#97   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 16:42
Registered Member

Plan: Modified CKD
Stats: 170/170/170 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress:

CKD For People who Can't Make it to the Gym Regularly

I'm sure many people use this approach, but I just developed it on my own. My variation on CKD that has been working well (body fat % is dropping, abs starting to pop out, but very little weight loss at all!) is tailored to the fact that sometimes I will go a whole week or week and a half and have no time to hit the weights hard. It's a VERY simple variation... all I do is stay in keto/low carb until I notice that my lifts in the gym are starting to suffer... That might happen 5 days after going low carb, or I might stay low carb for 14 days. Then I plan sometime in the near future to have a grueling full body session (try to still keep it as close to an hour as possible and i usually superset), followed by the normal carb up and post carb up workout a day or so after. I usually stick to a 1 day carb load to make sure I don't spillover, but if I won't be able to do my post carb up workout for another few days, I'll carb load for at least 1.5 days, if not 2, and I haven't had problems (again, standard carb loading techniques).

It makes for a very flexible schedule if I either can't or don't feel like working out much for a little while.