Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#436   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-21, 07:52

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

The Spring sun is shining and it's going to be a beautiful day! I may venture out this afternoon. I have a hankering for good Greek yogurt, so may go to the grocery store and check out options. It's chilly this morning, so I'll wait until this afternoon to get out and about. Weatherman says the next 4-5 days will be cold and windy, but starting next Tuesday.....woohoo...mid 50's every day! It may be time to start pondering my return to outdoor walking/running.

Scale down a couple more tenths.....tomorrow will be back up a few tenths. No worries....holding steady in my goal range. I'm still counting calories on My Fitness Pal and enjoying it. It gives me something to do. I'll probably abandon it once I get busy with golf etc. I try to have between 1500-1600 calories a day, watch the carbs(try to stay below 50 grams) and around 100 grams of protein. That is Pahla's calorie recommendation, though she doesn't worry about grams of carb. I feel very satisfied at that amount with plenty of energy.

Congrats on the job Jaz. I hope you like it and I'm so glad you'll have insurance. I worry about your "blank" episodes as you describe them. Hope it resolves soon.

Nic.....good for you on your PB improvement! Much more fun when you can make some good shots on your opponents!

Trig.....like your DD, all my cousins are much older and I really don't know any of them. Since I came on 14 years after all my siblings, they had the cousin time and they were all grown till I came along.

----------

That's about it from here. I got a piece of BBQ pork tenderloin out of the freezer and will make that for DH for dinner along with some kind of potato. Easy. I'll probably eat 1 of my Factor meals. Later this morning I'll do my Pahla B. workout....it's a strength one today....moderate dumbbells. Then a shower and decide if I'm going to run to the grocery store or not. I'm pretty content at home for the most part.....until golf season, that is!
Sponsored Links
  #437   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-21, 10:22

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies! Wed!

I feel rested and employed! - 4 weeks to go, until I begin a new job.
I am a bit bummed it is not in Charleston. However, I did present it to the universe that the right position would present itself. I also din't want to force a square peg into a round hole (ie..Charleston gig) if it wasn't the right fit ...

So I am going to hang here for a few months until I decide where I want to land. My job was ok as long as I am in GA. I can go anywhere in GA.
I love it here but it is VERY geriatric here, and not alot to do. There is very little shopping, or anything really here- except beach. So at some point I need to land in a community.
I am tossing around some thoughts. Believe it or not- a few suburbs out of Atlanta North- come to mind. I know I said I would never go back- HA.
I wouldn't not be commuting though, and not going downtown. So maybe.
It would be an hour from my DD/kids. Plus more to do and a beach is only 4 hours away, the mountains are 2 hours. Looking at the maps.

Hey- WOE- right on point. I am happy- I have lost most of my inflammation bloating from the fall.
blanking- So it is more like I am talking and will stop mid sentence looking for the word I want and I "blank" on the word. It is truly a result from TBI.
I read it can take a few months to fully recover. The acute portion is over or mostly. 2nd day no headache. I still have my nose in a bandage and my right foot/ big toe will take a minute to heal.

Trig- I know you are a happy camper with the flip of heat and warm. Although yesterday was wet and not great. The rest of this week is supposed to be great.

Has your bro left yet? I too wondered if your kiddo has cousins.

Nic- so cool you were able to help out your neighbor with some sitting help with kids. I am wondering if it bothers you to be around kids who could spread covid?
I ask because my grandson started preK a few weeks back. That was a discussion in our family about kids and school and all it entails. sighhhhhhhhhh I will be SO happy when this is a memory.

How is everything else in your world?!?!?!
I am glad that your DD- has some options for renting for a year. your are right- next year at this time, they will have options.
What is the status of empty nesting????????
I know you will love it.

Lori- - I love being at home too! I am glad you love your nest! Nothing is better than having a home base! I am sorta struggling with that right now- where to call home. Although for right now I am cool.
Do you like those Factor meals? You are right, for OMAD- I would not be happy with a 700 cal dinner.
Do you make crack slaw ever? I am addicted to that!

Blue- speaking of crack slaw- (you gave me the recipe)- hope you are well!!!
-------------------------------------------------
Not much else-
Time to get outside a bit. cloudy and cooler today but not raining!
I am now on the "CLOCK"......... so I need to enjoy my time.

Looking forward to insurance!
Back later-

WOE- left over Crack slaw-
I actually modified the recipe- I now take taco meat and add a bag of slaw. DONE-
  #438   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-21, 04:39

BF:

Good Morning!

