Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 08:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/250/150 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default I cheated and feel sick!!!!!!!!

I've been doing sooo good for 2 months, lost 25 pounds so far! but....I cheated last night and had a chocolate chip mint ice cream cone, and oh my goodness I woke up with the biggest migraine of my life this morning!!!! Has anyone else experienced such a huge reaction from similar mistakes? I feel a huge difference in my cravings also.. I wanted to cheat again this morning but I was good, because I know I have alot more work to do. I can't believe I did that! I'm sooo mad at myself!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 08:56

Stats: 310/239/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I work in a hospital; and one day when I left home to come to work, I left my lunch on the counter in the kitchen. When it came to lunch time, I had to eat in the cafeteria. Being a hospital, you would think they would have healthy choices....NOT! I was starving, so I had a chicken breast, with veggies, but the chicken was breaded (and not the kind you can easily pick off) Before I was even done eating, I swear you could watch my stomach bloat up, I had cramping and felt like I was going to barf. I got a headache and overall, felt like crap.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 09:01

BF:

I had major migranes before starting Atkins, and they slowely went away after cutting out Carbs and Sugar, so..this really tells me how BAD carbs and sugars are!!! Thx
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 09:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/194/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Ash...try not to beat up on yourself so badly. So you cheated; and you felt like crap. You can learn from that little cheat. It's what keeps me doing the best I can each day to stay on plan. I don't want to feel sick and I don't want to have to work extra hard at getting off the pounds that I gain if I cheat. It's just not worth it to me anymore. If I indulge in a German Chocolate Blizzard from DQ, sure, it will tastes sooo good for about 15 mintues. Then it's payback time and I don't want to deal with it anymore.

Turn that anger at yourself toward positive energy staying on plan. You can do it. We're here for you!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 09:33
Think Pink

Plan: ♥Calorie Counting
Stats: 265/195/175 Female 5' 10"
BF: a few
Progress: 78%

I've never had the headaches I hear about after a cheat - but BOY OY BOY, my fingers swell, ankles swell, stomach swells, you name it. Not to mention, heartburn........Amazing!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 09:44

Stats: 220/145/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

It might be a good thing that you got a headache, because next time you won't be as tempted. Cheating once won't do much damage as long as you hop right back on track. Don't beat yourself up over it, just continue on.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 10:34

BF:

I just walked for 45 minutes and feel much better. Thanks everyone. I'm back on track and gonna go eat some chicken!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 10:42

Stats: 268/214.2/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 55%

Boy I know the feeling!! I get bloated so bad after I go on a cheating bing... then I can't wait to get back on track cuz my pants are tight, my rings don't fit... its horrible. But, face it life will sometimes bring us to a day of off plan eating and at least we know to get back on when we feel crappy!!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 10:48

BF:

I realize that I cheated because I need to go food shopping, and I didn't have enough variety in the fridge..lol.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 10:50

BF:

woops... can't get my signature to look normal!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 12:33

Stats: 260/230/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashangl
woops... can't get my signature to look normal!

Take out the space between your name and ticker. you have a limited amount of space. I had that same issue
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 14:01

Stats: 219/204/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

I cheated two days ago with a Haagen Daaz ice cream. It said 22 grams of pure sugar, but I figured, it was low enough to do no damage...

WRONG! I had the worst stomach ache for the rest of the day, I thought I would throw up...

Plus, I'm STILL trying to get over the cravings...

I'll NEVER do that again!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 15:02

BF:

Thank you Bioteclady for the signature help ....
and to everyone:you all are such an inspiration to keep going!! It helps so much to hear that other people are going through the same things that you have experienced.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-06, 14:57

Plan: Kimkins Bootcamp
Stats: 185/145.2/140 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Yep, ditto for me. I took my son for an ice-cream today since it was almost 100 degrees here. I got a vanilla soft serve as a cheat, which wasn't all that bad. But when he had 4-5 bites left of his sundae I ate it. As soon as I was done I was sick to my stomach. I could have thrown up!!!

The chocolate sauce made me ill. I have a kickboxing class tonight and I am going to kick some butt. I will never do that again.

I guess some of us have to learn the hard way!

SBC
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-06, 15:04

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Lol, it looks like all of us have an ice cream addicted. Yeah I did that about 2 weeks ago with Hagen Daas too, I would have rather had Ben and Jerrys since I have never had it before *I know, that is a crime* but to no avail.
It makes me pretty sick to, more the bloating and stuff, and besides if I eat carbs it is a full out carb binge, so that is why I bloat lol. If I am going to do it, I go all out I guess.

Luckily most of us bounce back pretty well to things like that.