Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 07:02
Canuck Conundrum

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%

Mommy....I agree...and no, I have no intention of never having bread again. My intention is to get to goal and add things back very, very gently after that. I can't live forever without the occaisional pasta and bread, but once in maintenance I can have a really low carb day and a treat meal without ballooning back up. For myself, the strict limits of this plan are what I need for the discipline to succeed. It's just what's best for me.

What I have done also....is taken a vacation from the plan. I went away for 5 days at New Years, and ate what I wanted....bread, rice pasta ( and beer ) and got right back on track with induction levels for a few days. I went up 5 lbs in 5 days, but back down in 3. I wouldn't do that to my body to often, but it was a nice break.

I'm 10 pounds from goal, and I just can't help but think if it ain't broke don't fix it. I do agree totally though, that we all need different things. You should definitely work with what works for YOU. All I know is that I have an addictive personality in the first place...so I have to stay totally away from the things I crave, or risk giving in. There are lots of people that are happy as clams on CAD. If you think it's for you....then that's wonderful...and I'll be jealous...

You are bang on the money on your advice to TP to be happy for a slow safe loss. I don't know about anyone else, but quick loss and quicker gain is what yo-yoed me up to 265. That's why DIET is such a dirty word to me. Lifestyle change is the only way we lose and keep it off. I must have lost 1000 pound over the course of my adult life. I hope this last 10 is the LAST ten I ever feel the need to get rid of.

Teapot - the pic at the side is called an Avatar. Go to your profile, and then to edit options...you will see Avatar at the bottom. When you click on that...at the bottom of the next page you will see where it says custom Avatar I think. That's where you put it in...be warned..I think it has to be sized to 100 x 100.
Hope that helps!!!

Check with ya both later!!

Sam
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 07:27
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 221/213/130
BF:
Progress: 9%
Smile Goodmorning!!

Goodmorning all!!

A nice hot bath does wonders for the soul!!! I had a REALLY long one last night, because I was reading the CAD book in the tub...before I knew it the water was cold and I was another 3 chapters in!! I think that I was in there for about 2 hours!!

Have a great day, and TRY to get some rest!!

I really DO think that I have found one that works for me......Thanks for your support teapot!!!

Talk to you later!!
mommy
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 07:33
Registered Member

BF:
Wink sorry Sam

Sorry Sam,
I didn't notice your response until after I had left the other one!

Thanks for your support also, I am glad that you agree that everyone might need different things......I admire that you can stick to the plan as well as you do!! I guess I am a bit weaker, and know that it wouldn't work out for me.......I NEEDS ME BREAD!!!
I may try to post a picture later on today also, if I can figure it out (and find one that is acceptable......that isn't easy!!!)

Both of you have a wonderful day, and I'll talk again later!!
mommy2nick
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 20:15

Stats: 273/273/165 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hello....

Hello chicas! I hope your days up north were wonderful for you both. Mine was delightful... Okay... not that good, but not bad either! I had a nice easy morning at work, nice easy class, a great voice lesson, more easy work, and best of all -- tomorrow is my day off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get in the tub this morning... I crawled back into bed and willed myself to fall back to sleep (then got up at a quarter past seven when I was supposed to get up at 6:30! I'm going to sit in the tub tonight though. SOmeone gave me a recipe in my journal for mock danish, and I'm going to fix one up tonight, then crawl in the tub with a nice book... I'm thinking maybe Harry Potter (I have to remind myself of all that has happened before book 5 comes out in june!) lol... Yes, i'm a harry potter fanatic...

I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow. There are some big sales on meat at the grocery store about a half hour from here, so... A-shopping I will go!

We set the date for my recital today... April 26th. Now I have a date to shoot for... I don't know what I want my mini goal to be though.... If it's possible for me to lose a hundred pounds in a year (less than 2 pounds a week), is 25-30 pounds unreasonable for late April? What do you think?....

ANyways... Well, applaud for me girls... This is the first day that I FORGOT to check the scales! lol.... Can you believe it... Last I knew I was at 250.5, so I'm hoping I've gone down again.
I REALLY have to start excercising though... it's just so cold here and with my 12 and 13 hour days --- I know, excuses excuses....

So anyways -- thanks so much for the jello worm recipe mom! I made two plates of them yesterday (lemon and cherry) and threw them in the fridge. They're great! I might try sour ones when I get up to it...

Anyways, I'm kinda hungry, and I'm dreamin about that bath, so I'm going to go make me a mock danish, and get the water hot...

