Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 12:21
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power/Atkins
Stats: 165/165/120
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Still plucking away...

Okay, it has been 3 weeks, and I have lost 7 pounds. Now, I know, be glad I lost 7 lbs, but I lost 5 the 1st week, none the second week, then 2 the 3rd week. I have been really feeling like I have the hang of this, and it is gettin less hard to do each day, but I am feeling a lil' frustrated. I want to see something more consistant, it is kind of a downer to see the scales read the same over and over. I have dramatically changed my diet for this eating plan. I have always been a big carb eater. I have cut out all of my favorites, one would think I would HAVE to lose tons of weight, and it just seems to be sooooo slow. I have always had a big problem with my weight. I am very self consciencious (sp) about the way I look. My mom wears size 3 or 5 my sister wears zeros (sickening) and my dad weighs a total of 155. Then theres me. I always struggled, but I never really gained until my mid 20's and I packed on about 50 lbs in about 6 mos. Later to be diagnosed with hypothyroid, and have bounced around on meds since then. I lost 30 lbs once my thyroid got situated, then gained 20 back (argh). Now here I am. I have been on soooo many "diets" and I always lose 5-10 at first then it always stops. This is why I feel scared and frustrated that it is going to happen on my new plan for eating. Argh. I feel frustrated, and I want to see more results. There have been lots of bad things happening in my life, and I feel like I have lost control of so much. I just want to take control of my weight and get to looking good and feeling good again. I really look forward to these forums, and all of the encouragement I find here!

Wow, did I ramble. Opps.

Giggles
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 12:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/248/130
BF:
Progress: 31%

LOL that's okay Giggles, ramble away! I've noticed that on LC I lose in spurts too, rather than steadily along the way. I too have weeks where I don't lose anything, then all of a sudden a few pounds disappear. Hang in there, at least it's working! Just keep focusing on how much better you feel, and the pounds that have already gone. Take it a step at a time and eventually you'll be where you want to be. I know it's frustrating, but just think how frustrated you'd be if you were still eating all those high carb foods!

Wendy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 13:08
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy

Oh, my...I know. I am trying very hard to hang in there, but it is not very easy. I did go to a family reunion thing that lasted all weekend, and I did not cheat. When I wanted a drink (which I did want after spending the entire weekend with the family) I had Vodka and Crystal Light so, I did pretty good. And all of the goodies they had there...I did not touch em. I stayed in ketosis the whole time (which even suprised me). But, patience is not a strong suit of mine. I am trying tho. Thanks fer the pe talk.

giggles
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 13:45

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up Hang in there Giggles

It's not uncommon for a stall right after induction. Your body is just getting used to the idea that its got to let go of the weight. Have you been measuring yourself? If not, you might want to start. You'll notice the inches disappearing even if the scales don't move. I dont know about you, but as long as I get to my 28 inch waist, I dont care how much i weigh

Keep up the good work.

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 14:27
Registered Member

BF:
Lightbulb

Yes, you are right. I should measure myself. I have not done that. I really have not noticed any real change. Not even with the 7 lbs I lost. I just can't tell. The only person who said they could tell was my mom, and I think she was just saying that to be supportive, because she knows what I am doing. Argh. Even tho it has been 3 wks I am still doing the induction stuff, I am afraid to increase and not lose at all. Is this the right way to deal with it? My keto strips are definitely in the dark pink/rose zone that says I am certainly in ketosis.

Thanks again fer the responses.

Giggles
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 15:54
Registered Member

BF:
Default Now I am up to 8 lbs!

Just wanted to share!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 16:35

Stats: 300/248/130
BF:
Progress: 31%

Way to go Giggles!!

Wendy
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 17:02

Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

I know what you mean, Giggles. I am the type of person who wants to see results QUICK! I hate waiting for anything. I'm on my last day of induction, and after 13 lbs lost mostly in the first week, I'm getting to the "stuck scale syndrome". I've made a conscious decision however to not let it frustrate me this time, and use it as a motivator instead. I'm exercising now and making really sure I get plenty of water. I also plan on staying on induction until I lose a few more.

But I cannot deny the drastic increase in energy I've gotten over the last week. Today I could hardly sit still in class. During breaks, I would walk around or pace instead of sitting around like I usually do. In a really good mood too. Can't believe how different things are without carbohydrates, and I'm loving it.

It's a lot easier to stick to a new way of eating when you don't feel bad at the same time (i.e. low fat diets).

Hang in there and I'll try to too!

Raven
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 17:19
Registered Member

Stats: 137/132/122
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Count Inches

I've been doing this for 4 weeks now and have only lost 5 pounds. But I have lost an inch in my waist and I can really tell that my body is getting in better shape.
Hang in there...!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 13:36
Registered Member

BF:

I have lost some weight, but I honestly CAN NOT tell. None of my clothes seem to fit any different. I just do not see it one bit. Hopefully 10 more pounds and I should notice SOMETHING?!?!? That is the most frustrating thing for me. I am not having too bad of a time sticking to it - I have my weak moments here and there - but it has been okay. I just wish I could visually SEE my results.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 13:53

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Giggles, I'm sure they are there. We have a tendance to be very hard on ourselves. Harder than anyone else is usually. Have you taken your measurements? You might not 'see' a 1/2 and inch loss this week and a 3/4" loss the next week, but eventually they add up. You'll notice them.

You know its working... just hang in there a bit longer.

Nat
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 14:03
Registered Member

BF:

I am trying, and I have not measured b/c I can't find my measuring tape...I will look harder when I get home.