Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 01:11
Lovin' The GI Diet!

Plan: YOU: On A Diet
Stats: 250.0/231.0/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Lightbulb BFL questions

Hi there ..I am new to BFL nutrition and I am hungy alot..anyone have any ideas about that. I eat oatmeal,sweet potatoes,white potatoes ,cottage cheese 2%, dannon 3 carb yogurt , steak, chicken,salmon,some fruit,and protien shakes low carb. I use gnc brand meal plex for postworkouts. With eating 6 meals can't understand how I could be hungry ..mostly at night before bed. Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 15:47
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I've found that I have to be real careful about making sure I'm eating the protein/carb mix as BFL recommends.

Are you sure you're eating the right mixture? If I'm not mistaken oatmeal and yogurt are considered a carb on BFL. If you want to eat these for breakfast you'd need to have a protein with them. I typically eat cereal with protein powder for breakfast. For the rest of my days meals I'll mix in a protein (Cottage Cheese, chicken, Tuna, steak, eggs) with a carb (fruit, bread, brown rice, etc.) and throw in veggies for fun.

It's really important to make sure you're eating the right portion sizes as well. I found that i was really hungry when I wasn't eating enough. I increased portions slightly and have found that to be a big help. And if I'm really hungry a shot of protein powder will do the trick everytime.

You may need to look at your portions and fool with them a bit. It's fine mix and not the same for everyone.

And don't forget that you can eat veggies (celery, carrots, green pepper, red pepper) anytime!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 23:53
Lovin' The GI Diet!

Plan: YOU: On A Diet
Stats: 250.0/231.0/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thanks nets33.
I do it all by the book...my thought is a serving is the size of palm or clinched fist. Maybe I should try making servings bigger. Maybe that will help. I will try it tomorrow. Thanks again!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 07:44
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

One other thing I forgot to mention....

My friend who introduced me to BFL says that spikes in your sugar can effect your hunger. If you're eating foods with high (added) sugar conten this can cause your insulin to spike and make you hungry.

There have been days (like yesterday) that I was really hungry and had an extra protein drink to carry me over to my next meal. That really works when I'm hungry.

Good Luck!
Kiki
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 11:49
Registered Member

Plan: strictly BFL
Stats: 183/166,4/158 Male 180 cm
BF:22%/18%/12%
Progress: 72%

Like nets33 already said, I experienced the same when I tried a high carb, high protein, low fat diet. I ate 6 times a day and felt always hungry. I ate a lot low fat products and lost only 2 pounds in 5 weeks with sports 4-5 times a week. A very frustrating experience.

When I started Atkins I learned through reading the food labels much more accurate that actually I eat ate a lot of simple carbs, i. e. sugar, which almost probably prevented me from fat loss and gave me the insulin spike which made me feel hungry all the time.

If I would do this kind of diet again I would avoid for example yoghurt with fruits (or similar), protein bars and all this other processed industrial stuff, since this products are loaded with simple carbs. I would stick to complex carbs like oats, full grain bread, or plain yoghurt and would add sweetener like aspartame by my self.