View Single Post
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 10:47

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
OK, it's between meat and potatoes here, but make it between meat and tripe, meat and liver, meat and kidneys. Now let's say you're rich and you can buy all the food you'll ever want. Why would you buy potatoes, or liver, or whatever else that you don't prefer? For me, it's Angus rib steak all the time. Nothing else even comes close.
My point (one of them) is that humans have completely lost touch with how they should eat, we have zero intuitive sense of what makes a healthy diet. What we've been raised on makes a huge difference as far as what we prefer, and that may not correlate at all with what our bodies need to function effectively. Take for instance, my stepson, who is the ultimate "picky eater" and has been basically allowed to determine his own diet. His "meals" are chicken nuggets, canned soup or Domino's pizza, maybe a hamburger at times. Augmented with cheese fish, Ritz crackers, Gogurt, applesauce and of course candy. If you give him a carrot, he'll throw it away. I am flabbergasted that a body can survive on such a diet, obviously he has some health issues. Culture is what protected our diet for a looong time, but it has been scrambled and lost. Wild animals do much better than we do at diet selection.

More to say, but I should be working....