have a nice time in Florida...the perfect time of year to go there.

We went earlier this year in january..and the weather was so nice.

Praying for you and dear hubby.
love in Christ,
Loriann
  #1738   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-06, 19:24

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipetydoda
Hello Karen....

It is so good to hear from you again. I missed you. Prof gumby made some good suggestions...also studies have shown that broccoli fights cancer...couldn't hurt. You all have such a rough time the past couple of years. I hope you have a nice time in Florida...the perfect time of year to go there.

We went earlier this year in january..and the weather was so nice.

Praying for you and dear hubby.
love in Christ,
Loriann

Broccoli, spinnach and basically any dark green veggie...

Nice to see you're back again Loriann! I was beginning to wonder about you....
  #1739   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-06, 01:25

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 282/264.5/175 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Yes! Finally found a Chrisian thread!
  #1740   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-06, 18:41

Stats: 280/000/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 243%

I can see everyone else has been busy too.

Just asking for prayers to lift up my husband Michael Shapiro. On Wednesday,
December 6 he will have lung surgery to remove the lump. If it is benign that is all they will do. If it is cancer they will remove a significant portion of his left upper lobe of the lung.

We are praying for a healing and surgery without complication. Please pray for Michael's healing and for an uncomplicated surgery with complete healing of his body.

Thank you for supporting us with prayer.
Karen