Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#601   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-24, 12:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey there Ladies!!!!!!!

Back to my apt finally ALONE! I am SO SO SO peopled out. It was not a good weekend for my mom. I will leave it at that.

On a great note- I found housing. I found a HIGH-END apt, in Alpharetta. Yup I am having to pay a little (a bunch) more than I do here. However, I am going to be able to live on one paycheck, even with a high-end apt.
I got a 2b/2b- on the top (2nd) floor with a balcony. There are only 2 stories in this apt complex. This means I only have to manage one flight, over 3.
I couldn't deal with stomping over my head. I will be the person on the top floor.
I love the floor plan. It is laid out like a condo and not a box apt. It is super cute!!!

Add that to the fact it is 2 miles from my work- and 1 mile from the center of Downtown. The historic Downtown has a farmer's market every Sat. And many festivals all year long! WHOOT.

So much needs to happen this week and the list is too long to post.

I will be back tomorrow with personals. I am so dam tired I can't see straight! I have not slept the last two nights!

Trig- I have no doubt you are getting better! BE GOOD and REST!!! LOLOL

Lori- Are you tired with 7 days of play in hotter than hades heat?

Nic- How did you visit with Marsha go?

Tomorrow is a new day! I'm in jammies already- only 2:45. I need a nap.
Sponsored Links
  #602   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-24, 04:34

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Finally a good night's sleep! AdvilPM, a gentle rain, and I was out! Feeling ready to tackle the golf course again. I have an eye Dr. appt. at 1:15, so I'll have to watch the clock if play is slow. I may have to leave early.

It actually feels cool outside this morning, and breezy. What a refreshing change. Yes, the heat and humidity was starting to take it's toll. I may take Wednesday off from golf as there are morning t storms in the forecast.

I talked to my sister yesterday afternoon. Her DD and family are all away, so she is dog sitting all week for their 2 dogs. She seemed in good spirits about it. She's basically a prisoner in their home as she won't leave to go anywhere when they are away. She's afraid she'll be in an accident or something and the dogs would be there and no one would know. She said she has all the food etc. that she will need till next weekend when they get home. She wants to come here for a few days visit next month. I offered to drive to her place and bring her here, but she says she is fine to drive. I just hate to think of her making the drive by herself. It can be a long 2.5 hours when you're not used to driving long distances anymore.

---------

Jaz.....Your new place sounds perfect! I hope the move goes smoothly and that you love your new job.

Trig......How's the butt/leg this morning? Hope that mess clears up soon!

Nic....A few days in MD and then back to DE, right? So awesome.

---------

Gotta fly!
  #603   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-24, 06:21

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, yea be careful still golfing in this bigger heat.
Losing power, ugh the worst for sure!! Luckily we had no big storms around, all week super hi 90s with tomorrow will breach over 100 deg I am sure.

Your Sis is still cool helping her DD with the dogs etc. At least she still makes sure you guys do meet up and have fun.

butt/leg not as bad. still gotta be careful, doing baby baby steps and in protect mode now, ugh, pain in the azz literally LOL

Nicco, I got plans to float in the pool too. Taking life easy a bit and relaxing is what we all deserve at this stage of the game right? taking care of all is exhausting right

Jazz, AHHHH super cool on your new digs. Sounds fantastic you hit a nice place, but getting higher end for the bucks you should get what you truly want. Glad that worked out fast for you and SO close to work etc. Great.

You know I am gonna ask you to shoot us email pics later when you get settled. Inquiring minds gotta see LOL

----------------So I didn't swim yesterday. I just got crippled up enough where I thought just wait til tomorrow and go for it. I am moving so cautious and SO freakin' slow I am even sick of myself at this point literally.

bleck

each day I am improving but what is scary is it takes SO darn little to set me back. I gotta slow down again cause when I feel better I speed up and then boom, like I don't know this right? oh well.....day rocks on with me or without me I guess

be good all, focus is on the pool today for sure.
other than that eating 2 NY Strip steaks today and since it is hubby's day off from work I am telling him to do whatever they want, the carby folks can order takeout or cook or ? I don't care, I ain't even thinking about food for them today
  #604   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-24, 11:03

BF:

Good Afternoon

Today has been a full TILT FARRIS WHEEL! So my new bosses boss wanted to meet with me this morning! Up the chain. Thankfully I only had to talk for 5 minutes before she said "Welcome to the team". Then me and my new B chatted about house keeping items. What to wear, start date, orientation ect..... She also said- I can't wait to start you. Done deal.
Now it is just getting HR to give me that "official" offer in writing so I can close the housing deal. Everything starts there!

I'm packing. She has rented out my apt. I'm out regardless at this point. WHOA!!! It's fine I pack up quick!

