Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-12, 05:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkinsish
Stats: 198/198/175 Male 172cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi all

So ... now I am into my stall, from 92 down to 87 in around 10-11 weeks, a healthy I think ave of .5 per week. I have not moved over the last week though. I have read the threads on water loss and the fat cells staying expanded and some on muscle gain, so I am not in the least worried.

If coming onto this forum since making the decision to make this my lifetime eating style has taught me anything, it is that you will stall and that is is sooooooo important not to give up and say it does not work. It took me many years to get to my current level of fatness, so I don't care how long it will take to get down to lean again. I am 100% committed to the health benefits of low carbing and fully believe that continuing to deny my body, bread, white flour, pasta, potato and rice can only be good for me.

Cheers for now, off to have a salad with Snoek terrine and lots of mayo
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-12, 08:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

What a great attitude...keep it up Noob
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Sep-21-12, 00:55
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Whoo hoo, weighed in this morning and for the first time in about 8 years I saw 82KG on the scale

82.6 is about goal 1 for me as I was looking to lose 10KG from the 92 plus that I was 4-5 months ago. Turning into quite a journey
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Sep-21-12, 03:47

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Great work!!

Only a few pounds more to go!!
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Sep-21-12, 06:03
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Goal 2 is get below 80, but it really is good to see certain numbers come up.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Sep-27-12, 12:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 167cm
BF:
Progress:

Eat the biltong and wors,.... boet!!! Its all good

my only regret is not finding this forum years ago. I am one of the peeps that has struggled with weight all my life. I am short and carry it all on my Boep (African for tummy, cool word huh)

Around 7-8 years ago I tried Atkins, the whole induction thing and so on, and I lost weight. I then succumbed to peer, family and media pressure about how this "diet" was going to kill me, and stopped. Ya you guessed right, I got fat again. SUURRPPRIIISSSEE.

Just recently one of our top Dr's that has been prescribing diets for top SA athletes for years has done a complete turn around.

Prof Tim Noakes, see below

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Die...1-512,73175.asp

Well all hell if it is good enough for him, then it must be OK for me too.

So, thank you to all that have contributed to this forum as I really feel that I will have chance of getting some health back and to lose the extra that I have carried around like baggage for years.

My plan is not to do the induction this time but rather to switch over to restricting carbs for the rest of my life. My family are finally convinced that although low fat low GI works for them, it does not work for me and have become supportive(at last). I will follow the threads and recipes with renewed interest and have already tried a few.

In summary what I would like to do is post what I am eating day by day and get your comments and criticism so I can learn more.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards[/QUOTE]