Ho hum......another day. One day closer to the end of this cold weather! I'm over it! I didn't end up going out yesterday....I knew if I went to the grocery store for yogurt, I'd end up with other stuff that we don't need, so just gave up the idea. I had the most delicious Factor meal yesterday. It was a chicken enchilada(no tortilla) dish with riced cauliflower. The chicken was so tender and good with the most delicious green chile sauce. Yum! I'll definitely be ordering that one again sometime. Not sure what I'll have tonight.

Quick one this morning....just another boring day. I hope you all have a great day!
  #439   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-21, 07:04

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

gearing up to head to mom's for shop/visit

have to stop at walmart on the way. Kid needed some art school stuff for a project the other day.....walking thru I grabbed up a very cheap, light material sweatpant and got 1 size down...smaller Oh yea they fit great. I am throwing out my big sweats and stopping at walmart on way to moms to get about 4 more pairs of these lightweight sweats. omg so great for my camping life. Size is 12/14.....WEE WEE I got a darn !!!!! 12 !!!!! on the label of one of my clothes items HAHA
well sweatpants HAHA but still, I see a 12 there LOL

ok back later to chat
be good everyone

sun and warmer temps is making a whole new person out of me!
finally!!
  #440   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-21, 08:24

BF:

SKIES ARE BLUE= BEACH DAY TODAY!

Woke up to the bluest deep blue sky! Kid is getting ready and we are heading to beach today. We are also going to go to Jekyll Island later this afternoon to meet up with a friend of mine. I met him and his wife in Athens.
He owns some land on a private island nearby....... He is cool to take my kid back packing and kayaking. Today we will meet him to discuss the over night for him on Sun. My friend is renting a boat and wants DS to meet the Captain and go over the itinerary for the weekend.

I am staying here as my foot is still jacked up and can't get wet and I just don't think my head would tolerate a boat ride and camping at this point. However my son will love it.

Trig- I am so happy for you on the new "size"!!!! Isn't that thrilling!!!! Hey I love Walmart leggings and own about 6 of them. Have you seen the soft leggings they have?

Isn't it amazing what some warm weather and sunshine will do for a mood. I was grumpy yesterday- it rained all day and I was thinking about moving from here. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Love you are out and about with mom!

Lori- - I swear Spring is around the corner for you!!!! Granted you get it a month after us, but it is coming.
You will be in gear with golf club in hand in a blink!

NIC/ Blue - updates!
-----------------------------------------------
After serious thinking about where to plant.... I was back and forth about being closer to kids vs staying here.

I love here and it makes me happy. I really don't care if it is mostly retired folks here.......... It makes me happy. I could see myself here in 10 years retired. Why not now?
Making it happen. I am staying. The lady at the office said there is an apt coming up in this complex at a really great price that includes the HOA fees. So I am hopeful I can snag it before other people.

So I guess I was going back and forth about "should" rather than what makes me happy NOW.
This is such a new concept. LIVE MY LIFE - not for my mom, kids, or anybody else. Just what makes me happy now!

WOE= feeling great. I really ate well yesterday and it was fresh salmon and leftover crack slaw. I was very satisfied. It is heavy beef and a "touch" of slaw for crunch.

I am totally on plan here and slowly losing bloat and feeling so much better everyday.

Have a great one- back later
  #441   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-21, 07:04

BF:

Lori, sounds like you are loving your Factor meals. You are scoring good on your trying these meal delivery places. Cool, so much less time and thought into what is for dinner and cooking!!

what is on your agenda today?

Jazz.....we always said do you. It needs to be that way or you will never feel settled or content, always that bit of 'I wish or what if'.......you are very smart to DO YOU and live where you want. more retirement area, no big deal, you being younger will search out the more 'younger crowd' around the longer you live in an area you find out these things plus you can drive a bit for more action too if wanted, but in the end, you love that place then you live there and enjoy that place and make your work fit around you.

We can't live for others. It never works out well for a person doing that if they truly desire something else ya know......I like you new found self care you want for yourself!!!

And snap up a condo? as in buy one? very cool!!! and the nice thing is if you ever wanna sell, a beach condo in that area you will unload in a flash! A no brainer easy real estate buy for you

OK where is Nicco?