Lori- Wow I saw those storms move through. Good for you to have cooler weather! We are still dying here down south!

I know you will be itching to see Sis! Yay! It may do her well to get out!

Trig- I am so sorry you are still dealing with the leg- urghhhhh.
I know you have a method for that! Better sooner than later to get that cleared up!

I love you are getting in the pool! WELL DESREVED!!!!!!!

Nic- You are home now?????
--------------------------------------------------------

Woe- 100%

Laser focused on moving.

Chat up later
  #605   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-24, 04:26

BF:

Good Morning!

Day #10 of golf......and I'm taking off tomorrow! This afternoon I have to take my car for it's first service and to be inspected. Get it all done in one appt. Speaking of appts., I went to the eye Dr. yesterday for a complete exam. For 2 years my right eye seems to have a blurry spot. I blamed my glasses prescription, but no.....I have cataracts! I was afraid I had macular degeneration, but all looks good there.....eye health is excellent, it's just the cataracts creeping in. She said I have them in both eyes, but the right eye has one in my field of vision. The good news....they can be removed. The bad news.....they are not bad enough yet. She said the kind I have are fast growing, but I have to wait until they get worse before insurance will pay to have them removed. Oh joy. Probably a year or 2.

Sorry all about me this morning. I have to get my butt moving. Have good days!!
  #606   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-24, 05:50

BF:

Lori, girl, 10 days straight in this heat golfing? you got that Lori stamina for sure

ohh sorry on the eyes. but good thing is all correctable and can be done when it has to be done. happy tho it is not anything worse at all.

Nicco, what's doing? chat up a bit when you got time. Quit Passing the Baby and type to us HAHA

Jazz, wow full tilt. Very cool you get along so great with new boss. GO FULL on and I get if ya can't type as much, you got alot of fast decisions on your plate. Get that move happening!!
Happy all is going so well.

-----------well up and down the pool ladder 4 times and about 2 hrs later I went into total could not walk mode almost. Ohhh felt great to get in the pool, gonna do it again today LOL I don't care if it makes me freak out that stupid sciatic nerve. eh woke up bit better today, so far manageable. will see what goes down later.

don't have to say sorry on your bum leg to me anymore guys. I am just gonna moan about it a bit but darn if this doesn't just kick in and is part of my darn life. Normal for me literally at this point.

all good, gonna swim a bit and take life very slow and easy actually.

called and made hair cut appts for me and kiddo. wow my hair is so long now....I look off to me even HAHA Not used to having that longer hair like this, wanted to grow it out a bit and haven't had a cut in a bit. Colored it yesterday also and right now this longer hair is getting on my nerves a bit. I like it my usual above shoulder length a bit and done deal. so back to normal, longer hair just irks me kinda, fan of shorter for me.

eh, nothing else, taking junk nothing here LOL

be good all, watch the high heat. like 96 today and 98 tomorrow for us here. ohhhh my kinda summer
  #607   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-24, 09:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all
Catching up and checking in!

Trig glad you are enjoying your pool! I plan to get in today too and do some reading. I was supposed to be with Le Bebe today but Rob was up during the night with a stomach bug or food poisoning, so I have to hold off just in case. Can't get a nine weeker sick. Totally did this to myself by commenting to someone yesterday that I haven't been sick in a couple of years. When will I learn!??

I hope that your leg does LESS flaring and improves more day by day. My wish for you!

Jaz everything sounds very positive in the direction of moving and the new job. Yay! I really hope it is a great new start for you.

Lori enjoy your golf day today and your rest day tomorrow. I know two folks who have just recently had cataract surgery and it seems like a pretty easy thing. Apparently you can pay some and have your vision corrected too. That is what I would do, in a heartbeat!!

Things are going okay here. As I said, baby time is canceled in case I end up getting Rob's illness so the afternoon is wide open. Some pool time, maybe a walk if in cools down later. Reading. Just having a day!
  #608   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-24, 12:12

BF:

Hello Ladies!

Lori- Look at you braving the heat!!!!!! Holy cow it is hotter than hades!!!! Aren't you tired? Dam I would be drinking a beer and asleep in the recliner in minutes after all this heat. You go girl!!!!!

Trig- I think that the reason your leg hurt again was working it out in the pool. That being said it was the very best thing you did for your leg! Healing sometimes hurts. I am happy you are able to float away your troubles!!!! LOLOLOL
Does the kiddo jump in with you? Is your grass brown?

How are those kitties doing in this heat? I worry about plants, animals, and people in this kind of heat.
I know you are in your element!

I know you don't want sympathy for your leg. I do feel for ya though. I had that a few months back and it changed me. Nothing taken for granted, including walking!!!!!

