Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 23:30

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 301.5/301/157 Female 5'6"
BF:52
Progress: 0%
Default Hello! I'm brand new here...

I wondered if this is an active board anymore - I came in a few nights ago for the first time and it seems like not much is being posted.

Well, I'm just finishing my second week doing the program from Principle II and am very happy with what I am able to eat.

But I don't know yet how to recognize my need to increase and go to the next level of carbs.

I've determined I'm IRBOA but am still a healthy person, so I'm already feeling very well.

I sure would like to hear from you all...the old posts were so positive and uplifting.

Looking forward to connecting!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 11:46

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

Welcome DianaFan!
Evidently this board isn't as active as it once was. I have not had time to post or lurk for awhile and as I said in another thread I have been off of track a bit . I feel the need to get back though , so am hoping there are others still out there.

I have read in the past of many who do well on TSP. I feel my best and have the calmest life when I follow it well. I think it is hard to get thru my head that as Dr. S states" you do not lose weight to become healthy-- you get healthy and then lose weight" (or words to that effect) It is so opposite what is the common school of thought--eat less and less and lose more and more. The Dr. is right , it just doesn't work that way in the long run.

Of course as I have stated in the past I do not think a board about TSP needs to be as active as some other diet plans because it can be so easy to incorporate in everyday life. The foods are just that --*food* not rare or hard to find for the most part . It can be purchased easily and does not require compllicated recipes. Just whole, simple foods purchased from the grocery. Support and fresh ideas are always a nice part of a message board community though.

If you go back a year or so you should find some encouraging experiences with TSPers.

I still am not sure what 'category' I fall into as I can not afford the testing. In March of 03 I e-mailed her web siite and asked what to do in my situation and the response was that in SPII it states that the default program is insulin sensitive with burned out adrenal glands. I have concentrated on that chapter .

I think I will purchase her upcoming book when it comes out as it is supposed offer simple plans.

Great to see you on board and hope it works or you too.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 14:18

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 185/178.5/130.0 Female 5'1 3/4 "
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hello, I am brand new to the site. I started a week ago Saturday Aug 8th I think. I've lost 5 lbs so far. I also have felt very good until this morning when I had a low carb tortilla. I immediately felt exhausted, like I didn't want to move. I know I'm allergic to wheat so this must have been what did it. So, I'm off the tortillas. My sister did the SP and lost lots of weight so thought I'd give it a try. So far I feel much better.

I'm glad you're here Dianafan. PD
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 20:47

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 172/157/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this WOE too... this is day 5 on SP. I'm not sure either where I fit in, but I think I'm pretty healthy so I'm doing 30 carbs/ meal plus two 15 carb snacks. I've been reading both the books plus I have the cookbook and I'm not cheating. So far I've gained 2 lbs. Not what I had in mind, but I'm feeling great! I'm so happy to have finally found a WOE I can live with. I had gotten to the point that I was over medicating myself with alcohol and caffeine and had to do something. I don't have any cravings for anything I've given up, hope this lasts!

Glad to see you here current posters.

Diane
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 07:32

Plan: SPII, IR/BOA
Stats: 267/233/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 35%

DianaFan,
I felt the same way at first with SPII. I started out with the plan for IR/BOAG with the 15 carbs and felt ok, but within a few weeks I felt worse. I called my doctor and she had finally gotten my test results back and said I was not IS. So I upped the carbs to 20-25. I felt better. Now I am doing 30 pretty successfully. I am wondering though if I have a sensitivity to wheat as sometimes (not always) I feel really bad. Not IBS but just dizzy ans weak and tired. So I should try to cut back on the wheat and see if that makes a difference. My doctor also ordered a saliva test that the insurance company paid for to test the adrenals. I do have BOAG.

My advice is stay with what works for you physically and when you can increase I think your body will tell you. Just relax if you are doing well and I think you will know on your own.

Take care and good luck. I am glad to see posting on this site! I believe that we need to support each other.

Marianne
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-04, 13:53
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

Hey! Sorry us "old timers" aren't around as much. A bunch of us here started SP over a year ago, then these threads were hopping!! But once it becomes a routine and the newness wears off, you just get tired of "talking shop" But dig though the SP threads and there are tons of good stuff here. Espically Wanda's (WCollier) posts. She was our "unoffical" leader. A true info junkie!

With BOAG you need the supplements. Her lists are good. I still take many of them. You don't need to buy hers, she expensive. I just go to a good health food store and a little vitamin shop. Olive oil and REAL sea salt sound be in your meals everyday!! A good Omega 3 supplement would be a good thing too.

BTW. I don't eat wheat or cereal grains except occassional oats and rice. I still follow her plan and am doing great!! I do more the healthy end now, with a total of around 150 g carbs a day and am still slowly losing.