Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 06:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/portion control
Stats: 147/120/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default New "shorties" Challange for wk of May 16...

Here we are..I know its Friday...the 13 !!!!

I'll start: This mornings wt. was 124...(not changing my stats, I think it is water wt., will post every Friday (wt.)

Menu today:

B/L - 12:30 - 2 hd. boiled eggs, mustard, celery and two cherry tomatoes.

D- chicken in the crockpot, w/mushrooms, celery, onions and broccoli (2 cups veggies)

S - s/f jello, homemade whip cream (if I need it)

Lets go girls...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 07:23
LC Bridezilla

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 122/99/105 Female 62 inches
BF:Who/Cares
Progress: 135%

Okay, I'm here! I don't have any weight to lose but I'm gonna post my support for other shorties. My menus are different than yours so I'm not gonna post those.

Good luck Shorties!!!!.

Edited to Add: Don't forget your water chickies!!!! Try to make a goal out of that too...let's say the goal is at least 64 oz for now. If you do more than that great!!!!

Happy Friday the 13th!!!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 07:28
LC Bridezilla

Okay, so Whitney has a question about initial weight loss when you are working out. I think that if you work out more, you tend to get dehydrated, so your body holds onto water. Drink, drink, drink your water if you are working out so that you can flush that, and your water weight, down the toilet!!!!

For those of you with questions on how I did it...here's the "skinny" (every pun intended) from my journal:

For those wanting to know my Atkins routine, it was as follows.

1. I never did a true induction. I stuck to 30g per day and ate off of the Acceptable Foods List with the addition of a few nuts and some berries. It helped me with the boredom and the weak feeling as I exercise religiously.

2. I drank absolutely NO ALCOHOL for a month. It says not to on induction and why would anyone NOT follow the rules anyway? I understand pressure, but that should not drive you to drink any more than it should drive you to binge...period...it's just the lesser of two evils to me.

3. I drank my water. Sometimes it was in the form of Crystal Light (aspartame does not stall me) or Carb Options Decaf Iced Tea. But I made sure I was fully hydrated. It just makes sense.

4. I exercised. 5 days a week with cardio everyday, 30 minutes, and light weight training on Mon, Wed, and Friday. Rest days are important.

5. I ate around 1200 calories for the day. I never went under that. To do that would put your body into starvation mode and that is just as bad as being metabollicaly resistant. It's also just plain wrong when you can eat well and still lose. EAT people.

6. Yes, I ate when I was hungry. I am hypoglycemic and will actually faint if I don't eat every few hours. This includes before bed. If I'm hungry, I eat...although if it's late at night, I make sure it's protein and not something empty and sweet.

I hope that this gives you a good idea on how I did it. It only took me a month to lose 20lbs. I went from a size 6 to a size 1 (was aiming for a 2 but my body shape changed a little). The last few came off later and now I'm trying to maintain this weight healthily.

Good Luck chicas!!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 07:32

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 168/163/128 Female 5'1.5''
BF:44%/44%/22-28%
Progress: 13%

Hi,

We didn’t explain the goals of this challenge or who can join on this link. Am I correct to assume that it targets short women ( under 5’4’’ or so) who don’t have much to lose (15 lbs or so)?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 08:04
LC Bridezilla

Maybe you shouldn't set it so specific. Keep it to people that have only a little to lose but I wouldn't put on a height restriction. There are so many people out there who have only a little to lose and don't feel like they have any support that, to put a height restriction on, would turn away alot of people with the same goals as you (15 lbs or so)
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 09:22
Registered Member

BF:

Come one come all, I'm with Kryssi, It gets harder to find support (or sympathy) for those of us that have 10 or so pounds to go...so lets be accountable and drink our water ( I do have min. 64 oz. inc. is my green tea)

A co-worker who is on Low Carb gave me a aquafina flavorsplash citrus blend no carb (made w/splender) bottle ...I'll try that with lunch today.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 09:47

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%

well it looks like I have 15 lbs to lose. Well Ia m drinking about 90 oz of water a day....guess I need more.....
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 11:46

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 168/163/128 Female 5'1.5''
BF:44%/44%/22-28%
Progress: 13%

I don't lose when my average calories goes over 1400 daily. On some days I have more apetite than others and I don't mind if some days are at 1600 cals and others at 1000 cals. But lately, I think my average calories are up so I think I will try to cut a little 100 calories where I can and see what happends. 100 calories is not that much, it might be a glass of wine or a tablespoon of peanut butter...