Nic- URGHHHHH I sure hope you are good from the stomach flu. That sucks. I know you were like : OMG nooooooooo...... Nothing worse.
I would make a horrid cancer patient in that I hate puking more than anything else.
Hopefully you can escape this. This is a 4-5 day incubation period. Eat nothing with tomato sauce until then! LOLOLOL

You still going to DE Thursday?
-----------------------------------------------------

First, I just want to say I woke up today and was filled with Gratitude. Please pull this post 3 months from now when I am B!tch!ing. LOLOLOL

But truly I am hearing more and more of people like me, nurses, IT, and People with advanced degrees being laid off and unable to find jobs, if ever.
I am going to do the best I can do and TRY to hold on as long as it goes.

I had a set back last night out with friends. I totally ate in all manner of debauchery. : lol:
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh- Back on track
I still don't feel right!

Went to Wally World today to get more boxes. I think I got enough to be enough!

Off to pack a box or take a nap- LOLOLOLOL SO tired.

Till next time
  #609   ^
Old Yesterday, 04:38

BF:

Lori, I got here before ya?? hmmm

Nicco, yea so get ya on not bringing baby around when not sure what hit up Rob. For sure! Never worth that gamble when you can wait a day or 2 and if all clear then go for bringing baby to your house for visits.

You read in the pool? omgosh I couldn't do that LOL I am the type that would drop a phone in the toilet if I had it near one and dump a book in a pool for sure if I had one in my hands

Jazz, ALL types of bad eating? omgosh aren't ya in the hospital. If I did that I don't think I would be able to move the next day.
ugh

back on plan now, enough of that. No more moaning about not losing when ya go off the rails like that. Ya know on ZC when one does that enough times it really can be a massive set back for us. Takes alot longer for the body to clean out and reset again. So not worth it but hey, you got this and back on plan. I know you had some type of farewell party going down I guess

I put a big box fan hanging off the front shelf in the garage to keep air flowing around for kittens. Seems to help. They are doing very well actually in the big heat. so far so good.

-----------yea guys woke up this morn and sciatica issue is very low key now, way better. I can 'feel that level' of alot more healing so gonna watch my steps and hopefully this bout of BS is over

tomorrow is hair cut day at 10
friday is herd of cats to the vet day, gotta check time

I am thinking swim in pool with a few rum drinks. oh yea baby! Yes I function very well in the high heat but nearing 100 today is even a tad tough for me even.

be good all and enjoy the day
  #610   ^
Old Yesterday, 05:58

BF:

Good Morning!

Yea....your girl slept in a bit today. It was nearly 7 when I got up. I was up to the loo at 2 o'clock and it took me a bit to get back to sleep. No golf today, so no agenda or schedule. Love it!

Good day on the course yesterday and then I took my car in for it's first service and inspection....all good and zero cost....perfect!

Today is puttering around doing laundry and hitting the grocery store for a few bits. DH working this morning, so a little peace & quiet. He had a real yacker on this morning. Then his brother called and he puts it on speaker and they both talk SO loudly.....I wanted to scream. Bose headphones to the rescue!

I'm picturing Trig & Nic bobbing in their pools and Jaz packing boxes. What a group we are!
  #611   ^
Old Yesterday, 07:18

BF:

Good Wed Morning!

OMG - PACKING and knee-deep in boxes. Boxes boxes everywhere. I feel a Dr. Suess moment with the BOX BOX on a FOX moment! LOLOL

Trig- I am so glad your sciatica is calming down. That is SO painful.
YUP - a TAD hot is an understatement. I could def do a Rum Drink in a pool!!!!! My next place has a pretty pool. I can't wait for that!

Kitties to the Vet.... Oh boy. I can just picture you trying to round them up. That little gray Siamese is beautiful. Is that the one Kiddo keeping?

Trig to say I was MISERABLE yesterday due to crap eating was an understatement. I needed a recovery day. I am still "not right". Still bloaty and the scales are still up. Yup is was a farewell event. The cleaner we eat the harder we fall! No kidding.
Yea, I will stop whining about the scales! LOLOLOL Good news that is so out of normal for me!

When does kiddo go back to Uni?

Lori-
I love a good putter day! Do you get the heat like we do here?

HAHAHA on hubby having a "Yacker on". Another Lorism!!! - Yup love a good Bose Ear muff!!!!

When did you say Sis might come to see you?

Nic
- Howdy ho! You back in DE? I have lost track of you. So much going on here with time frames and all I am losing track of most else! LOL
I am sure you are doing grand!

I thought of you yesterday. I found a discount Book store. I allowed myself to take a few minutes and browse it. Like I need more junk to move, but a trashy summer book is just what I need.
I bought 3 summer reading books. I am halfway through a D. Steele book. Hers are fuffy and fast reading.

