Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#136   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 08:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 353.5/307.4/150 Female 5'4.5"
BF:Yep. Lots.
Progress: 23%

Happy Monday everyone!
(is that a contradiction in terms?... hmm)

Welcome to Doxie and Ms Arielle! New people are always welcome and it's great to see you here!

kelleygirl, are we doing the weigh in? Did anyone answer that? hehe I may have missed it in the hubub. I posted back to you in your journal too

Justin, congrats on your fresh loss! I agree with kelleygirl, it's not a failure if you stayed with the low carb!! I'm sorry you're shovelling again! It's only raining here now, but I'll take it! I'm sooo tired of snow!

Hope I'm not missing anyone! Happy Monday all!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 09:23

Plan: HCG R2 10/17/11
Stats: 176/159.6/155 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 78%

GOOD Monday to everyone......may you all have a successful week.
Can someone tell me what "BF" is in the stats??? Is it another version of BS.......LOL????
O.K. I'll behave.............
  #138   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 09:59

Plan: Atkins - modified
Stats: 197/188/140 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Howdy new people. I caught a cold Sunday. Yuck. So I feel crappy and couldn't sleep because my throat hurt. Too tired to even think today.

Had ham and asparagus for dinner last night, but have been putting honey in my drinks in the hopes it makes my throat feel a little better. I debated... and then decided it was better to delay my journey a bit and be able to swallow. I did get some sugar-free Cepocal, though.

Do you guys work out when you're sick? I'm debating... I definitely wouldn't go full out, but I'm not sure I want to quit altogether because it's so hard for me to get back into it.

Kelley - my daughter is 2. She got my sweet-tooth. lol I held off for a year, but you should have seen her face the first time she had chocolate. It was little baby bliss followed by "Where have you been hiding this stuff?!" Guess we'll have to spend more time outside working it off...
  #139   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 10:07

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiemama
GOOD Monday to everyone......may you all have a successful week.
Can someone tell me what "BF" is in the stats??? Is it another version of BS.......LOL????
O.K. I'll behave.............

I'm guessing it's body fat??? Not even sure what mine says - i need to update my stats since coming back - not pretty UGH!!

Yest I was BAAAADDD we went out and well I didn't stick to LC - but today is a new week so hopefully I can reverse any damage.

laura203 - I usually just go on my treadmill - so it depends how bad I feel if it's in my head I will still exercise but if it's my body - aches and stuff I usually stay away from exercise - but I agree it's hard to get back into it after stopping even for a short time
  #140   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 12:03

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

I suck. I wasn't even going to write you guys, why bring someone else down? I can't do this stupid diet. I know in my head that it is the only way I'll lose weight. But, I can't even get through one day. I don't even have a shape anymore. I'm just round. This is disgusting. The bigger I get, the more I start to shrink in my life. I won't go to the grocery store cause a worker in there told me I need to slow down on the weight gain. I don't want to go out cause I'm scared I'm going to run into somebody, like my old personal trainers. I don't go anywhere at work outside of my office cause I don't want to run into anyone who knew me when. This is some bullllllllll!!!

I am so frustrated with this, with myself. I swear, can't win for losing.
  #141   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 12:03

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

And no, I haven't gotten on the scale. And startinova ain't even start over.
  #142   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 12:28

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova
I suck. I wasn't even going to write you guys, why bring someone else down? I can't do this stupid diet. I know in my head that it is the only way I'll lose weight. But, I can't even get through one day. I don't even have a shape anymore. I'm just round. This is disgusting. The bigger I get, the more I start to shrink in my life. I won't go to the grocery store cause a worker in there told me I need to slow down on the weight gain. I don't want to go out cause I'm scared I'm going to run into somebody, like my old personal trainers. I don't go anywhere at work outside of my office cause I don't want to run into anyone who knew me when. This is some bullllllllll!!!

I totally understand!! I have gained the 57lbs back that I lost on Atkins only 3 short yrs ago and I understand about hating to go places and the idea that spring is coming and I'll have to ditch my huge winter coat and fleece shirts that I wear everyday to my office terrifies me to no end - like the people I work with don't know there is a huge person under those tents????

I only know that everyday is a new day and I can either try to stick with this eating plan and see progress because time will go by either way and I would rather be looking at a smaller person than kicking myself as to wasting another year being large.

Just keep trying - that's all you can do - as long as you try you have the chance of success if you don't try you will never know. I do get the feeling sometimes that I'm a rat on a wheel just keep going around and around but I felt that way when I lost the 57lbs too and I still lost 57lbs!!

All I can do is try and offer you support and tell you to hang in there - and don't worry you aren't bringing anyone down - that is what support means we help lift each other up!!!!!

Hang in there it will get better -
  #143   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 12:36

Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova

Don't give up now, I know it's not easy. I've been overweight all my life and I barely leave the house because I'm worried what people are going to say about me behind my back. I can't even go out in public without worrying if people are starring at me.

I can't remember how many times I was called fat ass and such. Many people told me I need no stop eating, get in better shape. blah, blah, blah. You know what? Who cares what people think, they're just insecure. Give yourself some time and I'm sure everything will work out.
  #144   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 13:23

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Startinova, you are with friends. We know how you feel. Some times starting over isn't about the scale. It's about giving yourself a break. Stop beating yourself up. Your a good person! Maybe instead of thinking about your diet and the battle ahead, start with taking control a little at a time. Take baby steps. Set small goals.

