Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 12:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/165/130 Female 159 cm
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default the work and water combination

Hi everyone

Just wanted some advice.
I know it's very important to drink enough water, but
is it important when you drink it ?
The reason is : I have to go to alot of meetings at work, where I have to make a rapport of the meating. During these meatings I can't drink, because I find it difficult listening, writing and drinking at the same time and I can't just leave the room every half hour to go the batroom. So some time before and during the meating I don't drink.
At those days I drink most of the water after 7PM is this a problem ?
Should I spread the water intake over the day ?
Am I the only one who doesn't find it easy to drink enough at work ?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 13:56

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

Geez Sooike, it doesn't seem to have affected your weight loss...your doing great! I too, used to drink most of my water at night until I read in last weeks issue of Woman's World (page 20) that drinking 2 cups of water raises your metabolism by up to 30% and it stays elevated for 30-40 minutes. Now I try to drink 2 cups in the AM as soon as I get up, another 2 cups before work, 2 cups at some point during work & tons when I get home (I try to drink a MINIMUM of 100 oz. per day).

Hope this info is helpful to you.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 15:56

Stats: 148.5/137/130 Female 64 in
BF:27.2
Progress: 62%

I am glad someone else asked this question as I was wondering too. I usually do very good drinking my water throughout the day, however sometimes when I have appointments during the day I cut back as some of my appointments are over an hour away and I hate stopping just to go to the bathroom. Also if I drink too much right before bed I am up all night. I hope someone has the answer.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 16:19

Stats: 250/130/150 Female 5' 1"
BF:Not anymore!
Progress: 120%

I always have water in the morning, before work...usually a 16 oz. bottle immediately upon waking and another with breakfast. After that, I'm likely not to have anymore until lunchtime, because I'm busy. A 16 oz. bottle with lunch...another during the afternoon (if I'm not too busy)...and the rest after work. If my afternoon is busy (about half the time), then the water at lunch has to hold me until dinner-time. So on a busy day, I'll have 48 oz. during the day, and the rest between dinner and bed-time. Oh, and I telecommute two days a week...it's easy to get my water in on those days.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 19:58
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress:

I work in a lab, so we aren't allowed to drink at work. I typically drink 32 oz in the car on the way to work, 32 oz at lunch time and at least another 32 oz at night. I'm actually surprised I can do this, since I used to drink practically nothing all day! This seems to work okay for me...
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 05:54

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

I joke with my lead engineer that I drink so much water, it seems that somes dys, he's paying me just to go to the bathroom.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 06:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

In answer to your question...

I think in an ideal situation you should remain hydrated throughout the day. Drinking 8-10 oz. of water/ sitting throughot the day. Dehydration can often be mistaken for hunger. It can also lead to headaches, fatigue, etc.

Of course if you can not drink throughout the day.. and many times I can not for the bathroom reason... then there trying to make up for water consumption in the morning or afterwork certainly seems better than not drinking the water at all.

My 2 cents.

Happy LCing,