Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 19:35
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile I was visited by

Well ladies the bedroom looks great. All we have to do now is do the ceiling and by a new fan. I am wore out but I can sleep in my bed tonight.

Thank you whoosh fairy to those that send it my way.

Well ladies it is off to bed for me hope everyone has a great night and a wonderful day tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 12:15

Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%

Hi donnaj, marlaine, sunshine and gilta...

How is everyone doing? It's been a quiet weekend for me ...really bad headaches and fibro just kidding...I'll be OK. My weight went down but after a bad weekend where I've taken medication...I never trust the scale...so, we'll just see what happens.

donnaj...congratulations on finishing the bedrooms that must be exciting!

Marlaine...thanks for your message under cher's journal...I really appreciate your checking on me. Did you get a chance to rest for the weekend?

Sunshine and Gilta... how are you gals doing? Hope that you're feeling good and hope that the whoosh fairy visits everyone today
  #138   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 13:47
Pending Member

BF:
Smile

Cher,
I hate hearing that you had a bad weekend. I hope you are feeling better now. I am not feeling good I have a headache and my joints seems like they are on fire. I have been in bed almost all day. I have severe headache when the weather change and boy did winter return here. It is cold and the wind is blowing. But, I hope you are feeling better. I must start writing in my journal again. Well hope you feel better soon.
Donna
  #139   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 13:54
Registered Member

Stats: 195/201/145
BF:
Progress: -12%
Default Hope everyone is better

Sounds like everyone is getting my cold. My son ended up with it on Thursday, so I have been a little out of touch. I am still fighting this. I rested most of the weekend, but I feel like I have not lost much. I really need to get into an exercise routine. My new club does not open until April!

I have a nortic track, but I am so tired when I get home. I know you all understand. I think winter is getting to me. I have great goals, but I just can't make it.

I tried a few of atkin's recipes. I am finding the meat to be tough even with marinating it overnight. I have been researching some recipes and came up with one of my own. My mom was famous for her onion soup. I found a bread, with low carbs. It is Monks whole wheat. It has 9 carbs and I cut off the outside so it would fit a bowl, so I figure 7.5. I used soy flour instead of regular flour. I used the beef stock without carbs. It was pretty good.

Sorry to vent, I am just plain tired... It is that TOM so I am sure my weight will go up!

Gilta
  #140   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 19:28
Pending Member

BF:
Smile hope you are better

Gilta,
I hope your family well be better soon from this cold. I am also tired of winter and it came back with a vengence today here in West Virginia. It is cold. I used to gain up to 15 lbs. when TOM came around so I am sure you will see a big change when it leaves. Here wishing for a early spring.
  #141   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 22:29

Default Hi

Gilta... Hope you and your son feel better soon! The whole wheat bread sounds good...does it trigger a binge at all. I'm still not sure how I react to wheat...but, 9 grams sounds pretty good. Did you find that at a health food store? That onion soup recipe sounds really good. I'll have to try that...winter months and onion soup go together really well (yumm).

DonnaJ...Sorry to hear that your feeling bad too. I know that feeling where your joints feel like they're on fire...why does that combine with the headache...it's bad enough to just have one...LoL. I went to the doctor today cause I just couldn't stand the pain and he gave me an IV....and...I feel better
the thing is... I just got 2 pounds of saline solution and he added Vitamin C (which seems to help my blackouts)...and who knows if that has carbs. But, here's the thing...I'm not weighing again until next Monday, so whatever happens is OK. I had a good weigh in this morning and hopefully
next week will be OK...but, I may pay a price for this treatment. Oh well, I've been good...so, I refuse to be hard on myself! Hope everyone else is doing well!
  #142   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 07:26
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for everyone's support. I feel better now.

Cher - Don't worry about the carbs from the vitamin C. You needed it. You can always get the weight off next week.

DonnaJ - Are you feeling better?

Sunshine - Where have you been lately?

Marlaine - How about you?

I just found out I can use another gym until mine opens, so I am setting up a meeting Thursday afternoon to set up a program. I hope this helps. I am losing about 1.1 lbs/week and I really want to do at least 2. I am hoping the exercise will help.

Gilta
  #143   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 12:20
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%
Default I'm Back!

Hello all, Left work Friday with no voice and a tight chest, was in bed all weekend, finally Monday morning I knew it was time to go see my doc. diagnosis, "your sick", I wanted to say, that was worth $60 &*&%%&(*, anyhow, he did perscribe me some medication, and cough syrup, and I have a strong feeling it is loaded with SUGAR, because I had some major cravings last night, had 4 carbolite bars, which I have been trying to avoid, but I needed some chocolate. - sure sign that something in the medication triggered this attack. Trying to take the cough syrup as little as possible, mainly in the evenings before bed so I can sleep.

The bad thing, the scales were up this morning to 194.5, from 190.5 , but I'm going to blame it on the medicine and not worrying about it too much.

I feel better today, but still a little weak, so headed back to bed.

Night Night all.
  #144   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 20:17

Sunshine...just worte you a message in the Bikini club! Hope you're feeling better...get a good nights sleep and feel better in the morning. I'm so proud of your progress...you're doing so well Way To Go!

