Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#136   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 09:36
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora23
~Picking up scale and throwing it thru window~ I have been at 145.5 for two or three days now, I hop on the scale thismorn after I wake up like usual.... 147.5!!!!!!! What the *&%^*$^? My scale is a piece of crap so I move it away from the wall, step on it and off so it goes to zeros (like they tell you to) step on it again 148!!!!!!!! I'm getting a new scale today. Hopefully it will be a little more accurate and show me exactly what I want to see.... 135. Does anyone have suggestions for a good scale that isn't super pricey?

OMG when I read this Pandora my blood ran cold. If my scale ever broke, I would refrain from ever stepping on another one!! Seriously. I don't think I could trust another scale other than the one I started out on. Scales are SUCH PIGS!!
I truly hope you get on it and it weighs you lighter!
If not, I can see you kicking the darn thing all the way back to the shop, coz I know that's what I'd do!!
Good luck with it!! And if it DOESN'T weigh you lighter or the same weight, but (and I hope not) higher in weight then TRY not to get disheartened, from my experience with scales, they are the devils play thing and you should stear clear of ever getting on more than one for fear of it messing with your mind!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 09:39
From Flab to Fab!

Congrats to all of our losers!! And best of luck to all of you who are being good and not weighing in everyday! (Which is totally the right thing to do!! lol - wish I could take my own advice!)

Hope we all see a great loss as of Monday morning - keeping everything crossed for all of us!!

#138   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 09:39

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%

My neighbor has threatened to hold mine for ransom, when I get especially frantic for having gone up a pound or two!! Not a bad idea; the ransom would probably be me fitting into a size 10!!

As for a good scale, I have a digital tanita that also does body fat...it's VERY reproducible, and reads to the 0.1.

GOOD Luck, and drink lots of water; maybe there's a WHOOSH out there w/your name on it!?
  #139   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 09:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

I used to have a non digital scale, I loved it! It was so old though I decided I should get a digital... what was I thinking, throwing out a perfectly reliable scale? I should just throw this one out and not get another one until I can learn not to get so worked up when the number go up instead of down.
  #140   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 09:50
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/155/125 Female 5'10''
BF:23.7
Progress: 45%
Default new to this thread

i was really discouraged today, and found this suggested to someone else so i took a walk over. i was on atkins for almost a year, lost 30 pounds and stalled out. then the doc told me my cholesterol was shy high and i changed to thediet the nutritionist recommended - gained ten pounds in two weeks. lovely, huh? well, turns out my cholesterol was not so bad and here i am, trying to split the difference and try out south beach. anyway, i was discouraged because today is my one week mark and i only lost about a pound and a half. miz frog suggested that i stay away from the hummus i was having as part of one of my snacks, and be careful of cashews ( i was only having then on days i was feeling that rundown ick, so i'm not sad about that) but i'm drinking tons of water and trying to keep my chin up! i'm glad to have stumbled onto this thread. seems everyone here has switched over from something, so i don't feel so alone! so hi to all! and any suggestions would be welcome!
  #141   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 10:13

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Welcome magpiefoun, glad you found us. when you start a journal, you can post your meals there. That is what most of us do. Just watch your portion size, and fats. Sounds like you are off to good start.
  #142   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 11:07
From Flab to Fab!

Magpie, hi there you are most welcome!

We are all learning here the same as you, but I was only thinking today - I wonder if eventually I'll have to reel myself in a little on the fats too. The point of moving from Atkins to SB for me was to get results where I had sadly stopped getting them on Atkins. I truly think that I need to cut right down on my fat, but unfortunately you get so stuck in a habit, that sometimes it takes a while for my brain to get my head around a new thing!!
lol

I hope you do start a journal, you can do that by going to the main forum index, finding the journal and bootcamp secion, and then making a thread in there, calling it something journal-like!

I hope we can all help eachother to lose this weight!
  #143   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 11:11

Plan: My own combo
Stats: 147/135/132 Female 1.72cm (5'8'')
BF:no clue
Progress: 80%

Hey foxy...I have noooo problemo at all cutting down the fats!!!
I had to force myself to eat them so now I'm happy I don't have to
  #144   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 11:38
From Flab to Fab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen_172
Hey foxy...I have noooo problemo at all cutting down the fats!!!
I had to force myself to eat them so now I'm happy I don't have to

LOL Carmen, I SO wish that was the case for me!! I went to do my online food order today (yeah I really AM that lazy LOL) and I went to put full cream milk in for the kids...and had to remember to go back to order some low fat stuff for me.....ughhhh!
  #145   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 11:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/170/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default more questions!!

Magpie - Why did MizFrog tell you to stay away from hummus? I just bought myself a big tub.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Lots more questions:

Where does MizFrog get her updated lists from? (Did I ask that yesterday?) I mean, Dr. A isn't putting out new SB books every few weeks, so where does she get her info?

Fats: If I have nuts can I also have avocado? I guess I'm allowed any 3 fats/day, is that right?

Someone posted a new thread abouthow to count cheese. I've been counting it as a protein and eating like 4 slices a day because I love cheese and I feel like there's not much else to eat (I like to melt it on my veggies). People said to count it as dairy and only have 2 slices a day because otherwise cheese lovers will go overboard. That would be horrible - what would I eat??

Can I eat store-bought hummus? It does list vegetable oil in the ingredients, but come on, I'm never going to make it from scratch...

Scales: I was weighed on Monday by my dietician and haven't weighed myself again till today. But obviously my home scale and my dietician's are not the same! Wish I would have weighed myself when I got home from the dietician. I seem to have lost 8 pounds in the last 2 days, if you don't count the fact that I weighed myself on 2 different scales! This is so annoying, I won't know for 2 weeks when I go back for my weigh-in.

I'm not sure if I'm less hungry on my second day or if I'm just too lazy to make myself as much food as I need to feel satisfied.

Thanks for listening!!

Netanya in Jerusalem

#146   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 12:02
Have A LC Margarita!

Plan: PMSF
Stats: 175/175/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

So I don't weigh myself anymore until I see a physical difference, so I don't know if I have lost...

But, I have something to celebrate! Yesterday I didnt have any LC bars! Trust me it's been really hard lately but I finally did one day without it!
  #147   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 12:07

Plan: Low carb/healthy
Stats: 154.4/119.0/125 Female 5ft4 and 3/4ths
BF:don't ask...
Progress: 120%

Love to see the forum here ladies..

So many new ppl to this way of eating..Thats awesome..I have been asked and instructed to come into this forum...We are all in this together right? I will come in post and read...I will give my 2 cents when needed..if that's ok w/all of ya...

Best of luck to everyone and remember put yourself first..your health and soul and minds are so important..Exercise and drink your water and make good choices when it comes time to eat..

Linda
  #148   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 12:57

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/234/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default kicking it on the beach

Hello all... I just wanted to say hi! I'm new here, and I love this web sight! I'm on day 13 of Phase I, and I am a bit scared of moving into Phase II. This websight will help with my transition!! Thank you for being here!!
Lo
  #149   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 13:09

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi guys,
I've read so much about hummus.What exactly is that? I need some ideas for snacking. I just bought some jicama the other day. its so yummy. Well have, fun in the sun and dont forget to wear your sunscreen
  #150   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 13:11

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%

UrbanZero; good job on no LC bars; they can really be a staller and quite additictive. Stick to REAL food and I bet you do great!
Closed Thread