Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-08, 07:30

Plan: General Low Carb/ Optimal
Stats: 235/223/180 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 22%

amandawood I tried to find that post about the eskimo diet and could not any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-08, 04:12

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by soule72
amandawood I tried to find that post about the eskimo diet and could not any help would be appreciated.

I'm really sorry, but I can't seem to locate it either... I looked here there and everywhere on this forum using the Google Advanced Search function, but no luck.

amanda
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-08, 07:30
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Dahlqvist's
Stats: 205/152/160 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 118%

Unless you have had a 25(OH)D test and know that your vitamin D3 level is above 50ng 125nmol/l it would be worth getting this checked out.

Although I can't remember any specific research linking low D3 status with candida there is plenty of evidence that a lower immune status and candida are linked and there is the possibility that improving your immune function by achieving optimum vitamin D status will help.

As there are many very good reasons for having optimum vitamin d status and the cost is trivial it's worth doing simply to eliminate this possibility from the list.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-08, 07:44
Registered Member

BF:

Apart from Vitamin D3 that I have already posted is a natural anti biotic agent so is GREEN TEA.

Combined treatment with catechin allows the use of lower doses of antimycotics and induces multiple antifungal effects. that research shows it helps in conjunction with antimycotics so you may find combined with the vitamin D3 it helps.

I've been drinking Green Tea for some years now. It may take a little getting used to but it is worth it for the many potential beneficial effects it has on health

It also improves your natural photoprotection making you less likely to burn in sunshine.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-08, 10:28
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

Although i despised doing it...and missed atkins terribly...the lifeforce plan is wonderful for kicking candida to the curb.

I think theres even a website, just do a google search for lifeforce plan.
It focuses on getting rid of the candida....and has phases similar to most LC diets.

I do it about once every six months as long as i can stand it but i feel wonderful on it. I have a huge bottle of the candidacleanse supplement that they sell, expensive but it helps..i take it even when i'm not doing the plan.

Goodluck...i know how miserable candida is.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-08, 02:43
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha22
Although i despised doing it...and missed atkins terribly...the lifeforce plan is wonderful for kicking candida to the curb.
I don't understand why you felt you had to stop atkins to follow the lifeforce plan
Apart from the brown rice there is nothing on the permitted list that interferes with Atkins and from the NO list there isn't that much that would normally be available to Atkins users.

I just don't see why you think Lifeplan is incompatible with Atkins.
It may be because I am not personally following Atkins but Dr Dahlqvists plan I am told this is more or less Atkins ongoing weight loss.

However I am very distrustful of plans such as this that are reluctant to set out openly the basic principles underlying their use.
The supplements look more like a scam than anything else to me but maybe I am just too cynical.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-08, 13:11
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchinson
I don't understand why you felt you had to stop atkins to follow the lifeforce plan
Apart from the brown rice there is nothing on the permitted list that interferes with Atkins and from the NO list there isn't that much that would normally be available to Atkins users.

I just don't see why you think Lifeplan is incompatible with Atkins.
It may be because I am not personally following Atkins but Dr Dahlqvists plan I am told this is more or less Atkins ongoing weight loss.

However I am very distrustful of plans such as this that are reluctant to set out openly the basic principles underlying their use.
The supplements look more like a scam than anything else to me but maybe I am just too cynical.

The beginning of this plan allows no dairy, no vinegar, nothing pickled. It is quite different than atkins in that matter....and allows all fruits and vegetables including things like sweet potatoes that are a NO-NO when beginning atkins, and honestly a no-no for me because they cause cravings.

I'm quite skeptical of alot of the supplements and plans out there now too...
I had good results with that one product but i'd never ever spend what they want you to spend on some probiotics.

To each his own plan i suppose