Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 17:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%
Default Meat Fast? Questions

Hi everyone...I have read so many helpful and great threads at this forum...I love it and I'm so grateful--thank you, but I have a question about the meat fast. I noticed some older threads about it, but none that have been updated. Has anyone tried it? How long did you do it? Is it safe? etc. If anyone tried this please describe the experience...I understand it should only last for 3-4 days or so, but is it safe? Healthy?

I am close to my goal, but stuck and interested in experimenting. The only thing I don't want to do is a refeed. I don't want to go down that road...anyways, I'd be so grateful for any experiences/advice about the meat fast.
Thank you!
Jenn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 19:21
Registered Member

Stats: 142/131/105 Female 5'3
BF:???
Progress: 30%
Default Hey!

Have you started the meat fast? I'd be interested in doing that actually!

Let me know if you have gained any info on if it works or how long to do it and what to eat, ect...

If you want to wait a week I'll do it with you. I'm moving (from the west coast, back to the east) and that's got me crammed for a few days, but after that i'm game.

Let me know if you decide to do it!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 20:03

Plan: general
Stats: 210/157/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:alot
Progress: 59%

I would like to know more about that meat fast too!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 20:07

Stats: 170/???/135 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Do you perhaps mean the Fat Fast mentioned by Atkins in DANDR?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 20:11
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I think you mean stillmans where you basically just have lean cuts of meat and only enough oil to cook them in? NMo veggies or other foods?

I know you're small, but you might want to get yoru body fat tested. It could be you are at a healthy body fat and you're body doesn't want to lose more. It just needs tightening and time for the fat deposites to redistribute.

Another problem with fasts, meat or fat, is when you go back to eating normally, some or all of the weight comes back. For those last few pounds taking them off slowly and by eating in a way you can keep up for life (premaintanance) is how to make sure they stay off.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 20:46

Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

Hi guys...thanks for the responses and Ladybelle I think you are right about fasts...I have been doing a lot of research on it and basically a meat fast is just slightly different from Stillman's. They are very similar and it seems like a meat fast is literally just that: meat and water.

Protein4me- if you are game to try it. I am...I know I am close and I think if I could just get a little jumpstart I could make my goal weight by my b-day (April). If you want to start in a week just let me know...I can continue my research and hopefully find us some menu suggestions/ideas. The one thing I am confused about is eggs/seafood/types of meat. Some websites make it sound like you pick one type of meat only to eat three times a day for three or four days...? I will look into this...sounds like it will take the guess work out of cooking for a few days.

If anyone else is interested...just reply and we can all search for info about it. I originally learned about the meat fast at www.lowcarbretreat.com under plateau busters...so maybe it's worth a try.

Thanks again...let's try it together!
Jenn