Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 06:27

Plan: no/low sugar
Stats: 265/216/? Female 5'3"
BF:too much
Progress:

Good Morning All! Another week started. Gonna be hot and the storm that went thru here on Saturday took out my AC and that of my neighbor. Went to Lowes yesterday and bought several fans, because who knows how long it will be until the "fix-it" man comes. Not going to be cooking, so as not to heat the house up. This is really going to affect my diet, and we won't even go into the swollen ankles I had all day yesterday.

Randi Sue-Yes I am from Lumberton. I already have several programs that do all that fancy stuff for photos, but don't understand how to use them. It is a foreign language to me. Don't have any reference books to learn from. What I need is something to guide me STEP by STEP...insert A into B. Well it is my birthday this week and I have asked James to get me that photo software I mentioned in an earlier post, because it does all the fancy stuff and has wizards to guide you thru it. If I can learn on that one, then I can graduate to something like Paint Shop or Photoshop (both of which I have). I don't have "blind faith" and because of that it took me a year to learn to copy & paste. I admire anyone that can teach themselves to run those complicated programs. -----What do you mean you feel like a failure? Did you eat something illegal?

Beach--how are you doing? Thought about you alot this past weekend.

Congratulations Kristy! You are doing a LOT better than me! I am just holding steady. This heat is causing some water retention even though my blood pressure meds have a diuretic included. I could be stricter, but I am weak..weak...weak....and I love the taste of food. My best friend is taking me out to lunch for my birthday, and I will probably fall off the wagon hard! LOL..will probably bounce with all the fat.

Y'all take care. Linda
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 19:56
Fit and Happy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Randi, are you cheating, woman? What is going on?
  #138   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 21:58

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Yes, I read one too many posts about carb uploading and I indulged, and indulged, and indulged.

Next thing I knew: I looked around and had fallen off the wagon.

I became depressed at my foolishness and the overwelming amounts of sugar. I'm better now and will get back to induction come next Monday morning. (We are headed to SC to see DD and I won't stick to induction, so I'm going to wait).

The old, perky, "good" Randi will be back next week!!!

Say a couple of prayers for me. I'm concerned I will gain back every pound I've tried so hard to lose before I get back on Induction.
  #139   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 22:31

Stats: 240/221.5/160 Female 5'7"
BF:44%
Progress: 23%
Talking

Hey!

Ya'll are funny! I have been LOL at all the posts.

I live near Raleigh. I am back on the Atkins wagon again. I lost about 60 pounds 2 years ago. Then I got pregnant with our third child and I gained ALOT of weight because I just ate everything and anything I could get my hands on. I came home from having the baby and kept right on eating and put on more weight. Self destructive behavior I don't know what got into me.

So, I am still on induction. I started back 8/20/03. I was in ketosis by the end of the first day. I am doing so well and have lost 8 pounds. I just want to stick with it this time.

You all are a big encouragement. It is just more fun when you can share this WOE/WOL journey with others! My DH just does not get low carbing. He can just stop drinking his Mountain Dews for a week and lose 20 pounds...no problem!

When I see foods that I really love I just think about the mess I am in now and it is just not worth it to cheat. I am having trouble with my legs, back and my feet hurting constantly and I am only 35 years old.

I would love to offer you all my support here!

Hugs,

Manya
  #140   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 06:02

Progress:
Default Good Morning All!

Welcome Manya! Glad to have you! That is amazing that you were in ketosis the first day. I went to x-ray school in Raleigh and lived there for 4 years. But that traffic last week when we went to the boat show, convinced me that I am better off in a small town.

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 3 month checkup. She was so excited about my lab results, she just went on & on for 10 minutes!!!!!! I have NORMAL readings for the first time. My HDL rose 12 points...yipeee!! Told her about sugar busters & low carb diets, took her some research. She said "Wow, I need to go on that WOE diet". I am just so happy about this diet.

This is the first time this week I have had time to post. As you know we didn't get our AC back til Monday afternoon (just in time for the heat wave) TG. Tuesday I had to take a friend to the hosp. for out-patient surgury. Tuesday afternoon my computer tech showed up to fix a couple of problems with my comp and didn't leave until 1:30 AM. Found 3 virus on my comp. and 2 on James comp. I now have XP and new virus software on both comps. Wednesday was my birthday--off the wagon. Friends took me for a Chinese lunch-pigged out at the buffet. Figured if I couldn't stay on my diet, I would just eat what I wanted (love chinese and hadn't had it in 6 months). That night James took me for seafood. He got me the software I wanted for photo reconstruction. Haven't had time to play with it much yet. Also comp. tech came back Wednesday night to do more stuff he didn't get to on Tuesday and upgraded my video card. He gave me a break on the price. Only charged me $125 for almost 12 hours of work to 2 comp. and the upgrade. Bless him!!! Yesterday was the doctor visit and today I have FREE. So I plan to play with my new software. I started back on my diet Thursday and plan to stay there! Don't have any plans for Labor Day weekend..just to veg out and relax.

I hope all of you have a happy holiday weekend. If you are traveling, please be safe.