I agree with the alcool thing. I don't drink much but my calories are a little higher when I have a glass of wine with my meal... and that's when it doesn't start a sugar craving. When the craving hits, there is no telling where the calories will stop!

Yesterday: 1766 calories.
I don't know if I will do better today but I will try. I will eat outside tonight so my calories counts will be less precise...
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 13:36

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%

I am trying to keep cals between 1200-1300 in order to keep losing. I hope it works since I am up 5 lbs!! Oh well I will let you all know what happens. I am going to weigh tomorrow and avoid the rest of the weekend and week since I am taking provera to start my TOM.....I know I will be up and down with my weight and I care not to see it refelected on the scale
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 14:31
Registered Member

BF:

I'm not getting notified by email??? whats up with that??

Have a great weekend, can't post till Monday (no computer)!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 03:49

Plan: my own
Stats: 149/150/130 Female 159cm
BF:30%/27%/18%
Progress: -5%

Hello all, I just started a thread just like this one... well I did know there would be one like his somewhere..I am 5'4 an want to lose 8kg of fat..but, as I said in my previous post I am flat broke at the moment so I can't stock up on lc goodie, I have a stack of protein bars and tinned fish and frozen meat, some eggs 'til payday but luckily I will have a three day weekend starting the dya after payday... Krissy you aer a gem, I am interested you stayed at 30g of carbs, I might need to have a few more carbs han the 20g for induction because I am taking creatine to boost my workouts and need to have some carbs with it but as that will be around the time I workout I am not too worried about it...
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 05:51
LC Bridezilla

Hello Jezebel, thank you so much for that compliment! I truly believe that if you only have a few lbs to lose and are working out regularly, you should have more carbs. But, keep those carbs healthy like in the form of nuts or berries. Don't move up the ladder too much. Save the grains for maintenance...it really made a difference to my loss.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 08:21
Registered Member

Plan: selt monitered
Stats: 130/112/102 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone! I am a shorty too...5 ft and doing backwards atkins! Just started induction after 2 months maintanence...! While I havent lost anything yet on induction I am not hungry at all....as a matter of fact I dont even think I ate 700 calories yetsterday but I just didnt feel good. I ate a decent breakfast this AM though because I dotn want to get into the habit of doing that
  #14   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 16:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, low cal
Stats: 122/107/98 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!

Can I join?!? I am 4'11". I have 10 pounds left to lose. I fell off the low carb wagon 7 months ago and gained 10 pounds back

So here I am starting again and worrying that I wont lose the weight since I had my one "golden shot" (I hear you dont lose the second time around or lose slower)

I think we should also post some fun tips for shorties!!
My goal and lowest weight is 97 pounds. I looked great then. Right now though I just cant wait for my skinny jeans to fit again.

I think we can all do this if we just stick with it nd help each other out. Maybe we can start by setting some mini goals?

Anyways, nice to meet all of you! And Krissy - you have such good advice and I love it because you don't come accross as someone who acts like she is a know it all, you speak from experience

Rachel
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 06:32
Registered Member

BF:

Good Morning all, I still am not getting notified by email

Hope I don't loose this site all together!

Todays Menu:

B/L - mug of green tea, chicken breast, 1 carrot, 1/2 onion low sodium chicken broth

D - another chicken breast, spinach (1 cup)

Not feeling well, TOM is starting any day now