Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-17-09, 17:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 290/269/180 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Oops!

Ok, I wasnt thinking ... I was starving because it's the day before payday (and no food since morning!) ... So I was in the kitchen, and my daughter had made some noodles alfredo. Without thinking, I grabbed a few noodles out of the pan -- like a tablespoon's worth. As it was in my mouth I remembered -- OOPS!
So now i'm doing my penance by eating a bowl of cauliflower with butter ...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-17-09, 17:52

Plan: Atkins/ carnivore
Stats: 302/270/190 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 29%

Congratulations, lol. If your on top of your game to jump right back on your woe then your head is in a good place. When it is a negative thing is when you don't think about it for a few days or a few months. I speak from personal experience about the not thinking part, but when your in the right place you oops, recover and see how many good days you can put together. So I say to you again congratulations on your quick recovery. Have a great day.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-17-09, 17:53

Plan: Mostly meat
Stats: 215/193/150 Female 63in
BF:
Progress: 34%

Oh well, it happens. Did you spit it out or was it too late for that?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 08:55

Plan: Atkins: Induction
Stats: 365/228/150 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Oh man I know exactly how that is! I was visiting with my sister and not-even-thinking grabbed a banana out of her fruit bowl (lol she used to joke the only reason she bought them was for when I came over) and started to peel it. Luckily I caught myself and gave it to one of her rugrats before I started to devour it... Ooops!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 18:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedreamer
Oh man I know exactly how that is! I was visiting with my sister and not-even-thinking grabbed a banana out of her fruit bowl (lol she used to joke the only reason she bought them was for when I came over) and started to peel it. Luckily I caught myself and gave it to one of her rugrats before I started to devour it... Ooops!

I had a banana a couple times when I was on induction because I naturally have low potassium (and hate taking anything "supplementish") ... I'm sure that'd be much better to do an oops with than a spoonful of alfredo! (p.s. yes, I did swallow lol)

And, speaking of bananas, my local fruit and veggie market has these mini bananas, a third to a half as long as regular ones. I wonder how many carbs they have.. (ducking as the bacon comes heading my way ...)
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 19:26

Plan: keto
Stats: 230/218/150 Female 5'5"
BF:have/no/idea
Progress: 15%

I had an oops earlier in the week. I make my DH white rice almost daily. I went to taste it, as usual to make sure cooked/seasoned. I ran to the garbage and spit it out,
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 06:47
macabrem

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandarose
Ok, I wasnt thinking ... I was starving because it's the day before payday (and no food since morning!) ... So I was in the kitchen, and my daughter had made some noodles alfredo. Without thinking, I grabbed a few noodles out of the pan -- like a tablespoon's worth. As it was in my mouth I remembered -- OOPS!
So now i'm doing my penance by eating a bowl of cauliflower with butter ...

This post really made me laugh. It reminds me of some "carb nightmares" I've had in the past. I'll dream that I accidentally eat something I wasn't supposed to. Two days ago I had a nightmare that I ate 2 buckets of movie theater popcorn. ha ha!

I have 3 kids. It's amazing what I've accidentally tried and tasted while making their food. And, it is hard for me to say no to a one or two year old trying to share food with me.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 17:05

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by macabrem
This post really made me laugh. It reminds me of some "carb nightmares" I've had in the past. I'll dream that I accidentally eat something I wasn't supposed to. Two days ago I had a nightmare that I ate 2 buckets of movie theater popcorn. ha ha!

I have 3 kids. It's amazing what I've accidentally tried and tasted while making their food. And, it is hard for me to say no to a one or two year old trying to share food with me.

that's funny. the other night I dreamed I ate almost an entire layer cake! (the kind with the fluffy white frosting -- LOVE the fluffy white frosting!) I'm not much of a cake eater, but the frosting gets me every time
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 05:54

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

They finger bananas are very high in natural sugars. Kind of like eating a banana candy bar.