Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 15:26
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%
Default New Challenge.. looking for ideas...this might be fun too

Hi Everyone

I'm in a challenge... and I'm trying to set my goals. I'm doing something different and I'd like your suggestions.

I'm kinda in a funk/rut, call it what you will.. not every day.. and it's not TOO bad, but for a very "half full" person like me.. it's time to make some changes.

I'm trying to shake things up a little, so I'm thinking part of my challenge will be to do something I haven't done before either weekly or bi-weekly. Doesn't have to have anything to do with food or exercise.. could be a play, hot air balloon ride, ANYTHING.. so I'm looking for ideas. It could also have to do with food or exercise.. dance class, learning a receipe (currently I'm good at breakfast and suck for everything else).

Here are a few ideas I received from someone. I'd like to triple this list. I bet a lot of us could benefit by doing something like this.

1. Rent a metal detector and go to the beach or park.

2. Go to a flea Market.

3. Get a tattoo

4. Treat yourself and rent a really neat car that you could never afford to buy.

5. Bake cookies and give them away to someone who needs cheering up.

6. Buy something very different at the deli to try.....snake meat? Pickled pigs feet?

7. Go walk barefoot on the lawn, lay down and watch the clouds for half an hour.

8. Call someone you haven't talked to in a couple of years.

Well.. that's it for now.. all suggestions encouraged and welcomed!! I put this in my journal.. and it created a fair amount of interest, so I'm not the only one I guess who has thought along these lines.

Mike
Sponsored Links