Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 21:58
aznlily68

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Angry will this thigh fat ever go away?!?!

ive been LCing for a while now and I'm quite satisfied but my figure is like a pear and my body is so out of proportion because you can see my ribs in my upper body but my thighs and butt are so fat!
I literally have no bust, nothing on my chest at all and LCing has just been taking from my belly and upper part of my body. And i feel kinda weird cuz i have no fat in that area and it makes me a little scared. I exercise a lot but my fat on my thighs just dont seem to go away....I might even think they're getting bigger.......HELP!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 22:15
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

This thread might give you some answers...

How Fat Moves About

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 00:45

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I hear ya, sister!

I can see my collarbone now, ribs more noticeable, belly much smaller, face smaller, but thighs are almost the same--after 20 lbs!! I've lost 22 inches over all, and only 2 of those from my thighs (1 for each). Not happy about that, but it WILL HAPPEN!! I think 2 things:

1--seem to go from top to bottom (ie head to toe) in weight loss

2--last fat on, first fat off

I usually gain in my face last, so it was the very first place to notice a loss, butt and thighs been big for a LONG time

Take care and don't lose the faith

N.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 05:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Me too.

I even have pictures of me in high school, perfect weight...in jeans...and THERE are those saddlebags. My saddlebags are the last place I ever lose weight. Even at goal weight their there, just not so bad.

I think it's a hereditary thing. There are some things that will just never get fixed, even at goal weight and when you go to the gym every day. Some people look into the plastic surgery option for this kind of thing, and others are perfectly happy with what they are regardless.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 05:29

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%
Progress: 29%

I see by your profile that you're 15. Your bust may get larger as you get older. Your weight is already good for someone your height. Are you exercising regularly?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 08:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

My thighs were the LAST thing to start to budge. I would lose inches everywhere else...but they would stay the same. I'm proud to say now, though, after three months...I've lose a half and inch in each. Big whoop.

We may just have to face facts. Some women have large hips/thighs. Just strive for your body's best.

Tricia
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 09:48

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know

Even at my all-time lowest adult weight of 125 (at 5'8), I still have saddle bags. All I need to do is look at my mother to know why. Something I have no control of! The only thing that would get rid of them is a surgeon's lipo-vacuum (which I know I'd never do, but I can't say I'm not tempted, LOL...)
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:53
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

MIne seems to be my stomach. No matter what I do or weigh - still have a flabby stomach.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 15:03

Stats: 252/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

I heard stuff like pilates is good for those areas maybe if you got a tape like that to work out to.
I also heard that when you lose weight you do lose from the top and then it heads down just give it time
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 15:21

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know

As good as Pilates feels, and even though it will strengthen your muscles, all studies have shown that there is no such thing as spot reducing! If only that weren't true! You may naturally lose fat more quickly in some areas than others, but you can't choose. You can, however, have very strong muscles under the layer of fat. Doing exercises that highlight particular areas in the hopes of losing fat there in particular will only end up being frustrating. Stronger, toned muscles don't make that particular fat disappear, though more muscle tissue can help burn more calories, therefore burning more fat overall.

The only way to lose fat from stubborn places (besides the aforementioned lipo!) is by losing more fat, period. BTW, when I was 125 lbs., I was very low body fat %, did Pilates, Yoga, weight lifting, and ran five miles a day! The only way they would have disappeared is if I had gone down to an unhealthy weight, and probably had a chicken neck, pop eyes, and twig legs (and not the good kind of twig!)
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 22:15

Plan: Old School Atkins
Stats: 000/000/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

My sister, at one time, was 5'5'' and 98 pounds. She had saddlebags. I'm her exact opposite - I carry it all in my stomach, and my legs look good.

Trust me, it's better to have it in your legs than look pregnant!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 22:22

Stats: 169/154.5/147
BF:26/23.7/21
Progress: 66%

I agree with Chelle that research shows there is no such thing as spot reducing.

I have a daughter who is slim as can be but has heavier legs. Sometimes it's just the genes.

All of us want to look good but at times we are our own worst critics. The question is how do you feel?