How's everything else going? Any trips on tap?
---------------------------------------------------------------

I pushed my start date back to Aug. 5th hard stop. That is the start date. I have to be in GA, set up and ready to roll for the next 10 years of my life sentence..... I mean job...

I am hoping to get some concrete dates today and movers lined up. I am going to rent a truck and get a driver. They charge 1500- just to cross state lines if I use their truck and drivers. So I need MY rental truck and movers on each side.
It is going to be a pretty penny to move, so anywhere I can save a dime or two the better.

I am also ATTEMPTING to work in a few days at the beach. That is the very last thing I will squeeze on the Calander. That might be a spur of the moment thing.

WOE- Working my way BACK to feeling good. Urghhhhh.
Have a pot roast in the oven. Wanted to get it cooked before it gets to hot to have the oven on! I will eat on it for a few days.

Well- Off to make and fill a few more BOXES!!!! - I am not getting out of jammies or leaving this apt today!

Later Gators.
  #612   ^
Old Today, 00:27

BF:

SO I KNOW I AM the first one this morning, it is 2:15am, fell asleep for like 4 hrs early watching tv...woke up a bit ago and I feel like it is time to get up. ugh. I hope I can fall back asleep in a bit but dang if this 2am ain't gonna just screw with me LOL big sigh......

Lorism, oops, Lori.....I agree with Jazz, Lorism. ''He had on a real yacker this morning'' OMG you crack me up.

zero cost....eww 2 words I love that go together. your new suv is sweet, good to keep that maintenace going strong.

Nicco, waiting on new chat update from ya.
was today a drive back to the vacay home? not sure but you had plans to travel this week right?

Jazz, boxes and more boxes. cardboard girl Smart to push back to Aug 5. Any all days to help ya get this move handled easier is a good thing!! Can't wait for you to send us new dig pics of your new home!!

I like what you said: The cleaner we eat the harder we fall.
WOW that is a great way to put it. ZC is super forgiving and super satisfying and has fab benefits if we keep plan. But honestly we go backward into eating big junk, and OMG we can pay for it dearly. It is like being truly food poisoned. That is one thing that keeps me ON plan is that I don't wanna chance actually getting very sick from carby food and actually might have to hit the darn ER for survival LOL It worries me which I guess is a good thing.

but back on plan is the fix right? do that we got it made in the shade.

kiddo is keeping a gray/white kitty. Siamese is going to go bye bye to one of Tonys friends. I want to keep all but I can't. Well, I don't REALLY wanna HAHA

----------SO happy the darn sciatic nerve is SO much better. I truly can feel when it 'settles' back to normal. ALL the crazy is gone now. No numbness, no tingles, no butt aches, no groin area aches, no leg going out from under me, no bent over walking, no holding onto the wall and countertops or anything else for survival LOL I tell ya....it is like a friggin' night and day switch in my body.

So knock wood on this one.

10 is hair appt for me and kiddo. like 8 friggin hrs before I go.....omg I need to go back to sleep a bit....

So saw a monster deer cruising thru my horse pasture and down to my grey barn. It was just sauntering along, checking in the horse run in stall area. BIG sucker. I kinda thought it was Lollipop moving thru the tall grass but nope. Neighbor dude didn't cut the pasture for hay so it is super tall.

ok signing off to see if I can get back into some more tired mode and see how this early morn progresses. I swear I am going sleep crazy, animal nuts, body nerve insane and probably alot more nutso can join the list.
  #613   ^
Old Today, 03:20

BF:

Good Morning!

I thought I was up early at 4AM, but you got me beat Trig! I woke up and was wide awake.....no sense fighting it. I'm playing golf today, should be a nice day. I have no idea what we'll have for dinner. So tired of thinking about it.

Jaz.....glad you were able to push back your start date. You have a lot to do! You've got this moving thing down to a science.

Nic.....I think maybe you're on your way back to DE today? Safe travels!

---------

Yesterday our little town was utter chaos. The Great American Race came through and stopped at a park here. I don't know much about it except it was a bunch of classic cars that are traveling from point A to point B and having stops along the way. Food trucks set up and cars parked for everyone to look at. I tried to drive thru town to go to the grocery store and it was a circus. I was glad to get home and park my car and stay put!

OMG.....did I tell you that we have had a family of ground hogs in our barn and back yard? We have had 2 adults for several years, but this year there were 5 babies! The babies are getting big now and DH has been trying to live trap them. Last week he caught one of the big ones and yesterday he got one of the young ones. He relocates them to a park uptown along a creek. They can be destructive buggers!

Well, that's it from here. A couple hours until I head for the course. We have an early tee time.....8AM.

Have a great day!