Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 21:39
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%
Question Nicotine Gum/Fat Loss...?

I've read a few articles/posts regarding the use of 'Nicotine Gum' in correlation to fat-loss. I've read that it (nicotine) helps speed up the metabolism, suppress appetite, maintain 'normal' leptin levels, and promote vascularity. What are your thoughts on this (anyone)? It seems like a very interesting concept (which I may pursue). The only 'downfall' that I can think of is the 'addiction-factor' of nicotine. I don't want to be constantly craving nicotine gum... any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 22:25
Registered Member

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 400/343.4/205 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Interesting. Are any of the dangers associated with smoking and chewing tobacco inherent with the nic gum?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 22:30
Registered Member

Quote:
Interesting. Are any of the dangers associated with smoking and chewing tobacco inherent with the nic gum?

-I wouldn't think so. The only side-effect I could think of (as I mentioned earlier) is getting addicted to the stuff.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 22:50
Registered Member

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 400/343.4/205 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hm. Even more interesting So the danger isn't in the nicotine at all, just the way it is passed to the body.
Sheesh, I'll try anything.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 09:07

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default hey ...

Hey, Zeus ...

Stop being so cheap and buy a copy of METABOLISM. I have a good section on "dirty tricks" in there, and Nicotine patches for fat loss is covered in there. LOL.

Just breaking your stones buddy. Nicotine has a host of fat loss properties, and while I do not condone its use, I have seen it work.

Since this is in a "grey area", I won't get further into it, but the addiction factor is right. Also, the depletion of Vitamin C as well as otehr antioxidants should be taken into consideration.

If you want more, e-mail me or buy the book. That's a joke in case I wasn't clear.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 09:12
Registered Member

Cool

Ok, ok, I'll shell out the $15 for it, heheh. Hopefully there are more 'dirty' (and I mean MUDDY) 'tricks' in there. I'll order it today, happy?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 09:18

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default kidding

I was just ripping on you bro. LOL. In that section, I cover transderal nicotine as well as topical yohimbine for possibel spot reduction.

Drop me an e-mail. I have to talk to you anyway.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 09:27
Registered Member

Talking

E-mail sent.