Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-07, 19:36
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 230/220/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Facing Divorce & Starting Low Carb

Oh boy! Here I am ... separated and facing a divorce within the next 6 months, and starting low-carb. I'll need lots of support!

I was here awhile back, but my personal life went into a crazy time and the depression got worse ... so didn't have energy or the will to do anything, let alone survive.

I'm still facing some pretty crummy stuff, but I'm up to 222, and KNOW I have to do this NOW! I hate, hate, HATE my body! I HATE this stomach that now hangs over .. ICKY POO!

Tomrrow (weather permitting), I'm going grocery shopping ... have the book, so I'll write a list first.

The last time I was here, I had started eating low carb .. and I ate and ate and ate .. eggs, meat and salad .. it was SOOO good.

So I know this is the way for me ... I felt so peaceful and happy on it too, mentally I felt calm ... not like me normally.

So please hang with me ... I'll need ya'll.

Forgot to mention: I'm 55 years old ... is it harder to do this as we get older?

Hugs,
Diana

Last edited by diana55 : Sun, Dec-16-07 at 19:49.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-07, 19:41

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome and best wishes on your weight loss and getting through this difficult time.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-07, 20:16
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-07, 21:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/112.8/115 Female 5' 3"
BF:34/20/25
Progress: 106%

I am 49, and while it's taken a while, and some patience and persistence (of which I am short, by nature), I have succeeded. I think YOU can do it too!

We are all here to support you, both in your diet journey and in your life journey.

We'll always be here for you. Please keep letting us know how you are doing. When you're sad, we'll try to help lift you up. When you're doing well, we'll celebrate with you!

Please keep letting us know you're doing. We care!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-07, 22:04

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Hang in there Diana! We are here hangin on with you
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-07, 22:26

Plan: low carb
Stats: 160/131.8/116 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 64%

hi and welcome welcome welcome! this is already like a family and i'm very new as well. everyone is here for you, whether to talk about your goals, dreams, aspirations, or even the tough stuff. please fill us in on what those things are for you, so we can start a foundation. right now my goals are to love myself, move one step closer to reaching my goal weight everyday, and focusing using this websight as a tool...oh, and to make friends as well. i'll be checking in on you : )
cheers
msalicia
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 06:25

Stats: 158/155/150 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%

Welcome, I'm new to the forum thing, but glad you're amongst friends. We'll help you through and to be a new and improved you!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 06:32
MIKENYPD

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

You know its kinda funny that you should start now. A brand new you ..single ...and HOTTTT do it now for the only reason you should ever do it .. yourself, not for him or for them but for the most important person .. YOU. Dont look at it as a bigger challenge look at it as a new you and besides you probably just lost 200 pounds by getting seperated lol. You keep your chin up and you will do great... for you. By the way where upstate ny??NYC here
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 08:48

Plan: My own L/C
Stats: 225/198/188 Male 179cm
BF:
Progress: 73%

Diana , I am very close to your age, and I started L/C 3 & ½ months ago ( with 225 Lb ) I am now 200.5 Lb.
Since I started until now I‘ve having a tough time ( at work ) it’s not getting better , still I did very well with my ( healthy way of Life ).
You can do it very easily, hang in there and you will be ok.
Again you weight and your age are very close to mine when I started.
All the best..
Abufaisal
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 10:24
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you ALL soooooooo much! :-)

It brings tears to my eyes ... to have all this support and care.

In my marriage, I had very very little support or respect.

I feel pretty low right now and really don't like who I am ... and have NO idea WHO I am, hopefully as time goes on, I'll figure it all out and begin to like myself.

It's so hard with the depression, it's so hard to get myself going and out the door to the store, but if I don't, I'll continue to eat all the wrong foods. Actually, I have very little in the house right now, so I'm going to force myself out in a bit and buy lots of eggs, meat and other stuff on my Induction list.

Hugs,
Diana
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 10:53

Plan: My own L/C
Stats: 225/198/188 Male 179cm
BF:
Progress: 73%

Diana;
As they say ( Each problem has 15 shadows , one of them is made by the problem its self and the rest are made by us ) , Just remember , life is too short … live it up … enjoy it … I am so positive that you will be ok very soon , but I am sure also that you will regret being upset now … Don’t waste your time enjoy life … start from now to build up your happy bright future. I have been through lots of hard times in my life , but I always believe ( it’s my life ) not others. Any day goes by while I am sad , no way I can replace it … that’s it … it it’s gone..
Last note : Just relax and start with a big smile ...
Sorry for my poor English … I wish you all the best … keep us posted …
Abufaisal
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 10:56
Registered Member

Stats: 150/112.8/115 Female 5' 3"
BF:34/20/25
Progress: 106%

Abufaisal, your English is fine! Very well stated.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 11:08
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Abufaisal

I have a question for you guys ... not related to LC, but it's really bearing down on me.

As my husband and I are living separate but not legally separated, I feel that when he comes here to see me, usually once during the week and on Sunday ... that it should be to either go out somewhere, or spend time doing something together.

Sometimes he thinks he should be able to come here and just cozy down as if he lived here with me. He came over Sat. night and stayed over because of the weather. He slept late Sunday morning, then after coffee and donuts, he ran to the store for me, came back, took a shower, cut his hair, then he was tired again, and went back to bed for another 3 hours.

By this time, it was later afternoon and weather was getting worse. He had an hour's drive home, so he wanted to go. I was very upset that all he seemed to have done is make himself at home ... and we didn't really DO anything.

I suggested that he go rent a movie for us, but he said he was too tired. He had LOTS of energy when it comes to HIS sports, friends and family.

Anyway, I almost hate to admit, we DID have sex .. but it was absolutely only for him .. I felt pretty used. I told him that, and all he usually says is ... sorry.

Yes, I KNOW .. I LET him have it .. but I guess I feel like I'd rather him have it with me, than go elsewhere.

Well, we ended up in a fight, because he looked like I had stabbed him .. when I told him I was so upset about him just acting like he lives here ... and our time is suppose to be spent doing something, even if it's talking. He felt I was being completely wrong and bitchy for nothing. He's always saying that he would let me do whatever I wanted at his house... but that shouldn't mean I HAVE to .. does it?

UGH .. sorry to go on, but this is really confusing and getting to me. There is lots of stuff that could be looked at as emotional abuse .. but I'm not really sure. Am I just being too sensitive?
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 11:23
Registered Member

BF:

Just wanted to add:

I think the confusion with us is that we're NOT legally separated, and still married .. still seeing only each other, doing things for each other, so the line isn't really drawn.

When I try to have boundaries, Jim gets very upset, and makes me feel like I shouldn't, which in turn gets me very confused and hurt, which in turn makes Jim angry with me and blames ME for the problems, saying that all I do is find fault.

I'm finally moving to the side of divorce ... because we've been living separate for 3 years now. He still refuses to look at and work on his problems, and he probably never will.

'sigh'

The hardest part is that I still love him. I really wanted us to work. We've been married 11 years. It hurts allot.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 11:24
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by algts
Welcome and best wishes on your weight loss and getting through this difficult time.

Hi algts, thank you for the welcome