Hey all
nothing doing
little this and that
hubby working later in the day with his car thing
I got laundry going
have to vacuum some and other crap to handle, as we all do boo
chilly but big sun and should warm up....wee...my mood is improving day by day!

got a big Tbone steak for later with brunch meal. dinner, hmm, chicken or burgers probably. my Tbone is a monster so 2nd meal shouldn't be huge LOL

all good here....just doing my thang!
fab day to all
  #442   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-21, 07:08

BF:

Good Morning!

OMG....so tired this morning. I woke up before 4AM and once Gabby knew I was awake, she came in to get me up. Sigh......gonna be a long day. I need to go do my workout because I feel like I could fall asleep at any minute.

A workout, a hot shower, a nap....that's my day in a nutshell.

Hope you all have more ambition than I do! Have good days!
  #443   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-21, 07:45

BF:

Lori, omg that is your agenda today? wow you got nailed by Gabby for sure

your kitty devil is getting you LOL

a nap so soon, yea I get that tho, some days in winter I got the 'super sleepy times' and just can't even keep the eyes open.....cold drags us down but we also all don't have the cat changing our sleeping for us

eh, enjoy the day any way ya want right? that is the luxury of what we have at this point in our lives...not a darn thing wrong with that

enjoy your whatever ya make it day!!!
  #444   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-21, 08:16

BF:

Good Morning ladies!

Another beautiful day in paradise- seriously. You know my son is still here and can't believe how beautiful it is. He is from Ohio- rain and cloudy most days of the year. So I didn't get much sympathy on my "where to live quandary"
I told him this morning I am staying and he said I would be crazy not to.
Granted it isn't action Jackson here and that is ok.

We are hitting up the beach this morning and biking this afternoon and beach again. We are also thinking about Island hopping too!
Pure sun and sand is THE agenda today.

Trig- My meals would be Trig approved the last few days. I am really digging beef lately, craving it really.
I am not into pork as much.

Did you pick up any shorts for this summer at Walmart in your smaller size. I will tell you it is a great place to buy clothes when you are transitioning. Granted Walmart is not designer- but it works for me. I am going to be working from home anyway. I love to be comfortable.
Day of going to an office/ hospital are over for me for a long time.

You are going to the outer banks right? What part? I know you are itching to go!!!!!

Lori- Goodness, I hate getting up that early. It just sorta kills motivation for the rest of the day. Hopefully you can get in a nap in the morning and be fresh for the rest of the day.

What is your area like right now? Sunny? Warm?
When is sis coming?
Did you ever ask her is she wanted to come on here and say hi?

NIC/ BLUE- updates-
----------------------------------------------
I am still nursing that wound on my foot. I ripped it up good down to the muscle. So I still am having to keep it out of water and keep it under a bandage. It is slowly coming along.
My face is mostly healed now and my head feels almost 100%.

I NEVER want to go through that again. I still think about it. urghhhhhhhh- my angels came though again. I swear whoever my angels are got the short straw!

Beef and salmon today and tomorrow, green beans as a side for me if wanted.

Puttering around like a true beach bum right now. Nothing pressing and everything revolves around water, sun and sand. I love it.
I am having a live and let live moment.

ROCK ON KIDS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Mar-05-21 at 09:27.
  #445   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-21, 19:41

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Checking in real quick w personals tomorrow. All is well here. Played pickleball on Thurs and it went really well. Today did some stuff on the to-do list, read a book, did some diamond painting and some house cleaning. Keeping busy.
  #446   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-21, 04:45

BF:

Good Morning!

Plugging along here. Another cold, breezy day, but warmer days are coming next week. I may even get the golf clubs out and do some swinging in the back yard. I don't think the course will be in any shape to play after all the snow melt. Wednesday may hit 60 degrees! I have to spend a couple hours at the dentist Wednesday morning....ugh. Have to have an old filling replaced and then a crown put on an root canal I had done a few years ago. I'll be SO glad when it's over. Hate dental work!

We're getting take out for dinner tonight, so no messing around in the kitchen today. I've been eating Factor meals every night and have not had one yet that was not really good. Last night I had sliced pork tenderloin over a bed of cabbage casserole with green beans as a side. The cabbage casserole had a sauce on it that was SO good and the pork was delicious. Really impressed with the quality of the meals. Two minutes in the microwave and dinner is ready....love it!

Have a great day everyone!
  #447   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-21, 06:08

BF:

Lori, wow sounds like those meals have great quality control and you sure are loving the products! that is so cool, omg the less amt of cooking right?

swinging clubs....ok, now that is a sign that if Lori in PA is bringing out her clubs then we got early spring on its way!!

ohh, dental stuff, hate it just like you, hope it goes fast and easy for ya!

