Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 14:15

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 160/160/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Im a Quitter

Gosh..........I never thought id say that with a smile!LOL
I have been a non smoker scince Easter. I quit with the cheap Walmart Patch. I did not even use them all. I bought one box and decided i didnt really need them either. I guess when you are ready you just quit. I tried before and Quit then restarted. I dont think i was really ready yet. I wanted to quit but i still loved to smoke i enjoyed it. This time it has been fairly easy. Although my boyfriend was supose to quit too, I found out a few days ago he smokes. Oh well i can only change myself and encourage others to do the same.
Anyhow now I am tring to lose these unwanted pounds with Akins.
Pandora24
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 23:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/168/133
BF:
Progress: 51%

Well done on quitting! I'm only on Day 3 myself, but it's a great feeling not to smoke!

Good luck with your weight loss - I think that if you can stop smoking, you can do anything!

All the best

Jo
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 10:08

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 160/160/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Hello

Well i read some of your stuff and it sounds really pretty where you are. Maybe because you said hills and Village. Here we dont really say that we say town? Any how i am doing good so far but it seems like you are way more motivated on exercising than me, one or two miles of walking and wow im finished. Okay that sounds bad but it is true. Any how i have decided to give my treadmill a rest and go exercise outside, maybe that is what i need ,a good bike ride outside.

See ya later
Pandora
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 01:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/168/133
BF:
Progress: 51%

If it helps any, I hate walking! I can't think of anything more boring... cycling is much more fun! Having 4 dogs means I hjave to do some walking, but it's more often standing still and throwing ball than actual plodding along!

Our local village is a bit too small to be classed as a town - it has a pop. of less than 1000, and consists of 7 pubs, 2 general food stores, 2 butchers, a pharmacy and a newsagent. That's it!

As for hills...well, they're over-rated! I could live without them, especially whilst cycling! There's one that I have to get off and walk up, because I just can't manage to cycle - but the view from the top is good, and the man who lives there likes to have a chat as I go past...I think he thinks I'm nuts, as I arrive up there red faced and puffing every time... one day I'll shock him and cycle up!

So - good luck with inding some exercise you enjoy - that's the key to it all!

Jo