I still haven't lost anything and it's been three weeks BUT I feel better because I'm in control. Even if I'm not losing, I'm not gaining either. Just take baby steps. Cut down a little, take a walk. We're here for you!!!

Why do people feel like they have the right to make you feel bad!!!! What makes them so dam perfect!!! Just like you guys I had social issues when my weight was high. I didn't want people to see me. I didn't want to go any where. I had "friends" say things like " what happened to you"??? Um what do they want me to say HELL I ATE, WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE! They don't get there is a reason why we eat. It's not about the food.

Glad I have you guys!! It's Ok Startinova. Tomorrow will be better.
  #145   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 16:34

BF:

Laura, two is a lot of work but soooo much fun. At least you finally get a little more sleep then babyhood. My daughter is a sugaraholic as well. She's 15 and so far it hasn't caught up to her. I keep telling her it will. It runs in the family. My poor son has food allergies so it keeps him in check. He can't eat cake, chocolate, butter etc. In the end he's probably better off for it.

How'd everyone do today?? SO far so good. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow. I couldn't handle it today. I added back in cheese and veggies but am counting calories. I think three weeks on induction with no loss is just wrong. Hopefully it works
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 16:55

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
Laura, two is a lot of work but soooo much fun. At least you finally get a little more sleep then babyhood. My daughter is a sugaraholic as well. She's 15 and so far it hasn't caught up to her. I keep telling her it will. It runs in the family. My poor son has food allergies so it keeps him in check. He can't eat cake, chocolate, butter etc. In the end he's probably better off for it.

How'd everyone do today?? SO far so good. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow. I couldn't handle it today. I added back in cheese and veggies but am counting calories. I think three weeks on induction with no loss is just wrong. Hopefully it works

I'm doing good, however I've really been slacking on exercising. I gave up on the treadmill and only been doing sit ups lately. The treadmill is fine but just gets boring after a while, I prefer an old fashion walk with the dog. I better enjoy it while I can since my dog's going on 17 years old, but she's still in good shape!
  #147   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 19:14

BF:

Justin, what kind of dog do you have?? 17 is pretty old for almost all breeds. My dog is family. Some days I wish he could talk and other days I'm really glad he can't. Somebody else to tell me what to do LOL

I find that most cardio equipment can get a little boring unless you have a book, tv etc. Spring is coming! We'll be outside again soon. I actually walk 4 miles a night. I've done it for years. I think my body has gotten use to it. It tell my self that I'll add weights or speed up but it doesn't happen. I'm just happy to get big butt out the door.

I'm hungry!!! Trying to fight it cause I'm watching calories. I've left the vino alone and the cravings are starting to go away. What is it with wine??? I crave the stuff. I don't care about alcahol in general. I could walk away from any mixed drink. Wine is tough.I think it must be the sugar and calming effect it has. It was starting to bother me how much I wanted it. Can't be good.
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 20:09

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
Justin, what kind of dog do you have?? 17 is pretty old for almost all breeds. My dog is family. Some days I wish he could talk and other days I'm really glad he can't. Somebody else to tell me what to do LOL

I find that most cardio equipment can get a little boring unless you have a book, tv etc. Spring is coming! We'll be outside again soon. I actually walk 4 miles a night. I've done it for years. I think my body has gotten use to it. It tell my self that I'll add weights or speed up but it doesn't happen. I'm just happy to get big butt out the door.

I'm hungry!!! Trying to fight it cause I'm watching calories. I've left the vino alone and the cravings are starting to go away. What is it with wine??? I crave the stuff. I don't care about alcahol in general. I could walk away from any mixed drink. Wine is tough.I think it must be the sugar and calming effect it has. It was starting to bother me how much I wanted it. Can't be good.

She's my baby, she's a slay dog. She has 5 different mixes in her including husky and golden retriever. The vet said that he never saw such an energetic dog and wouldn't be surprised if she could reach 19/20 years old.

I LOVED mixed drinks, especially Fuzzy Navel from the 80's. Today I watched my calories, I ate a salad and some low carb meatloaf. I think I only had like 700 calories today but I didn't exercise.
  #149   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 23:36

Plan: HCG R2 10/17/11
Stats: 176/159.6/155 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 78%

My Dear Startinova.....I'm the newbie here and I want to tell you my heart is full. I know how deep this pain can be. It can be overwhelming. I also know that if you ride out this wave of negative a moment will come where you breathe and all of a sudden.....something seems a little lighter. I also know that there is alotta lovin goin on here .....embrace it. It will carry you through your challenge. take a very deep breath.....blow it out big!!!! Hopefully, this and all the positive energy here will bring you back in sync... sending all my xoxoxo..
  #150   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 23:44

Plan: Atkins - modified
Stats: 197/188/140 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 16%

We had food issues the first year (and actually, part of the reason I gained instead of losing... she couldn't have any trace of dairy and I don't know how to do Atkins without it. I mean, not even sausage unless I called the manufacturer. Who can do that with a newborn?? So I had cinnamon sugar poptarts for most 'meals'...) then she started on table food and wanted what we had and of course Induction isn't good for young kids. Now she'll eat what she wants, so the hard part is MY not eating her higher carb stuff.

I don't want her having body issues like I did, so we try to eat homemade as much as possible and maybe more carby than I'd prefer, but fairly healthy. A lot better than what I see many kids eating (although, honestly, if my husband didn't cook, I'd so be giving her fish sticks too... lol)
Closed Thread