Later, Linda
  #141   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 06:06

Progress:

Manya, just saw your profile. Gorgeous baby!
Linda
  #142   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 14:59
Fit and Happy

Manya, welcome! It is great to have you with us. I can relate to the baby weight. I gained quite a bit with my two boys, as well.

Just for an aside, I took my blood sugar today with my mom's glucose meter. My blood sugar was 130 or around that number before starting Atkins and now it is 102. Not surprising, since I'm not eating breads, pasta, etc., but it is still good to see I'm not borderline diabetic anymore!
  #143   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 20:30

Stats: 186/186/126 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hope you don't mind another NC gal jumping in here. My name is Dawn, I'm soon to be 34 (too soon for me!) I have 3 little ones (7, 3, & 1). The last two were c-sections and I am now 60 pounds heavier than I was when I first got pregnant.

I had nearly given up losing any weight when I ran across Atkins. I've been walking a mile+ per day, cut out sweets and cut back on portions and I have only lost 12 pounds since I had my youngest son. So as soon as my MIL leaves next week, I'm going to start on Atkins and I have high hopes that it will work for me. I'm tired of being miserable, hating the way I look and most importantly, feeling awful.

It's amazing what a small world we really live in! I live in Kernersville, but grew up in Winston-Salem (graduated from West Forsyth in '87). I also married a marine, who was stationed at Lejeune from 1989 - 1996.

At any rate, I'm glad to find some locals that I can hopefully turn to for support and advice. I'm very anxious to get started and think that this might just be what I need to get back to a healthy weight. Nice to meet you all!
  #144   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 04:45

Progress:

Welcome Dawn! Happy to have you. Too early--gotta get a cup of coffee. Linda
  #145   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 06:42

Plan: My Own Thing
Stats: 299/222.5/160 Female 5'10"
BF:EEK!
Progress: 55%

Hi Everyone,
I haven't spoken to you guys in quite a while. I hope things have been going well.

I started back to work this week, and I also failed my diet this week. I have done awful. I plan to start back on Monday. (we have a couple of things we are doing this weekend, and I don't want to concentrate on watching what I eat)

Welcome Dawn & Manya! (Dawn, we are practically neighbors!)

Take care & I will talk to you soon.

Love,
Beach
  #146   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 19:48
Fit and Happy

I was going to post to you, Beach, and find out how you have been.
  #147   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 07:11

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

HI Everyone:

The bad Randi is gone now and the good Randi has returned! We were in SC Fri-Sun seeing our DD and meeting her softball team. We had a blast. I ate OK. Tried to eat LC bkfst and lunch, then enjoy dinner. I didn't do extra snacking. Did eat large portions and desserts each night :-(

I'm back to Atkins today. My weight jumped back up to 241, but I'm going to work hard to get back down and keep going toward my goal. This time I'm going to try to stay away from the splenda and other sweeteners. I'm quite sure that is what blocked weight loss last time.

I bought Walk Away the Pounds and love it. I used it Tue-Thu last week and will try to commit to daily use starting today.

Mayna: welcome to the group. I see our stats are almost identical. I wish you well. I haven't had a baby in 22 years, so I don't suppose I can call my troubles baby fat!

Linda: So much going on!! Happy belated birthday. Congrats on your 3-mo check up - fantastic!! Glad you got your computers straightened out. Viruses are such a nasty problem. Have fun and enjoy your new SW prgm.

Kristy: Hi!! How are you doing? Your stats are looking GREAT! You've showed a steady weight loss since you began WOE. Keep up the good work. You are a real encouragement to all of us!

Beach: Stick with us, girl. I hope you can handle being back at work and sticking with your WOE. We're here for you. Don't leave us. What would we do without you awesome humor!?!
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 07:50

Plan: My Own Thing
Stats: 299/222.5/160 Female 5'10"
BF:EEK!
Progress: 55%

Hi Everyone,
I am with Randi!

I have a "get together" planned for this afternoon, but I am ready and willing to start tomorrow. I am going to watch what I eat today though. The depression thing scared me the last time, I have to admit, but at least I am aware of it now.

You guys take care...and HAPPY LABOR DAY!!

You gals are great.
  #149   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 09:42
Fit and Happy

Hi Randi! Glad to see the "good Randi" is back . I've heard WATP is a great exercise system!
  #150   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 05:57

Progress:

Good Morning Ladies
It is going to be a good week. Hope you all had a happy & relaxed Labor Day weekend. We need rain here...haven't had any in weeks. The hurricane is going to miss us according to the weather gurus. I stayed on my diet mostly over the weekend, if you don't count portion control. I am very weak there. Last night we had fish. I gave the others french fries (baked) and I had a salad with mine. What am I going to do without my fresh tomatoes this winter? I am still learning my photo editing software. If I can learn one feature a day, then I might have a handle on this bear in a month or so. Yesterday I learned the clone brush, which I think is the most amazing tool.

Last night for a snack, there was nothing in the house to be found. So I made some roasted pecans. Very rich, can't eat many, but VERY GOOD! Hate to waste pecans like that, but can't use them in cakes and brownies anymore. I need to find something sweet I can nibble on that is legal. Any ideas besides jello & cheesecake? Lately when I get that sweet urge, I have been eating a biscuit with SF Strawberry Preserves on it. Don't want to make a habit of that.

Y'all take care, Linda