Talk to you both again soon... and thanks for the info on the pic again sam. I'll make that one of tomorrow's to-dos
Well girls, cheerio... um... I mean toodeloo...

tp
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 21:47
Registered Member

BF:
Red face hello!!

Hello,

Sorry girls, I am new at this computer thing, and I couldn't figure out how to get either of the pictures working....I had a good one of the baby to show you too!! Oh, well...you will just have to imagine me in all my glory!! YEAH RIGHT!!

Anyway, I would try to set a goal of about a pound a week overall average, that way you won't be dissapointed if you don't get in the 2 pounds, because rarely does it stay at 2 pounds every week!! You don't want to get stuck in the "oh, no I gained 3 pounds this week, and that set's me back...so I'll have to lose 5 next week ", I lost 43 pound in about 5 months once, and I felt like that was quick! If you set your expectations too high then you will be very dissapointed if it doesn't work out!!

We went to a birthday party today for my husband's grandfather, and my mother-in-law had out cheese strips wraped in salami, devilled eggs and garlic chicken breasts, just for us, so that we wouldn't feel deprived!! Isn't that nice??

anyway, I am very tired!! I think that I will head off to bed!
Have a wonderful weekend, and try to get that rest we talked about!! ENJOY YOUR DANISH!!!
Best wishes!!
Mommy2nick
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 17:29
Canuck Conundrum

Mommy...what is the problem you are having? It's a bit tricky..pic has to be under a certain size.

Just thought I would drop in and say hi....busy on the weekends and don't get around here much.

Have a great weekend!
Sam
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 18:29

BF:
Default check out my journal... it's worth it...

Hey mom!
I just wanted to clue you in, incase you haven't been in my journal lately... A couple great recipes have been shared, and I'm just about to add one for this large strawberry smoothy I just whipped up (barely ANY carbs!!!) Come visit, k?
tp
-- it's called "tabs on teapot" in the t-z journals... come find me!!!
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 21:55
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy I can't seem to reduce my picture??

Hi Sam, and Teapot...

I can't seem to reduce my picture....I thought that it had worked but then when it went to load it, it took forever!!! (like 30 minutes) so I think that it was stuck.....so I just cancelled it.....I probably didn't shrink it correctly????

Sam, do you know how many carbs would be in Taco seasoning??

I have sent away for some Keto pancake mix and Davinci 0 carb maple syrup....I can't wait!!!!

can you tell me where to find the cheeseburger casserole???

well girls, I think I'm packing it in for the night, after I check in on ebay!!
Goodnight, and have a great weekend if I don't talk to you again...
mommy2nick
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 16:55

BF:
Default somethin's not right...

I already wrote that I cooked all morning... I ate a sausage that I had heated to make sure it'd been heated all the way through... When I was typing earlier, I got REALLY tired all of a sudden, so I went and layed down.... I haven't felt like that in three weeks, and so naturally I turned to what I'd eaten. While the sausage was only 2 carbs per six links (Smokey links) they contain a good amount of dextrose and high fructose corn syrup... So i gave the packages to my parents... I was surprised however to find that when I used a ketostick a few minutes ago, It turned DARK (and I mean, as dark as they turn) almost immediately... I can't be dehydrated... Right now I'm feeling just a tinge of lightheadedness...

I haven't been taking my multivitamin (century, the generic of centrum one-a-days) because when my weight was all over the place, I thought there might have been something in it that was causing my weight to fluctuate... Could the way I feel be from not taking it? I slept for two hours and kept burying myself in my blanket cause I was cold, (i keep my room around 75 for my turtles)...

Someone help!!!
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 17:13
Canuck Conundrum

Well honey....a sugar rush once detoxed could make ya feel that way. Or you could be coming down with something. I really suggest you go back to the vitamins. They are the exact ones I take, and ya need them.

Good move on ditchin the sausages. They sometimes have stuff in them that ya DO NOT want. Wheat crumbs, may contain this and that. I love them, and eat them, but I'm real careful with them.

Sam
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 17:21

BF:
Default thanks sam...

Thanks sam...
I'm going to go take my vitamin now... I sure am glad you're around to answer all my questions!!!

thinkin about you...

tp
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 19:16
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy Hi!! Are you felling better??

Hi TP!!

How are you feeling??? Any better??
There is a bad flu going around here????? Maybe you are coming down with something like Sam said???
Get lots of rest and drink some water, or warm water with lemon in it???

GET WELL SOON!!
Talk to you later!
mommy