Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 19:08

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default I'VE FOUND MY HOME!!

I have been running a while to catch up to the wagon but I can't stop crying from all the laughing. I belong in the wagon! Please, please let me on! However, I must warn you all that I need some sort of crane to get me up in that thing.

I also have re-committed myself to this wol and would love to join you all. After belly-ing up to the trough over Christmas and New Years I am relishing getting back on track. My goals are very similar to you all here----water, suppliments, water, exercise, water, under 30g carbs/daily, water. (Note to self: invest in toilet paper manufacturing companies) As DH and I just got back from traveling yesterday (1/1/03) I am giving myself until Monday to do an official weigh-in. Then I will change my stats----the pant-o-meter does not lie.

Viv---LOVE the poem. Have a great day everyone!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 19:17

Plan: My own: clean eating
Stats: 290/139/125 Female 5'5"
BF:no clue!
Progress: 92%
Default I'm HERE!

Hi, you guys! I'm here! Did I miss anything? [Joanie looks around at the crowd who has been partying wildly without her for quite awhile...]

Yes, I too have fallen and have had a HARD time getting up -- gory details in my journal. (very gory ) I haven't had a chance to read every entry in here yet, but I'll try to keep up.

Here's my deal: just finishing 2nd day of penance. Hoping to blast off the 8000 pounds I gained in the past 1.5 months in the next few months (as always, it'll take longer to lose than to gain -- why is life so unfair?!) Doing Medifast for now, which is like Atkins in that the first three days are rough, and then it gets much easier. I am doing this to kickstart things and then will move on to something else, I suppose...will jump off that bridge when I get there!

Help keep me motivated, you guys! I worked too hard to lose this weight to gain it all back again!

Hugs and willpower to all!
  #138   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 19:22
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

Tricia and Joanie... Hop on up here, ladies! We'll either suck it in a bit more... or we'll just get a bigger wagon... right, Wendye? The more, the merrier, as they say. Might have to up that 50 pound ante, though!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #139   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 19:41
Registered Member

Plan: Shoogadownsizing!
Stats: 205/145/150 Female 5'4"
BF:F/C/C
Progress: 109%

Bigger Wagon? Hell, no! There's still plenty of room and at the end of this wild ride, we're gonna need a Smaller wagon b/c we won't take up so much space!
asugar
  #140   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 20:10

Plan: My own LC plan
Stats: 322/290/200 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Another Bay Area girl in the house.. Hi TriciaW..

Glad to see you made it Joanie. This thread moves fast, so you'll get some exercise trying to keep up..

Welcome AlluraD and MKGretchen

I guess I need to supply a hunk this time..
He gets better with time just like a fine wine...

#141   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 21:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/140/140 Female 5'3 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Reporting in...

~~
Hey everybody! It's standing room only in here...I love it! The more the merrier!
YAY! Joanie's here! I'm with you "sug'a" ... we'll have more room in the wagon as we go along (as the lbs. melt away)...plenty of room for everybody who wants to join us!

My 1st induction day was perfect...I breezed though it without even a stumble. By Sunday, it'll be second nature again! I'm glad to be "back on track"!

Hey Bonnie...glad to see you here and thanks for the "Sean Hunk"!

I'm glad to see more new faces...A LCing Welcome to each of you!

Well gotta go post THE HAPPY LIST in my journal and have another fabulous bottle of water. Seeya tomorrow after work.

BTW my Wendye Frendye, thanks for the compliment, you make even "the stuffed sausage look" sound good...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Remember that friendship is a wise investment
Life's treasures are people...together!"
Attached Images
File Type: gif judefairie.gif (23.5 KB, 8 views)
  #142   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 22:44

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 270/232/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:Yes, unfortunately
Progress: 32%

Hello all,

Just checking in today with all you guys. Today was pretty good - WAY too busy, but not for long!! I did pretty good with my water today - at least 100 oz. I think I made a path from my office to the w/c down the hall Do you think I can count that as my exercise?!? Sorry to say that my glider is still looking like a spiffy clothers hanger, but hopefully not for long.

Looks like things are getting cozy in the big red wagon!! Lots of encouraging "losers" to help us along. Feel free to poke me if I'm not "pulling my weight".

Anyway, before I forget, my hunk:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 039_24434_a[1].jpg (14.7 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by tlawson : Thu, Jan-02-03 at 22:55.
  #143   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 01:09

Stats: 195/182/135
BF:
Progress: 22%
Talking

Can't believe how Wild and Crazy you folks are! I'm too busy to get here for couple of days, then I come back and find out that apparently there's been one whopper of a party going on in my absence!! And how the heck am I supposed to be a good girl and turn this machine off and go to bed when the likes of Sean, Harrison, (I feel faint) Tom, and the Aragorn hunk are hanging around in our wagon? Wow!!!

The other night I rented the "Minority Report" dvd, and when I brought it home I told my DH that I didn't really care if the movie wasn't very good, because I got to watch Tom for almost 2 hours and that was all I cared about. DH was not impressed. (BTW the movie was really good...) I'm so bad!! Anyway, think I'll go off and do a hunk hunt before you guys snag all the good ones.

Wendye - I am a "patchworker" too!! How's your stash??

Vivi - Loved your poem, sounds like you must have been lurking in my house because you got everything right!

