Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/193/180 Male 6 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 70%
Talking Back from the "planned" cheat

I'm back, and I must be honest here : I built things up past the point of realistic expextations . Like a dope fiend trying to get that "first high" again, it don't work that way: for me
It just wasn't that great for me to indulge in choclate and cheescake, pasta and bread, etc... Plus I got kinda sick, and headaches yesterday.
Well, I'm back to induction, <= 20 grms per day, and it feels good.
There was a little initial urge to keep going full carbs, but that went away quickly when I again realized that this WOE has been good to me emotionally and physically. It's all good today, and hope everyone had a great Christmas and wish a happy new year to all !!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 10:51

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Sorry you got sick, and welcome back to WOE

Glad you got right back to it.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 12:04

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

I too have been 'off plan' and will be back on tomorrow. I think there will be many of us!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 13:42

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

I was off for 3 days now! I have a massive headache today. I will pick up again tomorrow. I will adjust my stats in the morning. I have a few pounds to add!
Renee
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 09:20

Stats: 162/162/135 Female 5`4
BF:
Progress:

I was just wondering how much weight you actually gain when you cheat for a couple days?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 09:30

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie18
I was just wondering how much weight you actually gain when you cheat for a couple days?

It can be very individual. I've seen reports of as much as 10 pounds in a few days (mostly water retention) to no gain at all.
Even though we're all human and cheats happen, it's really better to not cheat and have to spend the next week or two undoing what a day or two of cheating did.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 18:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, general low carb
Stats: 142/130/120 Female 5 feet 4 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

Did anyone ever cheat during induction and eat something sugary (like cookies or b-day cake) and the sugar is sooo much more intense then you remembered it to be? We celebrated a birthday, and I had a slice of yellow b-day cake with white icing, and I could only eat the cake part, the icing was sickening sweet. So were my grandmother's cookies, which I had a few days before starting induction, the sugar taste was so intense it was gross...(of course I didn't tell her that!!!) Well anyhow its a good way to not go back to sugar!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 21:45
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Yes. Some foods are so sticky, sickly sweet I can't BELIEVE I ever ate them without gagging.

My times on CAD, I just HAD to have those "forbidden" treats, and one bite of powdered doughnut was enough... I used to inhale them, and now it made my mouth actually HURT, it was so sweet.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 07:37
Registered Member

Stats: 223/193/180 Male 6 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default amount gained after cheat

I gained 3 lbs from 2 days worth of blown out carb/sugar inhalation.
Been back on induction with lot's of water, and weighed in at 195, down 2 from before the binge
It just wasn't worth it, the food wasn't all that great. But that HUGE slice of choclate sauce covered cheescake at the Italian restaraunt for desert was truly heaven Hey, I'm bein honest here
I like this WOE the Atkins way, and am sure that I'm here for the long haul. I have almost figured out how to get most of my favorite meals down to a LC way of preparation.
The fitday is an excellent way for me to track carb intake.
Keep coming back, it works if ya work it
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 18:15

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

I gain about a pound a day if I go off plan...and it takes much longer to take it back off than it does to put it on!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:15
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 211/189/160 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 43%

Testify!!! That's me too. Almost a pound per day. I was off for 7 days, so the math on that one isn't hard . But I'm not going to sweat it. I am right back on track, and it will come back off. I planned the 'cheat week' and didn't stress about it. That time is over, and it's back to business.

La Vonna
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:43

Stats: 190/147/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I had a couple of planned cheats over the holidays & I was lucky I actually lost 3 lbs since I weighed myself 2 weeks ago. But the cheats were planned & small, a bit of chocolate (not very sweet stuff) and a few nibbles of things at a party.

I don't think I could really cheat. At Christmas I has about 3 slices of potatoes and within a half hour I had stomach cramps, bloating & gas. Well, I guess I found out one of the sources of my IBS.

If you cheat make it a small treat, don't go overboard or do it too often & then jump back on board. Don't feel guilty for a small cheat, just don't let it derail you. Life is ment to be lived.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 09:39

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

I don't consider it a "cheat", but when in New Orleans for New Year's I enjoyed some of the local culinary treats. I didn't have any desire for anything sweet (not even a biegnet at Cafe du Monde), but I relished the taste of gumbo, jambalaya, etc. I ate in moderation, not "stuffing" myself, and eating low carb when the opportunity arose (ie, eating at a fast food place on the road or eating breakfast).

I didn't eat so many carbs that I felt ill, but I have put on about 4 pounds of water (puffy feet galore!). With the next several days at <30 g carbs and drinking lots of water I should shed the excess fluids.

So, with careful planning and wise choices, I was able to enjoy some special holiday treats without too much suffering. I think that this type of special treats was what Dr. A had in mind.

Happy New Year everyone.

Joan
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 09:47

Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I cheated over the holidays. I went back to my hometown for three days (Austin, Texas) and I took my grandmothers out for cheese enchiladas - my favorite favorite dish in the world - at my old college haunt (Herberts in San Marcos, TX). I didnt eat the rice and beans tho!