Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 14:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/194/150 Female 70 inches
BF:?/34%/25%
Progress: 8%
Smile OK I am starting over!

OK i have decided I am starting over i am going to do a strick induction, mean no treats no wraps no nothing. i think i will do this for at least a week if not to the allow my self the wraps cause those make life easier for me.
Is there anyone else who has lost thier way like i have and would like to get back on the low carb path?

i right now am at 180 pound and i know 3 or that is just water weight. so untill i get back down to 177 i will not count any wieght loss.

Here I is to second ( and third) chances! wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 19:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.3/187.3/143.3 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Every Monday I start a clean Induction only to stuff up on the weekend (Calender has been full with family events etc..etc..). Things have quietened now so I am going to get back into it full force! Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 20:58
Registered Member

Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 0%
Default here I go again too

Just today I decided to start again too. I too am at 180 lbs I have been draging my feet because......... dont hit me...............I go DEEP into Ketosis and I HATE the taste of everything. But I have to do it. Wish us luck.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 10:47

Stats: 182/182/148 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress:

i started yesterday and hopfully i can get the 35 pounds that i have gained back off NOTHING FITS
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 11:14

Stats: 153/149/127 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 15%

I restarted today too. I was good for 3 weeks, and then blew it for the last 4 days. Today I am reclaiming my health and starting a clean induction, moving to OWL in 2 weeks and staying LC...WE CAN DO IT!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 13:06

Stats: 141/135/120 Female 5 foot 4
BF:
Progress: 29%

I'm also restarting induction today. I had a bad weekend of cheating and I feel terrible because of it. I'm not sure how much weight I've gained back ... I'm too aftraid to check. I hope I can really stick to it this time.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 13:13

Plan: LC/Shangri-La
Stats: 157.5/141/120 Female 5 ft. 1 in.
BF:?
Progress: 44%

I'm with ya'll !! I can't seem to get through a weekend without a cheat......try,try again!!!!
LET'S DO IT !
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 16:00

Stats: 162/142.5/135 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'm in too. I need to do induction because I have not been losing lately - I have been gaining due to too many carbs. Let's do it. I need feedback on here though to keep me motivated!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 16:08

Stats: 255/250/165 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I also re-started induction yesterday and am very worried because my birthday is coming up on Thursday and I LOVE CAKE with lots and lots of icing...I'm already thinking about it but I don't want the first four days to mean nothing by totally blowing it on Thursday. I need help!

Good luck to everyone!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 16:34

Plan: Vegetarian - my own
Stats: 155/145/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm in!!!
UHG! March and April there are 6 birthdays in my immediate family, and my family is big on getting everybody together for birthdays. so it's been non stop cake, cookies, ice cream plus add in the chocolate for easter and the weekend beer runs. i'm a mess. i was doing so well! i too am scared of the scale right now. i think i'm back at 150, we'll see. good luck to all of you!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 16:54

OK all how about i start up a post inb the challege area?? are you all up for this?

And KennyB why not restart on next monday or on friday, dont set yourself up to fail right now, unless you can really say no to that birthday cake.
i mean we will all be here on monday and you can join us at any time.

let me know about the challenge area post ok!!!!ya all
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 16:54

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I haven't been keeping track of what I was eating for the past three months, just eating basically low-carb. I haven't gained or lost. Yesterday I decided to start keeping track again.

Here's one thing that might help you all. We are all faced with foods we shouldn't be eating, just about every day of the world. But ask yourself, just which of you is bigger? You, or that piece of food drawing you. Sure, cake and ice cream may be good, but how are you going to feel, physically and mentally after you eat it?

What are the reasons you're straying from your eating plan? Are you really so weak you can't pass by a piece of cake? Or do you stray so you can later seek attention and support from your peers? I don't mean this to sound mean, but I think we all need to evaluate why we give in to those temptations.

There are so many options!

If you have a half-dozen birthdays within the family in a week's time, why not ask your family if you can just have one big birthday bash? Then, make your own low-carb cheesecake, complete with whipped cream, and take your own low-carb ice cream. I can guarantee you that by the end of the get-together, there won't be one bite of your cheesecake and ice cream left, and not because you ate it all yourself. This is what we do. If our families are having a high-sugar event, we just pack our own food. Everyone's become quite used to it within the last six months.

Also, when we've been places unexpectedly for dinner, generally speaking, there are meat and veggies served, so it doesn't take anything at all to fill your plate with some meat, veggies and salad. One of my friend's husbands looked at me a bit funny at first, told me I was crazy, and I just said, 'You know what? The contents of this plate hold more vitamins and minerals than that entire bowl of macaroni and cheese you're lavishing onto your plate. And then I smiled big. My friend (the wife) soon started her own rendition of low-carbing (she didn't have a lot to lose, so basically cut out all sugars and refined foods) and over the winter went from a size 10 to a 6. Now who's crazy?

Are you running crazily about town trying to get errands run and suddenly run out of fuel? Most of the quick-stops I've been to have at least meat and/or cheese stick packages that make just fine snacks. The Maverick store even sells an 'Atkins' breakfast for $1.99 which consists of two eggs, two pieces of sausage and two pieces of bacon. We sometimes grab one in the late afternoon and share it for a snack.

I know about dealing with stresses. Life is full of them each and every day in one form or another, but truly, I've never found that stress or family get togethers makes an excuse for straying from this way of eating (and that's all it is, is an excuse). I feel so much better eating like this it's just not worth it.

Hang in there. Hold your ground. Prove to your family and friends that you can do this without needing the crud they're eating. A lot of them would like nothing more than to see you fail. Show them you won't.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 17:27

Stats: 141/135/120 Female 5 foot 4
BF:
Progress: 29%

Okay petcrazed, I'll look for your post in the challenge area.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 17:54

OK all here is the Starting over challenge.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...376#post2068376

hope to see you all there!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 19:18

Stats: 198/175/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Default I'm on day four of starting over.

I posted last week on how I really messed up and started to gain my weight back. Everyone was so encouraging and helpful and I can't thank you enough. I started fresh and I am pleased to say after 4 days I am down 3 pounds. I am so happy I have found this forum. Everyone is great. Thanks again. Count me in on the challenge.