Bad news for this little piggy - back up to 185 (there - it's public!!) on January 1. I refuse to change my stats as I do not plan on staying at this point for long. I have thrown out the buttertarts and the shortbread, and am waiting til no one is looking before I throw out all the crackers. They are all stale anyway, even the ones in the sealed boxes!!!

Last edited by sewcrazy : Fri, Jan-03-03 at 01:10.
  #144   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 03:49
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/249.6/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

I got down to 195 yesterday, even with some peanuts that I finished off. BTW You can have half an avacado on induction, and I tried my very first one with tunafish the other day. It was interesting. Anyways, Thursday I was wonderful. I got up and exercised even though I didn't sleep well the night before. I was surrounded by baked goods and peanut butter fudge in the teacher's room all morning while I was collating a huge document and I didn't touch anything!

I mentally blocked what I started at, it may have been 198, so you can have a few more pounds to add to your 50 pound goal of loss.

Beth
  #145   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 05:33

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Whoosh~

Well!!! I had a little visitor last night~ Yeah!!!
Down 3 lbs. since christmas!! Two days in a row!!
Sticking to plan.......drinking till I float!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg waterfae5.jpg (3.5 KB, 13 views)
  #146   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 06:19

Plan: lchf
Stats: 325/264/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Talking HappyDance It's Friday!!!!!!!

AAAckkkkkk!!!!!!!! Lost my post the first time....who knows what i typed at this time of the morning????

You guys are off to a great start!!!!!!! Way to go with the losses!!

I have to warn you all i am a very slow loser....in fact i lose at a snails pace because of my diabetic meds so i might just be taking up space in the little red wagon
maybe i can get out and push sometime?????

i to need to be rid of my front butt.....it is where i carry almost all of my weight

Love everyones hunks....mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm Sean Connery......send him over anytime!

Here is one of my own to add.............
http://forum.lowcarber.org/attachme...=&postid=724777

Gone today are all the AS , nuts and cheese.....these things tend to stall me....so its off to shop today and back to the basics for me. I am hoping i can get the weight to move a little again.

hugs
and dont for get to Happydance it is Friday!!!!!......I am so glad been a long week even with the day off in the middle

maggie
  #147   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 07:20

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 245/241/160
BF:
Progress: 5%

Oh, my gosh, this place is Party City!

Congratulations on all the weight loss so far! You all are doing wonderful!

Me? May I be the first cheat of the new year? Actually, it's not a cheat...I started off the year with a massive sinus & ear infection and the medicine the doctor prescribed is doing a number on my stomach. One of those antibiotics that you can't lie down for 1/2 an hour after taking, or it'll burn your stomach lining. Anyway, yesterday at work, all day long, my stomach was bothering me until I couldn't stand it anymore and got a package of nuts out of the vending machine. Well, at least it wasn't chocolate... and it did seem to help some. And last night had a lot of running around to do and didn't get to dinner until 8:00 - finished off the rest of the baked ziti. Other than that, yesterday was a good day, lots of water and legal food.

Looking foward to a stellar day today!

Oh, and if you all could remember my mom in your prayers and thoughts today - she's having a biopsy on a "mass" that was found during her mammogram. She's really scared and worried.

Lori Jo
  #148   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 09:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 180/154/140
BF:
Progress: 65%
Thumbs up Here Here! & Bravo!

to a mass LC recommit!

to 2003 Whoosh Fairys (don't have one personally)

to Hugh Jackman (& those lucky girls who go to church w/him)

to avacado & tuna experiments!

to LC wagons that are neither too small, nor too big - just right.

to finding & sharing new (cheap) LC recipes

to aliteration

to Sean Connery

to drinking so much water that walking to the restroom has become a new phase in your exercise routine

to Antonio Banderas, Harrison Ford & Tom Cruise

to smaller FrontButts ( & yes I believe I know & even possibly regenerated in this forum the true Low Carb American definition)

YAHOO!

Last edited by ginkirk : Fri, Jan-03-03 at 09:33.
  #149   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 11:46

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Happy Friday you wild and crazy bunch!

Doing well back on induction, I am happy to report! Feeling great, especially that it's Friday. Do I detect some ketone breath in this wagon???
  #150   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 12:35

Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Such Wonderful and Positive Vibes coming from this thread!

Glad you joined us Joanie. Hope you are enjoying your little mini vacation before you start trecking back to Baltimore. Don't let that gain slow you down.

I was watching Opra when Bob Green was talking about making promises to yourself or others. He said if you make promises and don't keep them, you can always make excuses to yourself but in the back of your brain, deep in your subconcious, you will always feel like a failure. I know from personal experience I alway feel like a failure because of this weight. Sooooooo This time I will make no promise to lose weight! I will promise to stick to the plan, keep very meticulous records and try using positive affirmations. I want to feel success. I lose very slowly, but I can succeed in what is doable.

Beth, try taking that avocado half and putting some cottage cheese and lemon in the hole and then eat it right out of the shell. This is easy to take to school and all the other teachers will be jealous! I love it this way!

Vivi, I loved your poem. I hope you don't mind if I share it with my TOPS club.

Wendye , don't think of yourself as the biggest--rather the one with the biggest heart! Never a negative thought --never again!!!

Those hunks are starting to make me breath heavy. That's a good thing, isn't it? We expell lots of ketones out with our breath. Let's just hope no one is too close!

Carol