Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-10, 08:32

Plan: my own
Stats: 224.8/207/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default not being true to myself

i haven't cheated not once since starting oct 2010 the only thing i did was increase my carbs from vvlc to about 30 over time. this adding in veggies from just meat and eggs has taken me from onederland to back over 200. now for weeks i have been struggling to get back below 200 and stress and bad things going on have taken a toll on my body. though i still eat right drink water and still no soda the same ups and downs are appearing day after day. i get right to 200 and than back up to 205. is it mental? am i sabotaging myself and don't even realize it? why i didn't change and just go with it i guess because after hitting all my goals before the new years challenges and than losing them all makes me feel like failure. i always get so close and than things start to challenge me and i give up. this time i didn't cave yet the weight creeped back up while staying under 30 carbs a day
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-10, 12:20

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hey I started in October too. I haven't cheated either. I did up my carbs for Christmas and this is the first week I didn't lose any weight. I was on the diet before and found if I did 3 days 0 carbs then I would bet back on track. Maybe you need to go back down to 20 for a while?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-10, 12:39

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

There is no doubt about it - this is difficult. I've found that I'm better able to cope and adjust to challenges when eating low carb. I try to remember that when I find myself increasing my carbs. As for the increase in weight even though adding only carbs from veggies, it may be your body just doesn't like the source of the carbs you are eating. Or perhaps there is something else in those foods that is causing the gain (sodium? something else?).

Just my 2 cents.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-10, 14:56

Plan: my own
Stats: 224.8/207/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

ty for responding i just needed to post this so i can be honest with myself. I wasn't fooling myself even though i wouldn't change the weight. now i am fresh and ready to go at it again.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-10, 08:09

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

I love your user name, newme2010! Your stats show that you have lost over 20lbs! That IS a new you! And you will be an even newer you in 2011. Stay true to yourself, absolutely. You will reach your goal.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 05:54

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Brilliant way to remind yourself the why of it all.