Nicco, you do sound very busy. Cool, busy is good. But of course don't burn out in any way, but it seems alot of your activity is me time, like the painting and pickleball so it sounds like you are balanced out well.

Jazz, beach bum. omg all my life I have aspired to be a beach bum. my ambition in life, no joke Enjoy the hound out of it!

So are you still considering buying a condo there when one comes up?

We are doing Cape Hatteras National Seashore campground. 1 dune from the ocean, love it and cheap too....6 nights right on the ocean, only $210 for the camp site. Well I mean the savings is great but of course my azz is in a $50K toyhauler trailer HAHA I just love the solitude. It is so quiet, so limited on people around you, entire miles of beaches with like no one, I tell ya the state park camping life is for me always was and always will be.

------------------eating less. wee. finally. my appetite is shifting off heavy hibernation eating all the time to eating less. I got sunshine and warmth coming and changing my mood and food is not as heavy a focus. Winter I focus on it caused bored but now I am dropping that focus a bit.

oh, haven't bought shorts yet Jazz. My old ones are still fitting and ok and I ain't buying anything at all til I really need it.....so right now old shorts. I never go out in public in shorts, I wear capri pants for public....so my more raggy shorts are for camping, etc. where I don't worry about what I present to the world...I do beach bum in full force HA

gray day, rain coming? blah here but gonna go find a little of this and that to do today. hubby off on car work. kid asleep but when I WAKE her in a bit I am asking about school....so many assignments not logged in yet she tells me she did them? who knows, but definitely gonna be on her butt about it all LOL

over and out, be good
  #448   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-21, 09:50

BF:

Hello Ladies!

Trig- I had to laugh and read your post out loud to my kid who is hovering and is chatty this morning. I told him you and your camper are my "living the dream lifestyle"- goes without saying on the beach!!!
I could TOTALLY live in a camper with a truck off to the side! HELL ya!!! - I would so be up and down the coast in it!
I am not one that likes to be "tied" down ya know! If the weather is bad- ya hook up and find another spot.

You sure can't beat 1.) Your place and space 2.) freedom of where you go 3.) The different sights and adventures of life ya know!
I know this life style is not for everybody. It does take a special person to understand the need for the freedom it brings.
But I truly could do what you and the hubby have planned.

Buying a condo here- nope. Will rent one when it comes open. The prices here are just crazy high to own. Average price is 350 for a 2-3 bed/2 bath 3 blocks from the beach. Beach front is close to a mill.
I am in with the property manager here who getting me deals.
I have been here so much she is working with my budget.
The HOA fees here are 400.00 a month!!!!
So for right now I am in a 2/2bath 2nd floor with balcony- everything updated for 1400.00. It includes everything- EVERYTHING, and fully furnished.

Now when the condo opens up for the years lease it will be a 3b/2b- on ground floor. It will include HOA, pools, water, trash for 1100.00 then I pay utilities like cable. That is supposed to open up in 2-3 months and I am first on the list to get it. Which I will. Until then I will crash here and am loving it. The unit I will be going to is the next building over.
All this to say I am literally 3 blocks- from beach, in one of the prettiest condo's on the island without having to buy it.
Once I sign that lease though I am "tied" for 12 months to one spot! But I will get to go get my furniture and my stuff and call it "home" for a minute!

I did the "go to the future" if I leave here and settled for somewhere else. I would be pining to come back here. It is magical.
So here I will rest a bit and work for a minute and save a few pennies and see how it all plays out.

Sorry you got me all excited about your camper and going to Cape Hatteras!!!!!! I can so see it!!!!! So much fun! Do you have a pass for the national parks? You can stay up to 30 days right?
I passed the park/campsite you were at yesterday on Jekyll Island.
It was almost full. I was loving some of those campsites and how people deck them out. Some of these people stay the month!!!

FUN FUN FUN -
Yup- we mom's have to push these kids here and there at times. It doesn't end when they are adults either. Although I pretty much don't pry unless ask.

Lori
- YAY of brushing off those clubs! Do you have a closet full of skorts? I just ordered 2 for here, they are the athletic ones you can use beach, tennis, golfing. They have a little side pocket for the phone/ credit card ect. I think they are very slimming.

I think its very cool you found a meal box that works for you. You know when you find something that works- hang on to it. I am all about what makes life easier right now!
I eat so simply these days, but there are still dishes and pots and pans ect.
I just don't trust myself to eat out right now! But then again you are very GOOD about portions and all that.

