View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-17, 11:39

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi LiLi! Welcome. You've taken a great first step. I can only speak about what worked for me when I was getting started. I came into this way of eating somewhat by accident so I had virtually zero preparation.

I started very slowly and simply. I hadn't even read a book so you're way ahead of where I was. I just gave up anything sweet. No diet coke, no cookies, no sweet fruit. Nothing. And then I cut back a little on bread. In six weeks, those simple changes alone were worth about 15 pounds on me. For the first time in my life, dietary changes were actually causing me to lose (relatively) significant amounts of weight! AND I was a lot less hungry than when I was eating anything I wanted.

And so then I decided to go whole hog. I gave up bread and potato chips completely. I started to actually count my carbs. That was good for another 15 pounds. I was able to maintain most of that loss simply by keeping in mind that it was carbs, not fat, that make me hungry (and then fat). I easily and deliberately sat in the 180's for about 2 years. Not really trying to lose weight. More maintaining than anything. Then, this January, I decided to go back into ketosis.

Now, I'll be honest with you - the loss from 180 to 170 was a slow slog. And I anticipate that the trek to 160 will be even more difficult. With less weight to lose, I'm faithful to an actual plan that seems to be working for me. But, if your eating habits are anything like mine were, then simply cutting out sugar might have a huge, immediate impact. And you can ride your success from there.

Good luck - YOU can do this!