Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 14:14

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%
Exclamation Help! Can't crunch the carb up numbers!

Okay... this sucks, but....

I went the Skittles route for the carb load, and I had turkey breast as my protein. I had NO added fat whatsoever, and there's no skin on the turkey, but my fat grams for today has already doubled what it's supposed to be! I thought I'd picked one of the lowest fat protein sources out there.

Also, due to the above, my calories are going to go over..maybe WAY over if I try to work in the rest of the grams I'm supposed to take in.

....how in the world do you guys do this and keep within the prescribed parameters???

how bad is this going to screw things up for me?? It's like 3:09 right now, and I'm wondering what to do from here on out.

I've done two of the 6.75 bags of Skittles (My head is totally "swimmy" right now! ) since 9am this morning.

On a lighter note: It felt funny creating a "custom food" on Fitday for Skittles! LOL
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 15:25

Plan: CKD
Stats: 211/190/180
BF:18%/14%/10%
Progress: 68%

yeah it is a problem, carbs are so easy to eat. 8000 calories aint much when its carbs. I used to do about 3000-4000 calories on friday night after my depletion workout. I doubt it will hurt you as in you've gained fat. But it may have stopped you from burning fat for a short while. Don't stress it too much and when you wanna eat something and you know you're not allowed just fill up on water.

I'm actually sick of the carb up so I'm giving it a miss, next week in the gym will be interesting though!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 15:34

But according to Nat and TrainerDan skittles ARE allowed (day 1). But here's the gist of the problem....

When I try to get in the right number of carb grams, the calories go too high, and when I try to get enough protein grams (with NO added fat of any kind), the fat grams go way way too high.

I don't think I'm eating anything "illegal," but it boils down to can't have my cake and eat it too.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 15:46

Stats: 211/190/180
BF:18%/14%/10%
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally posted by Jalilah
But according to Nat and TrainerDan skittles ARE allowed (day 1). But here's the gist of the problem....

yeah I agree, I mean when you have a glycogen depleted system, any carb is going straight to the muscle, unless its a fructose sugar in which case it goes to the liver first. Not sure if this is 100% accurate, but I'm sure West can clarify it.

Quote:

When I try to get in the right number of carb grams, the calories go too high, and when I try to get enough protein grams (with NO added fat of any kind), the fat grams go way way too high.

I don't think I'm eating anything "illegal," but it boils down to can't have my cake and eat it too.

just break it up into basic macro food. Use tuna or chicken or some other lean meat for protein and stick to less calorie dense carb sources. Obviously things like breakfast cereals and skittles are very calorie dense! I used to eat tons of lollies but they contain about 80g of carbs per 100g.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 15:51

Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%

My gosh just how are we supposed to hold the world together today?
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 16:47

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDaddy32
just break it up into basic macro food. Use tuna or chicken or some other lean meat for protein and stick to less calorie dense carb sources. Obviously things like breakfast cereals and skittles are very calorie dense! I used to eat tons of lollies but they contain about 80g of carbs per 100g.

I'm finding that out the hard way! Doggone it. But... I'm thinking of doing Sunday as a ZERO carb day (instead of 20g)...to see if it will help. I doubt it will, but..who knows? I might just end up mindless and stupid the whole day with brain fog. But I'm like that today with all the sugar, too.

Oh... and the protein I'm eating----roasted turkey breast without skin, and NO added fat sources of any kind.

Also, stupid me... skittles have fat, too!!!! I thought they were fat-free, but they're not. I'm SUCH a doof!

So..smarties.. for next weeks "sugar-up." Think they're as calorie-dense as skittles?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 16:48

Quote:
Originally posted by west_on_46
My gosh just how are we supposed to hold the world together today?

Hahaha...it's not the world falling apart... it's just me!