Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 12:33

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%
Default Sugar free pudding mixes in Canada?

i live in Toronto and i can't find sugar-free pudding mixed anywhere. Can someone let me know if it's sold in Canada?

Deb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 14:21

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yes it is.Try Wal-mart or a Super-store.I even think my Overweity has it.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 06:49

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've heard (but don't know for a fact) that the fat free puddings are also sugar free. Check out the labels and see if it's true (and let me know ). I don't know if this applies to the premixed individual portions or just to the powder that you make yourself, or to both. When it comes to making up the powder, I've heard that people use watered down heavy cream rather than milk and that saves a lot of carbs

Let us know....
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 13:18
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Yes, the fat free puddings are made with aspartame. They are a tad carby, especially if you are in the early stages of low-carbing, I think because whatever thickens them is carby, but they weren't too bad. My boyfriend is a low-fat guy, he has the puddings all the time. I have one with him occasionally and it's okay for me.

Val
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 13:41

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

i have checked the fat free versions in my area and they are all high in acutal sugar. I have not seen the aspartame sweetened versions at all. I keep looking because everyone talks about them but even the very expensive grocery stores here don't carry the sugar free puddings....

oh well
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 16:07
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb34
i live in Toronto and i can't find sugar-free pudding mixed anywhere. Can someone let me know if it's sold in Canada?

Deb

They must sell Jello puddings in Toronto, the jello light pudding is sugar free, it's got asparatame in it but it's sugar free. Have you maybe been looking for some exotic brand when plain ole jello diet pudding is all you need In my stores it's right next to all the jello - they usually have vanilla, butterscotch and chocolate - no lemon or bannana.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 16:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/223/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 34%

You can make your own pudding with whipped cream, tofu and sugar free jello (I like the lemon). Less carbs than the pudding and fresh tasting. I also make chocolate pudding with whipped cream, high fat chocolate powder that I get from nutters, a bit of instant coffee and splenda. Again, less carbs and tastes as good.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-05, 09:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot-top
You can make your own pudding with whipped cream, tofu and sugar free jello (I like the lemon). Less carbs than the pudding and fresh tasting. I also make chocolate pudding with whipped cream, high fat chocolate powder that I get from nutters, a bit of instant coffee and splenda. Again, less carbs and tastes as good.

Hmmmmm, that sounds yummy. Have you posted the proportions/recipe anywhere in the Kitchen forum by any chance?
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 04:58

BF:

I usually make "pudding" myself, too. I've never bought the low-fat/sugarfree Jello pudding mixes. I use heavy whipping cream and beat it with a hand mixer (like making whipping cream) and then add unsweetened cocoa powder and a combination of 1/2 splenda and 1/2 sugar twin. It's a chocolate mousse, actually, but it's quite thick. I've also used sf davinci syrups (lime or raspberry), vanilla extract, coffee and peanut butter
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 05:01

BF:

Oh, yeah - just remembered Make up a batch of jello (gelatin) in a blender using the quick method (ice cubes instead of cold water) BUT use 1/2 the amount of ice recommended and fill up the space around the ice cubes in the measuring cup with heavy cream. Creamy Jello
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 08:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/223/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 34%

I don't have proportions. I use about 1 cup of whipped cream, splenda to taste, choclate to taste, about a tsp of coffee. WHip the tofu and cream separately, combine then add flavorings.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-06, 21:22

Plan: low carb
Stats: 16/16/10 Female 71
BF:

Thanks for the recipe! I'm a Yank recently up here in Canada and am becoming very frustrated not finding a lot of sugar-free goods that I'm used to. I've hit a few different places to try to find sugar-free pudding. I'm sure the homemade recipe with heavy cream will taste a whole lot better.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-06, 11:48

Plan: South beach
Stats: 255/235/145 Female 5'5 in
BF:
Progress: 18%

Im also a yank in Canada ,,Im in BC lower maine Land nears the Rockies .. let me know how you do fineings lc things ine the stores where you are
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-06, 18:24

Plan: South Beach (mostly)
Stats: 275/254/165 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I'm also from the States... too funny. Been here a little over four years now. Luckily, all of my favorite foods that I miss are all terrible for me. Luckily they don't have red vines up here. At least not the original type, just the strawberry and other flavors. Ick.

So the way I see it, all things that are terrible for me, that I love, are in the States. And most of the things that aren't available up here are processed and have additives like sugar alcohols, which I can't digest well anyway. So Canada keeps me cheat free. I guess I like to see the glass as half full in this case.

Also, check out the low carb yellow pages on this website. It lists a lot of places to find prodcuts in both of the areas that you live.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-06, 20:14

Plan: South beach
Stats: 255/235/145 Female 5'5 in
BF:
Progress: 18%

I was just in Ab 2 weeks ago I have to say I was looking for sugar free pudding and yoqurt noyhing here in Cranbrook