Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-24, 13:47

Plan: IF+HP+Cycling+Stillman
Stats: 148/147/130 Female 5’6”
BF:29%/27%/20%-25%
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Umm, that protein does seem low to me now. Maybe because you don’t need to lose much fat? Marty's starting Macro formula is lower in protein too, I just keep on with what works for me.

I could not sign up for Hava as it required a Google account..or something like that? I tried to fill out their comment form which had 100s of questions ( I exaggerate for effect like Naiman now) think I finished it, but yet to hear back. Likely messed that up too. Foiled by technology.

I don’t have a Google account. It was confusing to sign up, but I just ignored the Google account field and it did work for me. That process did ask a ton of questions about me…I don’t know what they did with the responses!

The iOS app has rudimentary food logging with what appears to be a crowd-sourced database (with over 100 chicken breast options, none of which agree on nutrients or satiety score). It feels like myfitnesspal in the crowd-sourcing days but without the ease-of-use features. It also has a chatbot, which might be pretty well-trained on nutrition (the chatbot had a sensible understanding of chicken breast nutrients which did not match any of the data in the food database). I asked the chatbot why my protein level was so much lower than the P:E Diet recommendations, and it told me that 98g is the typical recommendation for an average height male. If I wanted to follow a specific diet, I should work with a dietician or nutritionist to determine appropriate macros. There does not appear to be any way to adjust anything in the app (which knows I am female, along with my height and weight and goals). The chatbot does not appear to know anything about the app itself. It provides generic suggestions when you ask for help, then responds “What a pickle you are in!” when its generic suggestions don’t apply. Not my sense of humor, but that could just be from the large language model they use (I would have preferred a straightforward “Sorry, I am designed to provide nutritional expertise, not application support.”).

I like Andreas. I have supported DietDoctor for many years. I hope this shapes into something useful for someone. For now, based on what I can figure out, you aren’t missing anything!

I had noticed that Marty doesn’t think we should increase protein…rather that protein % should go up by reducing everything else? I guess I don’t get the notion that we should be more satisfied by just eating less!

I am hopeful others will jump in with some secret to making hava more useful. In the meantime, I am providing feedback to the app.