Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 18:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 297/264.5/180 Female 5'8
BF:3rd/attempt/toLC
Progress: 28%
Default GNC is getting on the Band Wagon

Hey there,

a somewhat pleasent trip to GNC this weekend has left me impressed. I purchased my gold card which is only $10 this month instead of $15. The are carrying many Low carb products now. Of course Atkins Bars and Muffin Mixes (5.99 with gold card) Lots of Carbolite/Carborite Candys & cookies. Mini-Carb bake mixes and pizza crusts. Low carb tortilla chips and soon to have Atkins Ice Cream. He told me the icecream would be a couple weeks. Prices as usual are pretty pricey but atleast these products are accessible, if you choose to have them.

I am in Nanaimo and the store I was at was at Rutherford Mall (Nov 15th) HE said the other stores would have pretty similar items!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 21:03

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Check out the LC products forum. There are posts about several stores stocking LC items in Nanaimo and Parksville. And lots in Victoria.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 10:57

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

GNC in Kingsway Garden Mall in Edmonton has a very large and extensive l/c section, but they are very expensive. Actually, I have noticed that all low carb sections in all stores are increasing. Now if we could have as much success in seeing purer, natural foods (raw milk, grass fed beef, free-range chicken) appear on our market shelves, that would really be worth cheering about.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 12:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/170/170 Male 5'9" and some change
BF:
Progress: 100%

I too have seen an increase in the amount of Lo Carb items at the local GNC. I purchase the banana nut muffin packets. I usually buy a packet every two weeks as a change from the sugar free jello. The price is 5.45 a package usually but there are times when they are red stickered down to 3.85. That's when I purchase a couple of extra packs to take advantage of the savings. But they have the syrups, BBq sauce, Keto Cereals, chips, 3 or 4 varieties of the Atkins bars, the baking products (including the pancake mix), and the other low carb producers other than Atkins brand. Its catching on that there is money to be made from the low carbers. I read on AOL that bakeries and other snack companies are feeling the impact low carb is having on the bread sales, donuts, snack cakes, potato and tortilla chip salers, and many other flour based food suppliers. I have to think that pizza companies, fast food restuarants, and ice cream merchants are also seeing a dip in sales as of late. I don't feel sorry for these companies because they know they are selling low cost, fattening and artery clogging products to the public. I too was one of these people buying this poison on a daily basis literally killing myself from within. I appreciate this forum and the Atkins Diet New Revolution book for saving my life.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 13:09
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

At the GNC near me, they say this really is all they sell anymore.Tofi is right though... you can really save some $$ in this forums shopping area.