Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 15:51

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 160/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Beer??

Hi

Is there such a thing as a low carb beer. ?? Its the only thing I have had a craving for! I managed to fight off the desire though.

Sting
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 16:11
Registered Member

Plan: LC
Stats: 148/123/115 Female 5' 1''
BF:
Progress: 76%

Michelob Ultra has 2 carbs, I find it ok for a beer, but then beer is not usually my drink of choice.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 10:10
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I hope that you continue to keep fighting off the desire.

I want to encourage you to do your 2 weeks phase I perfectly.
No apple pie or beer on phase I.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 10:57

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for keeping an eye on me Judy! and its my fault I have no profile as yet. I appreciate it

I am now into week five and day two of week five on the Southbeach...or this is my third week phase 2 I have been good I promise and I kept to the diet during the first two weeks on phase 1.

Generally speaking I am doing really well when I felt as though I would succumb I would give myself a few more nuts instead of going for the beer etc. I realise that the beer and a few more nuts probably have the same amount of calories but I really didn't want to develop a taste for the beer and then want more! and I am not counting calories on this diet which makes it so good for me.

I have no desire for bread or potatoes at all!! and I have a feeling that bread and white flour and refined carbs are what got me to be overweight in the first place. Now I always thought I didn't eat that many refined carbs but when I logged it all I did. I was always snacking on crackers throughout the day! Most of my meals contained bread, white rice, white pasta or potatoes. My most favourite snack was potato crisps or chips to you in the USA! I could easily eat my way through a family sized bag! ( all that salt too)!!

I am still enjoying 90% of the diet the 10% that I dont is when I am not organised with having food in the house. The last couple of weeks I have been making turkey burgers and beanburgers and soups and freezing them so there is always something for me to eat. Its the only way I have been able to keep going into week five.

This diet has resulted in many things I didn't expect.

1. I sleep really well and I have not had a night sweat during the night since being on SBD

2. My stomach is slighty reduced not much but enough to notice that my pilates lesson are easier.(less bulk around the mid section when doing some of the exercises).

3. I have been told my face looks less puffy.

4. "old" foods are far too sweet for my tastebuds.

5. I seem to have more energy. (no after lunch sleepyness)

6. I seem to be able to concentrate and focus on tasks much better than before!!~~this one might be due to sleeping better!

Whatever the reason for the above I can only say I am pleased.

The downside my husband had mentioned to me a couple of times that I have stinky breath!!
I will have to work on this one any ideas would be welcomed!!

Back to the kitchen to make more burgers

Sting

Last edited by Sting : Tue, Mar-09-10 at 11:18.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 11:07
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Great! Your being a good girl scout in being prepared.

"failing to plan is planning to fail" is a great motto.

I cook up 1-2 lbs of chicken breast each week and keep it stored in a tupperware in my fridge for fast snacks and salads when I don't feel like cooking.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 11:20

BF:
Progress:

Just edited my last post above as I missed out quite a lot of things I wanted to say
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 23:56

Plan: Dr. Eric Westman's/Atkins
Stats: 150/148/132 Female 5'-4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Tell your husband that's the smell of fat burning! I hear parsley helps a lot, as does more water. I just chew gum or do a mouth deep floss, Listerine rinse and tongue scraping! Sorry for TMI!!! LOL!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 04:24

BF:
Progress:

Thanks aeroangie that really made me giggle!! I will tell him. I must admit that I really have to force myself to drink water so will make more of an effort to drink more!