Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-11, 14:42
Registered Member

Plan: x
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Wink It's not as complicated as I make it seem

Okay, I'll admit it. When I was trying to think of a title for this post, Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical" immediately leapt into my head. What is wrong with me?

The fact of the matter is, I just decided to LC today, and I decided to do it in an effort to lose the fat that's covering up all the muscles I'm toning up from working out. I took a HUGE leap of faith at the end of January, and paid a full year of gym membership in advance. Mostly because I'm so cheap, I know I'd never pay almost $400 for something and then not use it. If they charged me monthly, it somehow wouldn't hurt so badly, psychologically speaking, to lose $35/month as to have it all lumped together and to think of it as $400. But that's not to say I'm not overweight. I'm 'fluffy' as my friend likes to say about herself, but LCing is more about defluffing myself so I can see what all my hard work is doing.

I have titanium plates in my arms and legs from an accident awhile back, and I just now got sick of not being to climb the stairs or get out of the bathtub like a normal person. Since my goal is strength rather than weight loss (and I know that sounds weird for a chick to say), I've been lifting M-W-F and doing cardio on T-T. It's working out pretty well for me. I can carry things up the stairs now! My very large cat is no longer afraid for me to pick him up, lol.

I don't know if it's the rod in my femur or the fact that I let myself get so weak (long story that I'll save for later), but I'm finding that I cannot use the elliptical or the exercise bike with no pain. I can't really run, either, so I'm ramping up the incline on the treadmill to make up for that fact. I either use the treadmill for my warm-up on lifting days or walk for about 40 minutes on cardio days. I'm quite proud of the fact that, in about 50 days, I've gone from walking at 2 mph on a level 5 incline for 15 minutes to 2.7 mph on a level 8 incline for 40 minutes. I know I definitely can't run. That's not muscular pain I feel in my knee when I try.

Anyway, I am totally loving the lifting thing. It took about 7 weeks, but, with the help of various websites and lots of trial and error, I think I've hit on a weight workout that should do me for the next couple months. I know you've got to switch things up every few months with lifting, but I hope I can stick with this for more than a week!
Sponsored Links