Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 07:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Countdown to your Birthday

Whether you're fighting with 20 pounds or 100, if you don't feel healthy and happy for your birthday it's hard to put on the happy face. Every year I promise myself that I will take better care of myself and be the me that I know I can be. Well it's half way through that year and the next one will be 40 (when did that happen). So I've set my goal to be stronger(the dreaded exercise),and to be healthier which for me means LC. So what is your secret to getting motivated to exercise? I would love to have us be able to celebrate each others birthdays, and help ralley each other to have a birthday this year that is great. Low carb birthday cake, new outfit, (pictures please) and of course new attitude. So lets do this together.
My info. I'm 39, stay at home mom, enjoy a good laugh, and aim to be 134 by march, come jion me.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 05:32

BF:
Talking Challenging

So I have made myself a challenge and I've decided that it's time to get honest with myself, scarry thing to do, it's that I'ld like to get in shape. Now what does that mean? What is your goal for your birthday? Is it a number on the scale or on the measuring tape?
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 05:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/156/150
BF:
Progress: 81%

I would be thrilled to just be under 150 pound by my next birthday (July 25th). I too am creeping up to 40, next year will be 39 for me. Even though all the charts say I should weigh 130 I think somewhere around 140 to 150 I will be fine and feel comfortable in my own body and I think that weigth is maintainable. I have about 10 more pound to go before I hit my goal of 150 and I should be able to make that by next July and maybe even weight less.

Wish you the best!!
Karin
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 06:28

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

I would love to be 180 by my next birthday, but that is only a little over a month away. I will settle for being in the 180's!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 16:54

BF:

Karin I don't know who makes up those charts, but I do know, that the ideal weights they state, are unachievable for the the majority of women on this planet. That's probably why we get discouraged when we look at them. Your goal sounds perfect for you, and I'm proud of you for being sensible. Do you exercise and if you do what is your favourite, I like to walk but will never be a runner.

So Talon what's the date, do you have special plans? Your goal of 180's is achievable, that in it's self, must make you feel good.

I've gone a little astray today but coming back here and seeing that you've dropped in has given me new resolve. Write again soon.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 11:00

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

My birthday is Sept 26th. I will very happy if I can get to 185 by then, but I will settle for anywhere in the 180's!

No plans as of yet for my b-day, hopefully it will involve a steakhouse!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 12:22

BF:
Talking Hi Talon

Thanks for posting. You've come so far already, I think that any number you are for your birthday will be one to be proud of. Being from Nova Scotia, my birthdays usually include lobster and more lobster and lots of butter. Yummy. The steakhouse sounds like a yummy idea too.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 05:55
Registered Member

Plan: 20-30 grams daily
Stats: 262/192/140
BF:
Progress: 57%

i am at 212 now my birthday is Dec 6th i would love to see a 1 as the first number in my weight for my birthday what a celebration i would have. thats my birthday goal and wish..
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 05:56

BF:
Talking Birthday Meal

Hello My three sons, the 1 at the front sounds like a wonderful number and I send you a big pre birthday wish that you achieve this goal. I'm so glad that you dropped by, so I gather from your sign in that you have three children. My husband and I have 1 but have two nephews. We own a boat with my brother and it's called the Three Cousin's. What are your celebration plans?
So I've made my suggestion and Talon's made her's, what is your favourite LC birthday meal, is it at a special restraunt or is it something you make for yourself? Cheesecake or is there another recipe that is great and of course what is your goal for your next birthday and what is your best LC secret for getting yourself there?
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
P.S. Hi Talon and Karin.

Last edited by Jo-Ann 2 : Mon, Aug-26-02 at 06:07.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 16:50

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%

Hmmm... my birthday is so far away (next June 13th). That is 290 days away. I've been losing a little over 10 lbs a month but I know that will slow as I get closer to my goal.

I guess my goal is to be in my size 13 jeans. That is around 165 lbs. which gives me 77 lbs to lose between now and then. That is a pound loss every 3-4 days. It also puts me at my half way point on January 19th (the day before my husband's birthday) where I hopefully will be 38.5 pounds lighter or 203.5.

I better write this down.

Shelley
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 17:39

BF:
Talking Hi Shelley

10 lbs a month is terrific. Wow you must have made big changes to your eating to see such great results, congradulations. 165 sounds like a wonderful birthday present to look forward to. You're worth it, and I can appreciate the fact that you've set a mid point goal too. I find I accomplish more in life when I take things in stages. You sound like your well on your way to having your birthday wish come true. Maybe the wish fairy and the whoosh fairy are related????
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 05:00

Stats: 181/156/150
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi Jo-Ann,
Yes, those charts are very discouraging. I doubt I will ever see 135 again in my life time. I am only 5'2" and have very wide shoulders. I can musle up pretty quick too. I do exercise. I walk for 30 minutes 6 days a week, first thing in the morning. This way I can't talk myself out of it . Walking is great exercise. I would love to be a jogger but I am still to heavy for that. Don't like the idea of my body flopping around under my clothes. I also do free weights for upper body every other day. What about you, what are you doing for exercise?

Karin
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 06:19

BF:
Talking Hi

Starting in may each year I race competively on a 29 foot sailboat. Now for those who do not race a little explaination. My job is sailtrim of the jib (side sail), this requires alot of upper body strenght (shoulders and arms) and a good deal of stomach, back and leg strength, you also have to be very agile. I also fly the spinacker ( coloured sail that flies out front of the boat), this requires a keen sense of concentration and and alot of balance, in other words, it's kind of like, wieght training while your dancing. If I'm doing both jobs, it means I'm working out almost the entire race. Races last 45 min's to and hour and we do up to three races a day. Regatta's last anywhere from 2 to 4 days.
I love summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So for the summer I'm in relatively good shape. But then the fall and winter come. Oh no, what does my body do with that muscle, Simply put fat, fat, fat. Help !!!! Sailing ends in October and my birthday is in March, yes that's before sailing starts.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 11:22

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20
Progress: 5%
Talking what a great thread!

My birthday's in May. On the 16th.

By my birthday I want every piece of clothing that is currently in my closet to be too big! I also want to be healthier (no more colds and flu and infection!) and fitter.

A '1' at the beginning of my weight would be awesome.

Alena.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 16:32

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Howdy!

My birthday is in June and I'm hoping to get to AT LEAST below 250 by then. Right now I'm in the middle (actually, hopefully it's the END) of this MAJOR STALL!!! My goal is 200 pounds which at 5'10 is about 25 pounds more than what is recommended by the chart.