Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 20:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Modified
Stats: 254/254/195 Female 5ft11"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Can you have a temperature with IBS

I have been on atkins for abour six weeks and have been having ongoing problems with constipation. For the past few days I have had a pain in the left side of my abomen and today I have been having a fever that seems to be increasing a little every hour. Now at 99.8. I have been going to the bathroom every day but with effort and minor BMs ( sorry, gross, I know). Could this be a symptom of IBS? I feel as if my guts are inflamed, burning on the right side, at the height of my ovary. I have never experienced this kind of pain before. Any comments or ideas of what this might be would be helpful. I do not have insurace, but I am wondering if seen that I have both pain and fever, that I might need to go to the emergency center....Thanks for any help or suggestions :-)

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 21:42
Undercover Goddess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/304.2/180 Female 71 inches
BF:Half Price Special
Progress: 31%

Don't risk it. Go to a doctor. You may be backed up more than you realize.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 10:08

Plan: Yeast Connection
Stats: 152/140/130 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Can you have a temp. with IBS

That is funny you should say that. I had a meeting on Monday and definitely overate-large sandwich, potato salad, and red velvet cake. I don`t eat like this anymore. This was all the place offered for lunch. (Of course, I could have left off the red velvet cake!) Yesterday I had what felt like a knife going in me and kept going to the bathroom. I finally threw up a few times so I thought it was food poisoning or a virus. But then the abdominal pain was horrible! It didn`t feel good to stand up, walk, lay down, or anything. I started running a low grade fever in the afternoon of about 99.6. It didn`t even act like a virus or food poisoning like I have had before. The abdominal pain has now subsided some and the fever is 99.2. I am waiting for it to pass. I do feel better than yesterday. I have had something similar when I overate at a restaurant. It was like the food never would settle. It was the same kind of situation.
Hope this helps!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 18:48
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I agree with Yaberhoo. If you have tummy pain and a fever, please see a doctor as soon as possible.

IBS does not typically result in a fever, but there are plenty of other tummy things that can. So please, get it checked out, and I hope you feel better soon.

Rosebud
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 20:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Modified
Stats: 254/254/195 Female 5ft11"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you for all your replies...the tummy pain became overwhelming during the night and I have just spent all day in ER. After many tests and scans it seems the cause is a fibroidlarger than a baseball plus constipation pressing on all my nerves. Plus it seems the fibroid is a bit inflamed. Henec the slight fever.

I now know what is going on, feel more relaxed, knowing that my intestines are not going to burst any time soon.

Thank you for all your help and support!

PS. In the middle of all this I had a woosh...can you believe it? three pounds dropped off after a three weeks stall. Go figure ?