Gilta...I'm glad you found another gym that you can go to temporarily! That's very cool. Let us know how you like it! I decided that I just will not weight until next Monday...I'll give myself a break with the IV...it has helped, so I feel really good about that. Hopefully it didn't do too much damage...but, just the 2 pounds of saline solution (which I can feel in my tummy)...must have added a couple of pounds alone. Keep up the good work with the exercise!

Marlaine and donnaJ...how are you two doing? Hope that everything is going well. Also, Marlaine hows the BFL coming along? DonnaJ are you feeling any better?
  #145   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 10:10
Pending Member

BF:
Default Feeling better

Cher, I am feeling a whole lot bitter. Thanks Are you doing okay?
Don't worry about the saline solution and Vit. C. It will come off again soon. I have a friend that has it and she has the same problems with weight gain and she said that after a couple a days it starts to come off. Hang in there.

Sunshine2 I hope you well feel better soon. I know what you mean the doctor put me on medication and now I am up to 175. I gained 4 lbs. But, I am like you I am not going to let it bother me because I know I will lose it soon.

Gilta, Are you feeling better? I am glad you found a new gym to go to and that is wonderful that you are losing 1.5 a week. That is wonderful.

Marlaine, how are you doing?

Well doing laundry and chaning bed so I email later.
Donna
  #146   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 17:24

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Just a quick note...

I wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. This is a busy week and I'm finding that I don't have a lot of time to post in the forum. Next week will be even busier because I'm working a lot more hours. Maybe I need to accept that THIS is my life!!

I'm keeping up just fine with BFL because I've made it a priority. It's the only way to start the day. I just get up earlier if I have other things planned.

Still recovering from that dentist appointment a week ago and had another today. Yet another next week and again the following. I'm trying to get all of this done and over with!! I hope I can still talk once I have my new mouth!

Take care everyone and keep on keeping on with the LCing!

Marlaine
  #147   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 08:20
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Hello All -

I'm back to my old self again (except my weight) still up a little. Exercised last night, had a hard time with it since I haven't exercised in a week, but hopefully will be with the groove again by next week.

Marlaine, your on a roll! I do believe in order to complete the BFL challenge, you have to make it a priority. In Bill Phillips book, he states that things will come up, it never fails, something bad will happen to test you. When I was doing it, I was in week 4 and I tore my legiments in my knees and strained some muscles in my sholders, I couldn't even pick my purse up. Of course I had to go to therapy and had to quit my weight training for a bit, and I should have jumped right back into it when I healed, but by the time they healed I was lazy again.

I was planning on trying to start it again with my husband this year, but the problem I'm having is fitting the exercise into the morning. But, I'm still contimplating joing a 24 hour gym by my house. (trying to fit it into my budget)

Hope everyone is doing okay. Have a Happy Low Carbing Day!
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 22:54

Donnaj...I'm feeling so much better since that Vitamin C IV...so, I guess whatever price I might have to pay will be worth it...But, it was really hard for a couple of days. I was craving everything. I'm so glad that I get to come to these boards because it helps me through the tough times. i still haven't weighed...to chicken...plus I'm trying to weigh only on Mondays...so, I just hope that it's back to normal at that time.

Marlaine...you are so busy! But, that's a really good thing...just don't forget about us cause we think about you often You reminded me that i have to go to the dentist...and OUCH... that doesn't seem appealing right now...but, I'm a big girl...so, I'll show up! Hope your dental pain ends soon!

Sunshine...you are so brave to weight after having that medication...good for you...I just can't look till Monday I did however, go back to induction for 3 days just in case. Actually my stomach has felt bloated ever since the IV...so, once that goes down...I'll feel much better How's all your exercising going?
  #149   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 00:59

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hey everyone!!

Okay.....It's late and I really should be in bed, but I'm going to go for it and write some stuff here. Last night I woke up at 3AM and didn't get back to sleep until about 5AM. It made it tough to get up at 6:30...but...I did. It really doesn't matter what else is going on in my life, BFL is like a sanity break...a lifeline. It's something that I do for myself. Nobody else could do this for me. It's an investment that I make in myself. I know that there are going to be a multitude of dividends from this investment. I'm worth it.

The mouth is definately improving. I'm just about ready to try steak again. It may take me some time to get it down, but I'm really missing beef. I didn't think I'd ever hear me say that. I don't work again until next Tuesday but I'm going to need to spend much of the weekend studying. Mid-term is about a week away.

Thank you, thank you, Cher, Sunshine, Donna, and Gilta for asking about me and for all of the kind words. They mean a lot to me and really perk me up when I find them!

Marlaine
  #150   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 09:59
Registered Member

BF:

Hi all,

Not a good week, but with TOM I know you know why! I am up 2 lbs and very frustrated, but oh well.

Marlaine - get some sleep... You don't need to get sick!

Cher - how are you feeling? Still craving?

Sunshine - Have you started to exercise. I just have not felt like it at all. TOM has really put a number on me. I am just too tired.

DonnaJ - Are you back to par?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Gilta