Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-02, 06:46

Plan: CAD + reg. fast
Stats: 214/153.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:34.5/18/14
Progress: 77%
Unhappy H E L P ! ! ! !

Somebody, pleeeze help...
It was scale day, and I am down in the dumps!!! 4 days ago, I was down to 145.5, today the scale shows 151.5!!! What am I doing wrong??? I went back through my list of foods for the past few days. No matter how I add it up, I am still around 20 carbs, hidden and all (I think). I was sooo proud that I resisted the girl scout cookies last night - stayed away from the AS and meal replacements, and still...!!! I am sooo discouraged, I don't want to give up! Should I eat more fat? I am in ketosis, according to the stix. I am sooo scared to put the pounds back on. Perhaps, should I try to increase my carbs to the next level? I still work out at least 5x a week, nothing has changed there. I am on antibiotics right now. Could that have an impact? Taking my vitamins as well. Day #18 of my cycle - is THAT it? I am at a complete loss - I do not want to get discouraged!!
H E L P ! ! !
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-02, 14:48

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 306/298/160 Female 5', 5"
BF:BMI: 49.2/49.2/24
Progress: 5%
Default Frustrated as well

Tiggerlou...

This is my second time doing the Atkins diet. The first time I was on it (about 1 1/2 years ago - I dropped about 40 lbs. the first month [75 pounds total - in about 5 months time] [granted I stay on the induction diet the entire time]) -

This time has been completely different! It's been very frustrating. I've been on it for almost 4 weeks now, and only lost about 15lbs. But, the difference this time - I'm exercising. I know it's frustrating, and I'm sure you've heard it before, but I'm sure you're gaining muscle with all the exercising you've been doing (and muscle weighs more than fat). I've been walking 3 miles every morning - and sometimes it's really difficult to realize that I'm doing all this work, and losing the weight much slower.

Is it also possible that it might be close to that time of month? I know a couple weeks ago, I went up a few pounds on the scale, then realized it was just water retension - it went away a few days later.

Just stick with it though. I feel my clothes getting a bit looser and I'm not losing weight, so I know something's going on there. Maybe you should put away the scale for a little while, measure yourself instead (watch the measurements instead of the weight). I have faith in you!!! I'm sure you'll pull through this - and stay away from those Girl Scout Cookies.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 12:51

Plan: Atkins/BFL exercise plan
Stats: 218/185.6/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Hello everyone!

Hi! I have been posting on my journal but not much else this week. My toddler hurt his arm this week and it has been pretty hectic. On a better note-I have finally snuck below 200! It has taken forever but it feels so good!!!!

Does everyone have a journal? If you don't-start one! It is really helpful to write down what you are doing and feeling.

I went to kickboxing yesterday morning. It was worth every minute I had. I ended up going 4x's this week, plus a walk with my dog. I just love kickboxing, it seriously gets the aggression out. I had a lot after watching Jaron in pain the last couple of days. Taking Sunday off but will be back at the gym in the am for treadmill and weight training. Now if I could remember to take my vitamins when I should I will much happier.

Hope all is well with everyone this weekend. Happy LC! Take care
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 12:53

BF:
Default Tiggerlou

I forgot to add that I agree that if you are weight training that will slow the weight loss. You are building muscle mass. I am living proof. Don't get discouraged! Hey-I have a recipe for low-carb fudge that I got from someone else on the forum. it's great to have around when you have those horrible days and the cravings are really intense. Let me know if you want it.
Hang in there
Take care-
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 12:59

BF:
Default Explantions I never gave.....

Hey-

TOM-is that time of the month we all axiously await as women.

Whoosh fairy-I here her/him being talked about on the forum a lot. She/he comes to your house to take off the inches and pounds. I don't know how it got started.

Take care-
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 15:25
Registered Member

Plan: atkins, carb addicts
Stats: 190/176/148
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Keep Moving!!!

I have been walking 2 miles at least 3 times a week and trying to jog on the treadmill too. I am walking with my friend to dairy queen but I am not taking any money because everything is out of the question in that shop gotta go. Everyone keep up the good work and thanks for inspiring me
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 10:08

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 245/241/160
BF:
Progress: 5%
Cool Hi, Everyone!

I'm new to this site and this looked like a thread full of encouragement! Had a doctor's appt yesterday and it was the first time on the scale since I started Atkins. An 8-lb loss in a week! Whoo-hoo!

I've been walking on the treadmill (3-4 miles a day) or using the elliptical. I try to lift weights (8 - 10 lb) every other day. If I get bored, I pop in "Fat Burning for Dummies" (Don't you love that title!) tape.

Have you taken measurements? If you're working out, and the weight loss is stalling, sometimes it's better to measure and you'll see that you're sculpting and the inches are coming off, even as you build muscle.

Keep it up, everyone!

Lori Jo
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 06:04

BF:

Hello everyone!

LoriJo-it looks like you are doing all the right things. Keep up the good work. I have been measuring too. I was at a stall for quite awhile after I started working out. It is finally paying off weight wise too.

Best of Luck to everyone this week!

Take care-