When is sis coming?

Nic-- I was happy to see your quick check in. Sounds like life going at a happy pace for you!!!! Glad to see you are back at pickle ball and getting your house Spring ready!!! Isn't that a great feeling?!?!?

Blue
- hope you are well!!
------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was nice! We went to Jeykell Island. It is a 20 min drive off this island to another island involving a suspension bridge. It is quite beautiful to get to the top and see all the boats, Marina and marsh land for miles.
Each island has it's one "flavor". Jeykell is more desolate and less crowded and natural. It has miles of just beach, dunes, and nature preserves. It is way more laid back and thrives in beauty.
My Island is more of a community with 2 groceries and stores, pubs, restaurants. There is a gold course, and community center, and several churches here. Not so on Jeykell, which also requires a toll/pass of 8.00 a day. I will be getting a yearly pass. I love that beach more. The sand is more silky and it is way more private because it is not "free". Well worth every dime.

Today is the only day we are supposed to have clouds and windy. A good day for shopping for the kid. DS was ask to to go another island with a friend of mine who has several cabins and go kayaking for the weekend.
He is going with my blessing to Cumberland Island, leaving Sunday and returning Tue. morning.
It is a private island and my friend is coming with his boat to pick him up and do some "guy" stuff. He is very excited. you can only get to this part of the island by invitation only.
I was invited first but declined this time due to the fact I am not just ready for the rugged hiking. My foot is not ready. I am not sure how I would do yet on a speed boat.

I have lost 5 pounds- knocking on wood. It is the same "bounce house weight I have lost and regained a million times. But at least I FEEL the bloat is gone.
I made a pot roast yesterday and settled in for a bowl of meat and was happy as a lark. I have plenty of leftover for today.
I am loving beff right now. I am SO SO listening to my body. Sleep when tired, push lemon water, eat beef.
I feel great.

Ok- I am rambling now- time to head out. Yes- cloudy, but still beach walkable before heading off Island to mainland for shopping at Dicks Sporting goods.

ROCK ON...........

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Mar-06-21 at 10:03.
  #449   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-21, 10:22

BF:

Jaz.....you sound SO good and happy! Makes my heart smile! Your son is going to have a great time camping and you will enjoy a couple days of quiet. Good for both of you.

My Sis is not coming here, I'm going there.....on March 15. DH gets his 2nd "C" vaccine on the 12th and I want to be sure to be here for the few days after in case he has any side effects. He had none from the first dose, but I just want to be here in case he needs me.

Trig....your camping adventure in April sounds awesome. Beach bum is a great life for sure!

Nic & Blue.......

-------

We had heavy snow showers this morning.....enough to coat the grass and sidewalks, but it is all melted now. The flakes were huge! DH is visiting Betty and will be home soon for lunch. I need to get upstairs and get my exercise done, get a shower and then figure out what else to get into. I'm having chicken cordon bleu for dinner tonight and DH is having beef tenderloin. We bought fund raising tickets from a local organization and the tix include a take out dinner from a nice restaurant here in town. I'll pick the dinners up between 4 & 4:30 this afternoon. That was the latest pick-up time available. I like to eat dinner early, so that will suit me fine. I usually eat my Factor meal around 4 and then I don't eat again until the next day. Gives me a nice long time between dinner & breakfast or lunch the following day. Our dinner tonight also includes a dessert, but depending on what it is, I may just save it for DH to have another day. It's going to have to be special for me to waste calories on it.

Time to workout. Bye!
  #450   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-21, 16:00

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Lori- Like you, I am excited about the upcoming nice days. I went out to poop scoop today and it looked so sunny and beautiful. I ended up in a coat, hat and gloves because the wind made it so cold! Bring on the 60s!

Really glad you have liked your Factor meals so much!

Trig- Yup, definitely getting the Me time in. Sort of an embarrassing amount of Me time at the moment!

The campground at Cape Hatteras sounds really good!

Jaz- Glad you clarified about rent/buy. I thought you were thinking about buying already!

350 for a 3 bed near the beach sounds pretty amazing to me. 350k here gets you a condo or possibly a townhouse NOT near the beach!

I am definitely wanting to see Jekyll and St Simons one day, based on your descriptions of them. The whole area sounds so nice!

Congrats on being five pounds down! That is a lot!

•••••

Not all that much to report here. Just sort of going along, doing my thing. Got the to do list done, some reading, some show watching, etc.

Living a happy but boring life, I guess!