Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 02:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/294/225
BF:
Progress: 14%
Thumbs up Trying not to hurt myself

Hi to everyone who happens to click on this thread. Please feel free to post messages as I can use the encouragement. I have started lifting again after about an 8 year break (Basically I stopped lifting after college) I've been back at it for about 5 weeks now and I'm starting to feel much better.

I've dropped about 2 inches in my waist and my arms have gone from 17 inches to 19 inches. I haven't measured my chest or legs and I probably won't until I get measured for my new work suits after I reach my weight loss goals.

My last workout was for legs and back, so I'll post the details here.

Exercise 1
Leg Press
8 reps / 315 lbs
8 reps / 405 lbs
8 reps / 495 lbs
5 reps / 585 lbs (legs gave out here)

Leg extension
8 reps / 100 lbs
10 reps / 145 lbs
12 reps / 145 lbs

Calf raises
80 reps / 315 lbs

Upright Row
I can't remember the weight for this one. 3 sets of 8 about 2/3rds of the way down the weight stack.

That back pully machine where you hang over the weights and pull up
8 reps / 135 lbs
8 reps / 155 lbs
8 reps / 175 lbs

Back raises
24 reps / body weight

plus 3 sets of 20 roman chair leg lifts for the abs and 20 minutes on an ellipse.

If you are still with me, post away.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 23:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/294/225
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Day 2

After the long weekend it was time for another day of workouts. This time it was chest and triceps.

I started out with a quick 15 minutes on the ellipse to get the blood pumping and it was off to the weight room. The room was packed so we had to start on the incline bench, which is never a good idea for me.

I started out with 135 lbs for 8 reps. It was hard but I went up to 145 for 8 reps. Finally I jumped up to 150 but could barely make 7.

Next was the flat bench. I was wiped out from the incline so I did three sets of 8 at 135 lbs. My chest was really burning at that point. Next came 1 set of 8 declines with 35 lbs dumbbells and 2 sets of 8 with 40 lb dumbbells. It was a little too easy, but my muscle control wasn't the greatest.

After getting up from that I noticed that my lower back was really hurting, probably from getting onto and off of the decline bench. I had to take it easy on the triceps as a result. I did 3 sets of 8 skull crushers with a 45 lb bar.

Finally I did 6 sets of a tricep machine at 60 lbs.

Then I went home and played with my dog.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 00:05
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Hello

Just thought I'd say Hi and good job working out...you are making me tired just reading about it!!!

All except playing with your dog that sounds fun

Good LucK!!! KEep up the good WorK