Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-05, 23:16

Plan: Primal/Paleo
Stats: 255/241/145 Female 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Jaybird's Exercise Journey

Well, it's about time I started a gym log. I'm not actually going to a gym proper, but we have a treadmill that also has a weight bench, and we have a few free weights.

I haven't been doing weights too often maybe a few times a month. Mostly I have been going on the treadmill, or doing prenatal yoga. I did manage to do 50 minutes of yoga today from my Prenatal Yoga dvd. I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I feel so great this pregnancy because I have been so much more active this time around, and much better with my diet and nutrition.

Coming into the third trimester I am starting to lose motivation, but I really want to stay in good shape for labor. I figured this journal would be a great motivator to keep me on track.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 09:42

BF:

Gosh, I've been so bad. Just had to pop into my gym log to confess I haven't been doing an ounce of exercise all week. I've been busy running around shopping, taking Jakob here and there, but no treadmill or yoga.

So, my goal today is to get on the treadmill for 20 minutes and then do yoga for 30 minutes.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-05, 15:09

BF:

Gosh, I haven't posted here in ages and ages. Three months ago I posted, but I was like 6 months pregnant and the summer heat was killing me and thats about when my exercise really slowed down to almost nothing.

Now my baby girl is 4 weeks and so far I've started to walk here and there. Up until today it's just been 15-20 minute walks here and there to the store and back, etc. Today I took a 1 hour walk, pushing Jakob in the stroller and carrying Piper in the Moby wrap. It felt really good...the weather is really nice too.

I hope to start T-Tapping soon. I got the Total Work Out program on DVD etc, and got the skin brushing system that is supposed to tighten skin. I've been doing the skin brushing somewhat consistantly....sometimes it gets left out of the routine now that I have a toddler and an infant. I'm taking the alfalfa which helps clear out the toxins and get rid of the cellulite and an added benefit is that it helps increase my milk supply
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 17:28

BF:

So yesterday I took a 20 minute walk pushing DS in the stroller and holding new little DD Piper in the Moby wrap. Today I took another 20 minute walk, and I managed 20 minutes of T Tapping today. I didn't finish the whole DVD because I was interrupted but I worked up a sweat and my muscles were working.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 17:08

BF:

I went on the treadmill today for 20 minutes....10 minutes of which was very intense interval training, the rest was medium to fast walking. The interval stuff was intense, i had to stop after a while because my lungs were hurting so I resumed a regular pace. Then I did with 5 lb barbells, 12 reps each (yes, I'm a beginner):
Curls, hammer curls, bench press, lateral raises, barbell row, back extension, kick backs

Hope to do abs once Jakob and Piper are both sleeping/occupied.

I'm also reporting to meg_s gym log
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 10:56

BF:

Yesterday, i only managed 10 minutes on the treadmill...it was a crazy day with Jakob i.e. salting and peppering the carpet, jumping on and off furniture, etc.

Today's workout was great:
20 minutes walking/interval training on treadmill
(5 lb dumbells) #reps
Bench press 16
Lat raise 12
Barbell row 16
Back Ext 16
Hammer curls 16
Kickbacks 16
Deadlift 12

For abs I did bicycles to a count of 20

Last edited by jaybird : Sun, Jan-22-06 at 11:28.