Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 07:46

Plan: LC
Stats: 252/238/185 Male 5'6"
BF:yep
Progress: 21%
Default Newbie

Hi -

I stumbled across this site while reading about last week's NEJM study online. I have tried low-carb half-heartedly a couple of times, with good results, but did not stick with it. Part of this was the disbelief that this could really work safely -- the result of years of low-fat propaganda.

When people notice what I am eating and ask what diet I am on, I tell them that I am not on any diet, I have just changed the way I eat.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 08:05

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 336/332/250 Male 72
BF:
Progress:

Just ask them how there High Fructose Corn Syrup tastes. =) I really like that response I have started getting odd looks in the office now that I am eating sausage for breakfast and nothing else. Good look with your loss. It seems counter intuitive, but it works! It is all that low fat/calorie counting the world is so used to that makes it seem so odd. The more reading you do the more your paradigm will shift. Results will help too.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 08:38

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Tell them it's your "training" diet. I do that sometimes to get people off my back. It works pretty well - then you can talk about other things.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 08:44
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albnyc
Hi -

I stumbled across this site while reading about last week's NEJM study online. I have tried low-carb half-heartedly a couple of times, with good results, but did not stick with it. Part of this was the disbelief that this could really work safely -- the result of years of low-fat propaganda.

When people notice what I am eating and ask what diet I am on, I tell them that I am not on any diet, I have just changed the way I eat.

Welcome!!

I like the "I have just changed the way I eat"

Good Luck!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 09:05

Plan: ADKINS
Stats: 160/160/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello

I am very new to this site, however not too new to this way of eating. I have not been on the low carb way of eating since 2006 however, in just 6 short months that year i lost 50 pounds. they came back lol go figure. But what i did find about this diet like no other, it that when they came back they werent in the same places. I believe because it is a protein fed diet, it did still leave me with mussle mass and my shape is still sexy compared to before when i weighed this exact weight. But its time to come back. I am a single mother of two, who goes to college full time and has a part time job. i KNOW that this will be a challenge, preparing meals i cant eat and being arond ppl eating pizza for lunch at school and poutines for supper at work. But I am devoted and due to my expereince i know that once in ketosis i will have all the strenghth in the world to realize food isnt worth it. Well hello, i will be on this site often, and just starting today... breakfast is always easy isnt it, pancakes for th kids, meat and eggs for me... but its supper and lunch i struggle with.... sure who cant eat a steak with mushrooms and onions every night, but its not easy.... any advice.?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 10:33
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome! I'm glad you found us!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 11:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/241/160 Female 63inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi every one.
well where does one start on these sites???? Im 29 yrs old i have 3 kids and im married so does that make 4 kids?? LOL i started low carb on june 16 2008 and weighing 255 lbs. im 5ft 3in tall so im a little on the short side. i hated when people would tell me i need to get in shape so i would tell them round is a shape. they didnt like that much. now its 39 days later and i am at 230lbs. so im down 25 and losing a little of the roundness. lol there have been people saying "oh your getting in shape now huh?" I tell them nope im just eatting the way we are suppose to and not eatting all the junk and flour anymore. they look at me like they are confused. But they wanted to knock me down before so why do i have to answer to them. I feel good im not tired any more and when others are eatting there pizza and cake im ok i lost the cravings and i know im gonna be a healther me when im done.