Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 19:45

Plan: ZC
Stats: 260/222/170 Male 5-10
BF:Huh?
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanylip
LMAO!!!! I can only imagine....

Want to see some track records broken in the Olympics? Give the runners Alli, and put a Porta-Potty at the end of the track!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 23:24

Plan: General LC
Stats: 318/213.2/185 Female 5ft 6.5
BF:
Progress: 79%

Yes i am pregnant, when i read i felt bad for the person who wrote it,but then again, little animals on tv make me want to cry. So i am sorry if i offended people, but i just felt you all ganged up on the perosn who wrote the quesiton.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 06:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/112.8/115 Female 5' 3"
BF:34/20/25
Progress: 106%

No one was ganging up on her!

We are all here to help each other, and we thought she needed guidance and information to help her make this very important decision whether or not to combine two non-compatible diet plans. That's all.

People read way too much into things sometimes, I think.

We're all just trying to help her.

Many here are VERY knowledgeable about this WOE, especially the ones who post a lot. That's why people post questions here! They get good, intelligent answers.
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 06:55
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/low carb
Stats: 210.5/209.3/154 Female 174
BF:
Progress: 2%
Thumbs down Alli Is Just Bed Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanylip
From the alli website, under alli friendly diets:

OP advised that she hadn't had any bowel problems, so lets hope that continues. How long has she been taking them? Almost a week? I'd like to know the end results since the website seems to advise against alli & atkins (and taking them together seems counter-intuitive).

yOU KNOW when i was on Alli and had all the trouble with my bowels and irregular period i phoned the customer service many times and they denied the fact that ALLI can cause irregular periods constipation and hair loss.
After further research i have founded hundred of women that liked me experienced the same..so the truth is that Alli will cover the bad exposing just what is good for them..my advice is one again stay away from it weather u are doing Atkins or not
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 09:05
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malishka31
Yes i am pregnant, when i read i felt bad for the person who wrote it,but then again, little animals on tv make me want to cry. So i am sorry if i offended people, but i just felt you all ganged up on the perosn who wrote the quesiton.

Nope...sorry!! We did not gang up on her. Please keep in mind that when a topic like this comes up, the answers are not just for the OP...they are also for any other people who are considering taking Alli while doing Atkins. It is NOT an advisable or wise choice and it is a good thing that we tell the truth.
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 16:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 122.6/118.8/105 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi everyone! So it has been one week and one day that I have been on induction----have not slipped above 20 carbs per day, unless my vitamins have hidden carbs---and I do take quite a few vitamins.....anyway, I have lost 1.4 pounds. That is pretty typical for me when I do atkins. I lose about 1-2 pounds per week. That is telling me so far that alli is not helping me lose anymore than I normally would.

I still have not had any "treatment" effects, however, the financial price is pointless if it is not helping me reach my goal faster!

I guess that is what interested me most---for those people who have tried this combo, and have not experienced any ill effects=----do you lose weight faster???

So far, I have not. Darn

I think someone on here said I was going to just up and disappear---fortunately for me and for others here that are interested in this topic---that's not in my nature!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 17:43

Stats: 205/146.5/140 Female 5'5"
BF:I'm losing it!
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goolu
I also didnt see any "rude" posts; just lots of opinions.

Malishka31 says she is PG; maybe its her hormones talking; I have noticed she is a little "testy" in her posts.
At least she's pregnant, but what's your excuse?
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malishka31
I feel the same way. I think she was ganged up on by a select few, but I think the majority of people really were trying to be helpful. Some people feel offended if the OP doesn't choose to take their advice. Goolu shouldn't have said what she said to you. Now that was rude.
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 18:39
Quilting Lover

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/215/160 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia1
At least she's pregnant, but what's your excuse?

Whats yours?
You come along now to cause trouble?
As SOMEONE said a few posts up.
SOME PEOPLE READ TOO MUCH INTO A POST!
You must be one of them.

IF I offended her I am sorry to her; but that was NOT my intention.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 20:15

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Good grief...can a person state their opinion without being flamed...
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-07, 13:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wectmall
Hi everyone! So it has been one week and one day that I have been on induction----have not slipped above 20 carbs per day, unless my vitamins have hidden carbs---and I do take quite a few vitamins.....anyway, I have lost 1.4 pounds. That is pretty typical for me when I do atkins. I lose about 1-2 pounds per week. That is telling me so far that alli is not helping me lose anymore than I normally would.

I still have not had any "treatment" effects, however, the financial price is pointless if it is not helping me reach my goal faster!

I guess that is what interested me most---for those people who have tried this combo, and have not experienced any ill effects=----do you lose weight faster???

So far, I have not. Darn

I think someone on here said I was going to just up and disappear---fortunately for me and for others here that are interested in this topic---that's not in my nature!
Thank you for the information. I'm glad to know that it doesn't work because I too had considered trying it. The price of Alli was the one thing that kept me from buying it. I'm really glad that you've joined this forum.
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-07, 15:07

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 165/129/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 103%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wectmall

So far, I have not. Darn

Thanks for following up with us! My MIL is doing WW and has alli on her Xmas list. Evidently someone at her meetings has been raving about how great it has been working for them.